It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blogger arrests hit record high

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I find it funny - we are in a New World -- but are we really ...?
it seems the rich want everything and the poor... well nothing...
wouldn't that make the rich ... poor ... money has to be worth something... and if you have too much of something that makes its value less...
but when Money is concerned 00000hhhh Noooo...
its worth is nothing to begin with... then we borrow it at 6%... so its negative for anyone who SAVES it...
* I wanted to find out if I could get some drywall work done for free...
I found someone who would do it... but he wanted me to spend as much time on his computer as he spent on my house... so I played while he worked... and not one dime changed hands... except for 200 dollars in materials... Tks billy ... excellent job ...

we need to find other ways of getting what we want without en riching the RICH, they will get the message when their numbers dont meet their expectations.,...

[edit on 16-6-2008 by 888LetsRoll]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

I know an SS agent who has been on detail for foreign royalty, the Clintons, the Kerrys, and the Gores. Your story sounds very strange to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by applebiter

It may sound strange but it is true. My parents can attest to it because my stepfather is the one they woke at 9 in the morning and dragged me out of bed demanding what it was all about.

I would like to add that it is only speculation that they monitored the website. It is also a possibility one of them could have been browsing and saw it, or someone could have reported it. I don't really know how exactly they found out. The point is that they did indeed find out and checked up on it.

[edit on 6/16/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Oh, say, can you see... Können Sie sehen?

A blast from our ancient past:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Oh, look at that: the Bill of Rights.

They'll be arresting me, next.

You have no bill of rights. You lost it along with Hebus Corpus.

Too late contestant.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOOmOO

You have no bill of rights. You lost it along with Hebus Corpus.

Too late contestant.

The correct term is Habeas Corpus. Thats like spelling Jesus, Jebus.

[edit on 6/16/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yea, We are all doomed.

We won't do anything about it though. We will just sit here and wait for our turn.
We are weak minded individuals that have no authority in our lives and let others make decisions for us.
We have no heart or courage, no bravery lies within us. Just lay and take it. It's all you can do. Your precious world government will give it to.

Good thing I am not one of those guys. Get up and stand up for your rights.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
this is why i consider ppl who join the army to fight for freedom abroad idiots

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
LMAO. I couldn't care less what you think about me encouraging others to flag posts. Don't like it? Too bad. If I see a thread that i think is important, I will try and draw as much attention to it as I can. Who cares if you approve or not.

Now now, you don't want to ignite conspiracy theories about you trying to get people to group flag threads. ¬___¬

Man this entire thing is getting out of hand. If it's true that their freedom of speech is being infringed upon when they're arrested, can't they sue the cops? Or do the judges just completely ignore the people and convict the people anyway?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Not certain if this is relative, but........ a weather site I frequent has had the usual blogger conflicts, and some allegedly chose to stalk their "opponents", then post personal information about them. I found this to be a severe infringement of privacy.

I couldn't tell from the linked story...... were the arrested bloggers claiming that they were just plucked out of the blue and prosecuted? I served my country, and believe that helped protect U.S. freedoms. I currently enjoy a freedom of speech. I don't in any way think that absolves me from slander, or internet stalking however.

I'll go read again, see if I can glean any more info.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter

Yes, I am dead serious. And no they didn't have a search warrant. They didn't really care and neither did I because all they did was scold me. They didn't arrest me or anything. I was in high school at the time. I think they realized it was just a high school kid playing a joke and decided it was nothing serious, because it wasn't. They were actually pretty cool about the whole thing. They thought it was funny, but said they were required to do their job and investigate it.

On the serious side, that doesn't necessarily mean your file was destroyed. You'll find out, I guess, if you ever apply for a job that requires a police check or security clearance.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Threatening someone with written words? Is that really a threat or an opinionated rant? This is a very thin line we are crossing here.There should be no crime in putting thought on paper(or the ethernet)A crime is committed when a physical action is taken against a person or property.

Arresting bloggers for thoughts for any reason is dubious.Even the sicko writing about what the little girls were wearing.What actual crime did he commit?I emphatically agree that his actions and intent are suspect and in polite society completly unacceptable. Yet are we really willing to allow for the advent of the thought police? Or are we still a country that believes in personal freedoms and freedom of speach?

If you dont believe threatening the president on an internet forum is seriously frowned upon, go ahead and do it and see for yourself.

And FYI, verbal threats on any level can and will be construed as a crime, written or otherwise. You can be charged for assault for simply saying that you are going to kick someones ass. Now imagine how serious they take this kind of stuff when you are talking about the secret service.

Those guys do not mess around...at all.

Im not saying it is right, and yes to a large degree it is thought policing. But in this day and age you have to be very careful about what you say, and even more so what you type because it is permanant. Unlike speech, written words can be captured and obtained and used against you for prosecution.

Anyone who feels that they are operating on the internet under the guise of anonymity is dead wrong. People are watching all the time. And you never know when you may get a visitor one Saturday morning, just like Mad Hatter.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We need to create a blog about the political bloggers being arrested, write up an article about their particular case and repost everything they exposed on their blog to spread their information further.

We can't just back down from these assholes because of the fear of being arrested. If anyone in this country is serious about a revolution, those involved can't be afraid.

Do you think Gandhi was afraid? How about Martin Luther King Jr.? I'm sure they were. Not only of arrest, but maybe even more likely, death. Yet they still pushed forward.

I'm not implying we have Gandhi's or Martin Luther King Jr.'s out there and they need to step up and lead us back to freedom, but their methods of dissent and non-compliance with anything less than what was just and right is what needs to be the model for our own revolution, which, like theirs, is unique in its own way, but no more or less important.

Something needs to be the breaking point. What is it going to be? Are we going to put a stop to it when freedom of speech, as it is starting to be now, begins to be violated and suppressed? Or is it really going to take the public extermination of Americans in the streets to really get people pissed off and motivated?

I for one hope we will not wait that long.

They are just pushing us further and further, inch by inch, seeing what we will do, IF we do ANYTHING! It really needs to stop.

NOTE: Please be aware of the emphasis put on "political" bloggers. I am not suggesting sharing the stories of men who post about young girls who were arrested. Those who have made their readers aware of corporate or governmental abuses and crimes and have been arrested for it is who we should care about. And we should truly care about them. We share their common interest in setting things right again. We shouldn't just allow society to abandon them, assume they're criminals just because they were arrested and let our leaders get away with it.

[edit on 6/16/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

That would totally depend on where you're being arrested and charged.

If it's China, then you got almost no hope of having any say or even coming away with a clean slate.

In the Uk, the best you could do is charge the arresting officers/force with wrongful arrest. You might get some form of compensation from the CCB (Criminal Compensation Board). There is the slim chance you could sue them in a court of law in UK, but you'd have to be real sure that the topic you blogged about wont upset the court/judges

As far as the states goes, well, the majority already know you can be sued for the slightest things these days.

IMO, suing is not the answer.

The legal systems make examples of convicted criminals with the sentences they receive. If your blog/post/.thread has upset some big wig in government and he wants you arrested for 'terrorism/treason/blasphemy/slander/heresy/name-your-poison, and then you are arrested, yet go free later, then not only should the force be responsible for not following/understanding the law correctly, but the person who brought about the request for arrest should also get some form of punishment.

I think that would stop a lot of 'gonna sue you' cases and make some people a bit happier about the law system.

But there seems to be a major point we're all missing here.
DimensionalDetective spoke out about how this is the start of it...and it is..this is the start of the end of blogs and free speech and sites like ATS (though ATS is gonna be one heck of a big nut to crack).

This is the start of the TPTB getting more systems to scan blogs and ATS for topics that go against the system. This is the gradual progression of "Is your neighbour online a lot?..are they involved in blogging?.. please inform your local anti-terror squad if you suspect someone of blogging"

It's the start of such sites being monitored 24/7/365...every word. Laws will be made..people convicted and made criminals...

All because they had something to say.

Well, now I got something to say...

You will not win..we will speak freely and openly..our voices will be heard..we will spread the message.. we will shout from the hills and the rooftops ... and if needs be, we will scream our message from the cages you put us in... We will, of course, not be criminals. We will be feared by you. Your weakness is the people you believe you have power over.

Long live freedom.
Long live ATS.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Extralien]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Oh dear...what is this world coming to...

In terms of someone admitting, or insinuating that they have the intent to commit a crime, or have in fact commited one, then I think the people reading, should say something orthey should try and do something. In this sense, I would consider it the same as hearing someone in the restroom talking about committing a crime with the intent to harm someone else etc.. etc..

However, in terms of opinions, people shouldn't be arrested based on their choice of words...I have the right to Freedom of Expression. Why should I not be public about my distrust of George Bush? Why should I not express my frusteration with my current Government in Canada? I have the right to freedom of expression, I have the right to Peaceful Assembly. There is no stipulation in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, that suggests Assembly can't happen online (such as a place like ATS), or that I can only express my opinions vocally.

laws.justice.gc.ca...

- Carrot

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

this is exactly how Nazi Germany came to be!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Rik Clay's blog thecosmicmind.blogspot.com... has been deleted.

It does not have to mean anything, but I would like to let you know.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by meancookie89

That's a little extreme, nazi germany came to be in a very slow way over a good 10 years. Seeds of hatred were planted and allowed to grow, groups assaulting the jews and other undesirables were sponsored from behind the scenes and then openly promoted. Legal immunity for all of these groups was later garnered and rich undesirables were stripped of assets firslty by encouraging people not to trade with them and then going into their homes and aking everything.

Lets not go of on the deep end and bring in the nazi arguement just yet. We're a way off of that but this attack on freedom of speech is very bad and needs to stop.

For those saying it should be allowed to type something online about killing someone. I should remind you that there are laws in place against death threats for a good reason. If someone types on a webpage they intend to kill someone or they are trying to incite someone else to kill them then it should be addressed.

Simple commentary on political problems, hatred of a corporation or exposing injustice however needs to be protected with everything we can muster as a world. It's what keeps the idea of freedom alive. We used to have freedom of the press in older times, that's gone. Then we had freedom in radio, that's gone now. Then there was tv, for a while that was quite good although it was never really free. Then the internet came along.

It really is the last place of freedom, the fact that it's under attack makes me start believing the whole NWO thing. It's like there are people our there actively going after anything that could be used to keep the public informed.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
From my understanding countries that are doing this are Iran and China and Egypt, countries all ready known for poor civil rights.

It is very typical that when the truth is literally owning in the info war that they have to put a scare into everyone using the the most powerful outlet for truth the internet.

They want people to be scared to write online essentially trying to silence anyone that tries to expose the mainstream deceptions.

Anyone here that says they got a visit probably wrote something violent and you should get a visit if you are saying that because you give everyone else with liberty beliefs a bad name. Never promote violence or even joke about it. Why go violent, peaceful methods of just pointing out mainstream articles that educate people on the big picture, are the best ways.

You think they want to file a case against a 9/11 truther and bring the issue even more attention? No, its much easier and effective to just have their own people post counter arguments. Its an info war that's all

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
its really sad we have let things escalate this far. it will soon be too late. we will wake up one day and wonder what happened...

this is a major issue and needs to be fought. IMMEDIATELY.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
We need to create a blog about the political bloggers being arrested, write up an article about their particular case and repost everything they exposed on their blog to spread their information further.

Right...

As the article stated, the majority of these cases were in China, Egypyt, and Iran. So are you going to write the gov'ts of those countries a polite letter asking for full disclosure of the cases in their countries?

Let us know what response you get, OK?

The US, otoh, is the most open and free country in the world. The one case reported was a pervert mouth breather who liked pre-pubescent little girls. All the details are available to anyone, except for the names of the little girls. They deserve their privacy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join