It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Sex, No Chocolate, No Alcohol, No Cigarettes...CRAP!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
What in the world?!? You get to the ripe old age of 49 years old, and all of a sudden you realize...I CAN'T DO SQUAT!!! Because of my husband's old age problems, my menopause symptoms and other medical problems, I'm restricted to a life of deprivation...AND IT MAJORLY SUCKS!!!!

We used to have such a wonderful sex life...< sigh>...I miss that. But half the time, because of my own menopause symptom of a lowered sex drive, I just don't care about it much at all. Or I'm hurting too much to want to do anything...this happens all the time. Sometimes I do, though...but nothing is gonna happen because of my partner and his own lowered sex drive due to depression medication or because he's hurting from his arthritis. THIS JUST BITES, BIGTIME!

I find out I'm Type II Diabetic...now I can't have sweets, carbohydrates, beer, wine, alcohol...any of the good stuff...bites, bites, BITES!!!

They give me a new medicine for my fibromyalgia...it makes me hungry and I gain about 15 pounds, bloods sugar goes haywire...aaaarrrrgggghhhh!! Medicine works okay to help the pain, but geeeeezzz, crap!

Suppose to try to quit smoking...yeah, right...can't do anything else, but I'm suppose to give up my last bastion of relief, my last sanctuary of comfort and security...my soothing oral-fixation habit. I REFUSE, DAMMIT!! i JUST FLAT REFUSE!

Crap!

Crap, crap, CRAP!!

Rant, RaNT, RANT!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You could become an adrenaline junky! Sorry about your problems though. They say exercise helps diabetics. Perhaps it burns off more sugars so you could sample a few sweets?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yeah...exercising definitely does help, but for fibromyalgics, you have to be careful or you'll hurt a lot longer than normal folk do. It's a balancing act on that, let me tell you! But I do try to exercise...I'm always sore and hurting somewhere, but I try to keep limber and strong I do stretching and other exercises, but I hate to walk...it's so boring to me! And hot, or some other bad weather going on. I hope to try swimming this week...last time I tried it I was in worse shape than I am now and couldn't handle it.

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate your concern, and wish I could do more exercising than I can do. One doctor I went to told me to "hit the wall" with my exercising...tried that and it just doesn't work for fibromyalgics...like I said, just hurts too much for too long and you mess up your good work you have done up to then because you can't exercise for a while.

I'm just ranting to get it out of my system...and to let some people who are going through some of these things know that they aren't alone with their frustrations! I'm here bitchin', too, right with ya!!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I wonder if they have a pill to take that will give people a better life?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors

They do, but they're all illegal and very addictive.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

Originally posted by eye open doors

They do, but they're all illegal and very addictive.

I said a better life, not the short term illusion of a better life. I may have taken the pills you speak of.

FibroKat,

Life kind of throws curve balls sometimes huh? Challenges link us all together, no matter what age, sex, religion, or whatever. Who knows, maybe you will enjoy abstaining from all those things.

[edit on 6/16/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
My fiance is a type II diabetic. You can have Chocolate and all the carby good stuff, you can't just go all hog wild nuts on the stuff.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That stinks...

About christmas, my dad was diagnosed with Type II diabeates, he started eating healthy, and not drinking beer, and all tthat, and now 6 months later, the doctors mind is blown away, cause my dad is back to normal...

He was on some medication that the doc told him to take 4 times a day, my dad just decided the medication himself, and took however many he wanted, the last 2 months, he stopped taking the pills altogether, and the doctor was shocked, and my dad turned out completly fine... so now he can have beer again!:w:

He also ended up losing like 30 pounds in 6 months...and now he weighs less then me...

My dad started eating like 6 small meals a day, no junk, no carbs, and he got better... he is the most healthy ive ever seen him. Now he can have spagheti and meatball again, and beer too...

So don't get down on yourself, just listen to what your doc says, and you can get better. My dad is a little bit older then you, so don't get discouraged... 6 months ago, my dad was diagonosed diabetic, now he is totaly normal.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I find out I'm Type II Diabetic...now I can't have sweets, carbohydrates, beer, wine, alcohol...any of the good stuff...bites, bites, BITES!!!

I am not advocating that you do anything illegal, BUT smoking other substances (which will remain nameless). This substance also could help out your fibromyalsia.

It was not a surprise to me to read of successful trials in Germany for fibromyalgia with THC, the medicinal chemical in cannabis/marijuana. I have about 100 fibromyalgia patients using marijuana/cannabis very effectively. It is known that cannabis has good analgesic, antispasmodic and euphoriant actions.

LINK TO ABOVE ARTICLE QUOTE

So.... you could have a fun, pain relieving, calorie free buzz if you use the right substance. I am not sure what state you are in, but talk to your doctor and see if it is a legal option for you.

*turns off the reggae music*

Peace.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Join the club! It wasnt that long ago i had a thread about sex!!! (or lack of)

My mind is 17 years old, the outter body looks about 40, the insides are falling apart, feels like 100 some days...life just isnt fair. I feel like a sexy woman, but the husband just enjoys fritos and dip and forgets i exist.

Chocolate makes me fat, cigarettes are doing me harm and i dont drink.

I'm not ready to give up yet- i hope there is something good for me somewhere, where i least expect it.

Looking for Mr. Goodbar.

He's not within the confines of ATS- i know that.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm going to have to back up DINSTAAR on this one. Fibermyalgia is one of the MANY things that doctors have prescribed Marijuana for. It acts as a true muscle relaxer. In addition, I have heard reports of it helping with diabetes because of the way THC is processed in the body... something to do with sugars. In helps increase sex drive in alot of people, as well it also acts as a mild pain killer. Arthritis? Helps out in that area, as well... I would do some serious research on it, and don't fall for the craptastic info from the so-called studies.

I would recommend starting with info from NORML - Marijuana Medical Use and work your way around from there.

The next step would be to move to Canada, lol! But, seriously... if it is illegal in your area, you may want to consider a move somewhere else if you are worried about repercussions. I'm not going to lie to you and say I'm not advocating illegal activity. If it is something that you feel, after researching it, consider and weigh the consequences and options. Always try to buy local, and don't buy import. Honestly, don't poison yourself with the crap they prescribe if you can find a natural remedy, legal or not.

This is all, of course, my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt, but at least do your own research into it.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
TKain...

Same with my fiance, he is pretty much back to normal now. He has the goodies in moderation and takes a walk every day on his lunch break at work.

Can you handle taking a walk fibroKat? Simply counting your carbs and moderate activity will make a great difference with your diabetes.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FibroKat

Of course you can, it's just about moderation. Plus i thought Carbs were good for diabetes because they release slowly throughout the day and keep your levels steady?. Correct me if im wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes, I can have chocolate and carbs in moderation. That does help with some of the feelings of deprivation, at least. I was just feeling just so different now than I did when I was younger and could do things without worrying so much about the repercussions.

I'm trying to lose weight, now, so that's also part of why I'm feeling so deprived. Getting this extra weight off should help with the diabetes. I'm trying to walk more, just have to force myself to get out there more often. I do exercise inside my apartment, though...try to do something every day, if I'm at all up to it.

I wish I did live in California or somewhere where the "substance" was legal. I wouldn't mind having some to help with the aches and pains, just wouldn't want to do too much that I didn't want to get off of my butt to get my exercise. I haven't partaken of any of that in soooo long! Don't know where to get any...sigh...probably get caught trying to find it, with my luck...lol.

Costs a bunch to live in CA, doesn't it? Probably couldn't afford to live there....sigh, again...lol.

Thank you all for responding!! I've appreciated the feedback...keep the ideas coming, please! It's keeping my spirits up!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FibroKat

Bless your heart. You are indeed going through a rough time. Seems like it's all hitting you at once.

I'm here to tell you to have no fear.........you are changing from a vibrant sexual being to a mature woman of substance. I am 61 and was right where you are several years ago.

You are going through a rite of passage to a wonderful learning experience. Yes, it hurts and is depressing but it too shall pass.

In time you will learn to control your diabetes. I've been type 2 diabetic for over 20 years. I found that insulin works much better for me. I take one shot of Lantus at night. The pills caused me to be B12 deficient and damaged my kidneys.

I too enjoyed a healthy sex life. My sex drive has waned and my significant other is older than me so he has problems also. We have learned to work with what we have left lol. It is the sweetest love making I've ever experienced.

I stick to my diet 6 days a week. The seventh day I eat anything I want. It has worked to help me loose weight and keep it off.

Gardening takes care of my exercise and helps my spirit. It also helps feed us.

It is not easy to overcome the situation you are in but it can be done. Stay young in your heart. Enjoy the little pleasures in life.

Set goals for yourself. My personal goal is getting my 1973 Harley Davidson back together so I can put it in the wind again and feel the freedom it gives me. I had the fenders and tank painted and am in the process of rechroming a few parts.

It's all going to work out for you, I promise. You can do it. Life only gets better.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Thanks so much, Dizziedame, what a touching reply!

I have newfound hope!

A goal is a wonderful thing...will get to work on that as soon as I get my apartment cleaned up...hey, that's a goal! Not a good one, though, but one that needs doing...argh! We're on Housing and have inspection coming up next week...oh, the aches and pains that await me!

Had some family troubles come up this weekend, too. I tell ya, when it rains, it pours! But, oddly enough, I'm not depressed...at least I don't think I am. Maybe I'm numb. Hope not...naw, laughed at myself, so I'm not numb.

Thank you all, so much!!! It helps just to type these things out, sometimes, and this was definitely one of those times, I believe. Bless you all!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

They do make a pill (prescribe by a doctor) to help alcoholics quit drinking. If you go to take a drink, the alcohol makes you very sick (v0mit). I would say alcohol would then start being a negative in your life; but your life may be better because you fought one of your addictions.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm not addicted to alcohol (thank goodness), but could be very easily. I've only had one bottle of wine this whole year. Alcoholism runs in my family, so I'm consciously trying not to succumb to that temptation.

Ya know...aging just isn't easy, especially for a woman. Oh, it's better now than it was 50 years ago because we have so many advances to help us, but it's still really rough! It's hard to watch yourself grow old when being young and vibrant was always so much a part of your life.

I know that most of us older women do count our blessings, and most are happier with ourselves in many ways than we were when we were young...but there's still those certain little concerns, unique to each woman, that bother us in our innermost contemplations.

I'm still sort of angry about all of my problems, but I'm learning to deal with it...it's just gonna take a while...hope it doesn't take the rest of my life! LOL

top topics

join