It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride is Natural in Water

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
TheComete, all of your links are from government sites. Don't you think

they could be a little biased?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I pay for water, H2O yes thats hydrogen and oxygen and thats what I expect to get. What I don't expect to get is medication added with my water. In mainland Europe there are a few countries that have banned fluoride in everything but toothpaste such as Belgium. I don't care if there are "tooth" benifits, the studies into fluoride and the effects on the human body are vague to say the least. There isn't any hard evidance that fluoride even slows down tooth decay. But hey fluorosis is good? A recent study by Harvard University found a link between bone cancer or osteosarcoma and fluoridated water in males. There is NO PROOF that fluoride is safe, long term.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by greydawn
TheComete, all of your links are from government sites. Don't you think

they could be a little biased?

Ahhh, I was waiting for you. There is always one person who says you can't believe the government. And you know what, I agree with you. But, you also can't believe the sites that say it's a conspiracy theory. They can be a little biased too, believe it or not. It comes down to who is more credible. I think the government sites are more credible than, say, greaterthings.com, that was linked to earlier.

There is actually government sites and research for both sides of the argument. It comes down to who you want to believe. Since I have been drinking the same water for near 40 years, with no noticeable effects at all, let alone being "chemically lobotomized" (LOL), I tend to believe it is not harmful.

This was a good thread and I am going to leave it at that. To all, please continue with your beliefs, as will I. See you around the boards.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sodium fluoride is naturally occuring but its not the same as the the muck they put in the water which is Hexafluorosilicic acid which is a toxic biproduct of several industries, including ceramics. aluminium and the pesticides industry. It contains trace elements of the industries from which it originated. Even naturally occuring sodium fluoride is not safe as any study of the grotesque deformities and illness suffered by indians from water contaminated by fluoride will demonstrate. As for saying its safe well all i can suggest is that you check the Emperors new clothes you are wearing before you go out as people are likely to point. Asbestos was considered safe, lead was considered harmless, and even smoking was supposed to be good for us. Of course none of this was true and it took many years to get the message out into the public domain but eventually truth prevailed. As we say in our campaign group, If your not fighting the problem, maybe you are the problem. The light at the end of your tunnel vision is actually an approaching train.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

12 Reasons to Reject Fluoridation!

For over 100 years, science and medicine have understood the poisonous nature of fluoride. In the 1930’s and 40’s, giant US companies, e.g. ALCOA, were sued for millions of dollars due to toxic fluoride waste belching from factory smokestacks killing crops and livestock. ALCOA’s owners (Mellon) figured that if people could be persuaded fluoride isn’t poisonous but is good for teeth, profits could be protected. So, to introduce water fluoridation, they hired the brilliant ‘father of propaganda’ Edward L. Bernays. Joined later by other fluoride polluting industries (e.g. nuclear) and the multi-billion dollar sugar, toothpaste, confectionary and soft drink industries, they became strong financial supporters of dental associations that supported fluoridation. One such support group, the Dental Health Education & Research Foundation, was founded in Australia in 1962. DHERF’s Governors, Members and donors have included key representatives from Coca-Cola, CSR, Kelloggs, Colgate-Palmolive, Wrigleys, Arnotts, Scanlens, Cadbury Schweppes, etc.

TheComte can drink all the fluoridated water he/she/it wants - I will however continue to rigorously oppose the fluoridation of water supplies - because what we are drinking is completely different to the 'fluoride' that occurs naturally in ground water, and because it is an accumulative toxin in the human body.

Duncan

Mod Edit: to apply external quote code and SOURCE, please review this link
Mod Edit: Posting work written by others, please review this link

[edit on 16-6-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Cyanide occurs natrually in apples among other fruit. Let's throw cyanide in the water as well. Also if the consumer wants flouride in the water let them add it themselves.

My local water company charges me to put flouride in the water. I then have to pay to have it removed through reverse osmosis.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

I'm sorry I tried to hold off but this is so exasperating. Sir, the fluoride is already there. That's the point of this thread. It's already in water. I don't want to use all caps but I will if I have to. It's in the water.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Are you talking about your local water or everyones? Becasue where I live and surrounding counties flouride is added to the water.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Sometimes they add a bit to reach 1ppm. Sometimes they have to take away a bit to reach 1ppm. Most naturally occurring water has fluoride at levels between .5 mg/l to 4mg/l. (1ppm=1mg/l). So you see, more often excess fluoride has to be taken out of the water to reach safe level of 1mg/l or 1ppm.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Sometimes they add a bit to reach 1ppm.

Why add flouride at all?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by harvib

Sometimes they add a bit to reach 1ppm. Sometimes they have to take away a bit to reach 1ppm. Most naturally occurring water has fluoride at levels between .5 mg/l to 4mg/l. (1ppm=1mg/l). So you see, more often excess fluoride has to be taken out of the water to reach safe level of 1mg/l or 1ppm.
[edit on 16-6-2008 by TheComte]

I reject your assertion that the type of fluoride compounds found naturally occurring in the ground water are the same as those added to drinking water by councils and health authorities.

Consider the following:

In the March 2001 issue of the journal Neuro Toxicology, a team of researchers led by Dr. Roger Masters of Dartmouth College reported evidence that public drinking water fluoridated with fluorosilicic acid is linked to higher levels of lead in children.

After pointing out that since 1992 only about 10 percent of America’s fluoridated communities use sodium fluoride and 90 percent use fluorosilicic acid, the researchers stated that about 140 million Americans have this chemical placed in their water.

They also pointed out that sodium fluoride was tested on animals and approved for human consumption, but fluorosilicic acid had not been so tested and approved.

The research team studied the blood-lead levels in more than 400,000 children in three different samplings. In each case they found a significant link between fluorosilicic acid-treated water and elevated blood levels of lead.

---------------------

What they are putting into the drinking water supplies is NOT the same as the fluoride or fluorine compounds that occur naturally.

The main opponents of water fluoridation are themselves dentists, toxicologists, medical officers and chemists. I have a list of scores of internationally respected scientists who oppose water fluoridation for health reasons.

I urge anyone reading this thread to do their own research, and look at both sides of the debate. You will see for yourselves that it is a huge scientific fraud to claim adding such toxic chemicals to our drinking water is preventing tooth decay.

Duncan

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Because the evidence shows that the vast majority of people are unaffected in any way.

Its all about making the people docile and to lay down when your rights are trampled. Did you not read about the Nazi use of fluoride? The Soviets used it in the Gulag also.

If what the Government has been doing on top of letting us get raped at the gas pump 40 years ago we would have riots. Not anymore...we are the good flock.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I'm sorry I tried to hold off but this is so exasperating. Sir, the fluoride is already there. That's the point of this thread. It's already in water. I don't want to use all caps but I will if I have to. It's in the water.

The natural fluoride is not a bi-product of aluminum smelting. It is not the same stuff the Soviets and the Nazi used to make the people less likely to revolt.

Be a good sheep and drink the fluoride it makes the bootprint to the head hurt less.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by MrPenny

What part of having the right to choose my own supplements or medications is being an activist? You say fluoride is healthy, fine. Do you mind if I decide for myself? How would you like it if I spray your dinner with healthy supplements without your consent?

So who forces you to drink tap water?

Surely you still have a choice to drink the tap water or not.

Presumably you do not eat anything out of a can or a packet either due to the amount of additives.

In addition you never eat non organic fresh produce due to all the chemical residues from the fertilizers and insecticides.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Sodium fluoride is naturally occuring but its not the same as the the muck they put in the water which is Hexafluorosilicic acid which is a toxic biproduct of several industries, including ceramics. aluminium and the pesticides industry. It contains trace elements of the industries from which it originated. Even naturally occuring sodium fluoride is not safe as any study of the grotesque deformities and illness suffered by indians from water contaminated by fluoride will demonstrate. As for saying its safe well all i can suggest is that you check the Emperors new clothes you are wearing before you go out as people are likely to point. Asbestos was considered safe, lead was considered harmless, and even smoking was supposed to be good for us. Of course none of this was true and it took many years to get the message out into the public domain but eventually truth prevailed. As we say in our campaign group, If your not fighting the problem, maybe you are the problem. The light at the end of your tunnel vision is actually an approaching train.

Gotta hand it to the dude... he nailed it. Ignore that ? well, enjoy your medication

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I'm tired of hearing about the fluoride in water conspiracy theories. Fluoride occurs naturally in the ocean, earth's crust, and fresh water. Is God in on the conspiracy?

So is radiation. Should we all go find naturally occuring radioactive materials and put them in our drinking water?

So are intestinal parasites, and some countries actively live with them. Care to drink some dysentary?

Just because something is 'naturally occuring' doesn't make it good for us.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
As far as fluoride naturally occurring in water and being harmless, may I respectfully suggest that you google Dr. Russell Blaylock+fluoride? He's a neurosurgeon and knows quite a lot about toxicology. Sodium fluoride, by the way, is used for rat poison.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Fluoride may be benificial in preventing tooth decay when used in a paste form and applied to the teeth long enough for the fluoride to soak into the enamel of the teeth. But there can unquestionaly be no benifit from the breif contact incured while ingesting it by drinking a glass of water. Do you really believe the fluoride you swallow in water will affect only your teeth? Or that fluoride is somehow magicly transported thru your body to the enamel of your teeth even though the enamel of tooth is not connected to the bloodstream? I guess you would also be a good canidate for penis enlargement pill scams.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This is what happens when "fluoride" (actually fluorosilicic acid or FSA, a hazardous waste product), is spilled. The news article says it's "used in the process of adding fluoride to water," which is misleading. FSA is the actual substance added to your drinking water:

The Orlando Sentinel
September 7, 1994
Spill snarls traffic, lives
The acid closed the road into the night, forced 2,300 from homes and sent 50 to hospitals.

By Cory Lancaster
OF THE SENTINEL STAFF

DELTONA - Jeff Carine was driving to Daytona Beach to play golf Tuesday morning when his Toyota Camry hit a mushy, snowlike liquid covering Interstate 4.

Carine, a golfer from Windermere, assumed it was a minor chemical spill and kept driving.

Six hours later, he returned to the spot after hearing news throughout the day about one of the worst chemical spills in Volusia County's history.

A tanker truck cracked open on I-4 near Deltona shortly before 10 a.m. and released 4,500 gallons of fluorosilicic acid in one big whoosh

Early today, the highway remained closed in both directions, though officials were hopeful it would open by the morning rush hour. About 2,300 people remained in shelters, evacuated from their homes.

The spill sent more than 50 people to hospitals with complaints of skin and respiratory irritations, including some hours after the spill.

Most, including the driver of the truck, were treated and released. Two police officers were admitted overnight to Central Florida Regional Hospital in Sanford after complaining of headaches and burning in their throats.

Authorities were frustrated In attempts to neutralize the acid with lime and potash, which delayed I-4's reopening.

Fumes also were detected late Tuesday in the neighborhood of Deltona Woods, causing emergency workers to conduct a midnight door-to-door evacuation.

The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the spill. A spokesman from Pencco Inc., the Bellville, Texas-based chemical company that owns the tanker, would not comment on the accident late Tuesday.

The tanker truck started out from Fort Meade, south of Lakeland, about 8 a.m. Tuesday, FHP Patrol Lt. Art Brown said.

The truck driver, James Parish, 68, said he was eastbound, just west of the Howland Boulevard overpass, when the rear trailer wheels came out from under the truck. The back of the tanker slammed onto the road and spilled the chemical over an area 600 feet long and 60 feet wide,

Volusia County Assistant Fire Chief Ron Bateman said.

A stretch of two miles of 14 was closed between Deltona and Orange City. Vehicles were rerouted off the interstate onto Saxon Boulevard from the west and onto State Road 472 from the east

The detour meant at least an hour delay as bumper-to-bumper traffic inched along U.S. Highway 17-92 through Orange City. 

"I never saw such bad traffic in my life," said Betty Casselman, who was kept from her home in the Country Village Mobile Home Park in Orange City.

Police, firefighters and hazardous waste experts dumped bags of lime over the contaminated area to neutralize the acid and vacuumed the residue with special machines.

Fluorosilicic is a highly corrosive acid used in the process of adding fluoride to drinking water hazardous waste experts said.

If inhaled, it can cause respiratory difficulty, burning eyes and numbness around the Ups. Upon contact with skin, it creates a burning and tingling sensation. Symptoms can take up to 24 hours to appear, medical experts said.

The chemical evaporates quickly and is carried by the wind. Fearing a health hazard, police began evacuating homes within a mile area, including about 1,750 people in Orange City and 500 people In Deltona. Students and teachers at Deltona High School went home early...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The next day, this "hazardous substance" is referred to as a "significant health hazard as far as ground water." Private well owners in the area are advised to "test for traces of the chemical contaminant."

The Orlando Sentinel
September 9, 1994

Agency orders around-the-clock cleanup on I-4

By Mary Murphy

OF THE SENTINEL STAFF

DELAND - As investigators try to determine the cause of a chemical spill on Interstate 4, a federal agency Thursday ordered cleanup efforts to continue around the clock.

"They [Environmental Protection Agency officials] feel it's a significant health hazard as far as ground water," said George Gilhooley, district maintenance engineer for the Florida Department of Transportation.

"They feel it needs to be worked on continuously."

A tanker truck spilled about 4,500 gallons of fluorosilicic acid on 1-4 on Tuesday, prompting officials to evacuate residents and close a two-mile stretch of the highway between Deltona and Orange City.

Officials of Florida Spill Response, a Cocoa-based company, say they expect to have the spill cleaned up by Saturday. The eastbound outside lane closed at 7 P.M. Thursday and will remain closed indefinitely, state DOT spokesman Steve Homan said.

James Henderson, a hazardous materials expert with the National Transportation Safety Board, said Thursday night that several factors might have contributed to or caused the accident:

Criminal charges might be filed if the equipment on the truck was not properly maintained, Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Floyd Baker said Thursday.

James Parish, 68, of Bastrop, Texas, was driving the truck, owned by Peneco Inc. of Bellville, Texas. The license tag on the truck expired in March 1994, records state.

Michael Taylor, the on-scene coordinator for the EPA, said the agency wants the cleanup to continue nonstop until the contaminated soil has been removed.

Experts do not know whether the ground water has been contaminated. "At any site you go to, it's always a danger," Taylor said, "especially with bad weather." It rained most of Thursday.
The Public Health Department has advised owners of private wells in the area to have their water tested for traces of the chemical before drinking it.

Robert Pierce, vice president of Florida Spill Response, said he has a geologist testing the area to determine whether acid has seeped into the water table or the aquifer.

Car washes will remain open through this evening. Those. wanting cars decontaminated must make appointments by Calling: (904) 822-6422, 822-6423 or. 822-6424.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by GoldenFleece]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join