It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California same-sex couples to start to wed Monday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

California same-sex couples to start to wed Monday

www.cnn.com

The ruling that legalized same-sex marriage in California formally takes effect at 5:01 p.m. PT (8:01 p.m. ET) Monday. That's just past closing time for county offices that issue marriage licenses, but some plan to stay open late to accommodate same-sex couples.

Clerks expect a much larger number of couples Tuesday morning. They will complete marriage-license applications that replace "Bride" and "Groom" with "Partner A" and "Partner B."

Stephen Weir and John Hemm of Martinez plan to be among the first in line Tuesday.

"My family and friends are going to be there to celebrate this, and there isn't anybody that's going to take any of that away from us," Weir said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I've been wondering something about this whole "gay" concept. Why even bother going through all this trouble? Why not just let the gays marry who they want to create some stability in this situation?
The gays are literally having a revolution here in America and people are worrying too much about their beliefs to give more privilege to the gays.

California, in my opinion, has done the right thing. Let they marry and leave them alone because they're only a minority.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yep, the biggest threat to marriage isn't people who want to get married.

Not sure how that asinine thought ever got started.

The biggest threat to marriage is divorce for goodness sakes.

Anywho, I'm glad to see civil rights being applied to everyone.

new topics

join