It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honda's Zero-Emission Car Unveiled: FCX Clarity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Honda's Zero-Emission Car Unveiled: FCX Clarity

www.huffingtonpost.com

Honda's new zero-emission, hydrogen fuel cell car rolled off a Japanese production line Monday and is headed to southern California, where Hollywood is already abuzz over the latest splash in green motoring.

Honda expects to lease out a "few dozen" units this year and about 200 units within a year. In California, a three-year lease will run $600 a month, which includes maintenance and collision coverage.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sounds great right? I agree 0-emissions does sound good but at $600 a month it seems more like a cruel joke than anything.

The world needs accessible and functional solutions to our environmental issues, not "dream machines" that only the Hollywood elite can afford.

So while I like to idea of 0-emissions, I give Honda 4 out of 10 on this one as it will undoubtedly do little to help.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is what kills me about these kinds of 'developments'.

First of all, the technology they are using has been around for a number of years, so the research was already done for them. Second, the materials and production facilities for the manufacture of these vehicles is not 'rocket science' requiring astounding new technology.

So why the high price tag? Because they MUST substantiate the MYTH that it is MORE expensive to go green. Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What kills me is that this vehicle is not hydrogen on demand as it very well could be.You do not fill 'er up with a garden hose before you leave for work in the morning. You still have to "BUY" the gd damn hydrogen. Who do you think gets that money. The same damn people who get our money now. Oil cartels will simply have to convert to hydrogen cartels.
I want off this planet!!!!! AgHHHH

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Mods, please lock this thread.

It is already started here

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Please add to existing discussion, linked above.

Thanks,

Thread Closed.

top topics

join