It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price Jolt: Electricity Bills Going Up, Up, Up!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

LMAO, click on the images in the second post, and you will see the full versions. (i think)
I hereby retire from posting images!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Not to be offensive, but you Yanks are always complaining about the price of this and that; Petrol for example, yet you still get it MUCH cheaper than the rest of the world.

Exactly how much are you paying per KWh of electricity? And like wise for Gas?

Well it is a big deal here in the states stumason. I don't know if you have ever had a chance to visit here or not but driving in Europe from country to country is like driving to another state here and in many cases to another city within the same state.This is a much, much larger country where things are spread out a lot more.You must drive much farther to say visit a relative. This is why we must use autos here.We do not have a major mass transit system as you guys do over there because of the distances here.It ends up costing us more see what I mean.

[edit on 05/16/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
What I don't understand is we live in a city where they use coal, so why are my prices going up, they receive the coal from a train not trucks?
Why is everyone jumping on this raise prices bandwagon?? It's not fair isn't there a LAW or something preventing this kind of stuff JESUS

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Get off the grid then and quit your complaining.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOOmOO
Get off the grid then and quit your complaining.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by elevatedone]

This is a prime example of a totally useless response to a thread. "Get off the grid... and stop complaining" makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine. Tell me genius what should the people do that live in the cities?

I have not heard one whimper from congress about this....amazing! It only further proves how corrupt our entire system of government has become to alow this type of gouging to continue.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Another point to make.

USA, our nation yes our nation is an oil producing country the only oil that UK produces is the one that they are allowed to pump from USA Alaska, yes Alaska.

So why are we paying so much for Gas, because our natural resources are privatized so crocks can profit more.

We as a nation that produces oil should not be paying so much for it.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

we shoudl do what Chavs and co do
nationalize the Power grid and water, atleast that way we wont get screwed over by the shareholders.

our Tax's are already used to build the infrontstructure of most things.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

*cough*
North Sea oil and gas

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
marg6043 sorry but Alaska is not the North Sea

careful now the Russians have planted a flag under the North Pole. ;]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Thanks Brodul, sometimes I get confuse with the historical facts of nations.

, anyway, it seems that the UK should not be paying so much for gas either.

sty

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
last electricity bill for 2 ppl here in UK was 65£ (british pounds, once at every 3 months bill). Now I got 135 £ to pay ! If my TV stops , they will be in trouble with me !

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well it seems that my mistake was due to the BP links to the UK and the rights to drill in Alaska.

www.corporatewatch.org.uk...

BP Drills Alaska North Slope Gas Hydrate Test Well to Assess Potential Energy Resource

www.bp.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Like I said earlier in the thread, out of the current £1.29/litre price for diesel, only 55p is actually paying for the fuel itself. The other 74p is Tax.

Can i ask again what kind of prices you pay for electricity per KWh? Just as a comparison? I'd like to know the state of play across the world when it comes to all these rising prices.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think with taxes figured in I pay about 6 cents per kWh, here in pennsylvania. That is all coal by the way.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

My electricity bill is almost 400 dollars a month in the summer, but I am on what is call a budget and is cut in half to even out during the winter.

I have been in my home for 10 years and in those ten years it has double.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i would like to know why benefits for the poor \old and handicap people have not risen....these people must choose between food and paying bills..truly sad....

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

I tell you what, if things keep going the way they are, I will not be able to afford electricity anymore.

Is going to be to the point that either I can not drive or eat anymore just to be able to pay my electricity bill.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
isnt this the kinda stuff civil wars are founded upon? Unequal rights?

I mean we the American people only helped build this country, IMO we all should get to have our basics for free an tax all the crap we dont need.....

I'd love to see a tax on the companies for selling products that could be harmful to its consumers.

I mean tax the rich, ROBIN HOOD these fools. End the suffering of millions upon billions of people everywhere . Everyday we watch the cost of living rise an the amount at which we are paid stay the same, Not to mention Our jobs becomming one of the most guarded secrets lol

Im watching College grads competing with High school drop outs an grads for Low pay High hour jobs.... An I Say Whhhhhhhat? Snarf Snarf Lionel we have a problem.....

Yet all we have is us talking, where is the comming together?

What about the a organization of us all into a large entity Prolly much larger then any other corporation.... Something needs to be put in motion.... Or else we are gonna run into riots...

Edited with the help of my commodore 64.......

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
About higher energy prices ...

Have you written your Congressman?
Have you written your State Representative?
Have you written the Public Utilities Commission?

Complaining to your friends and on an internet board won't get results.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
but complaining to the people who are supposed to have the best interest in its people is a better idea? These people are the ones who droped the ball.... Whats writing the folks gonna do other then get a response from their assistant?

I think we need to get bigger about it, go on tv viral videos,
MARKET THE problem Like its been MARKETED to us.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join