It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride is Natural in Water

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
Any thoughts on Dr. Hardy Limeback's research?

Or are you just past caring what anyone thinks?

Leave out the condescending remarks please.

It was interesting, especially this part:

And while it's true there's no absolute proof that fluoride, at established levels, isn't safe, there is also no proof, as Limeback points out, that it is.

I agree with this statement. Do you?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
One whole sentence, eh? Have another look, or are UT dentistry professors who consult for Health Canada and the CDA quacks?

After surveying the growing evidence, a high-profile advocate has second thoughts about the safety of fluoride

By Michael Downey, 
Special to The Toronto Star,
April 25, 1999

...Dr. Hardy Limeback is a leading Canadian fluoride authority who is often cited by health officials in their defense of fluoridated water. He is also a long-standing consultant to the Canadian Dental Association and a professor of dentistry at the University of Toronto.

But in an interview last week, he conceded that fluoride may be destroying our bones, our teeth and our overall health. Although he still believes fluoride in toothpaste is effective against tooth decay, he says it doesn't need to be added to our water and we may be taking unnecessary risks by doing so.

"There is no point swallowing fluoridated water. The only benefit comes with direct contact with the teeth."

Limeback is currently studying fluoride buildup in the body, and his results, like those of other studies, are worrisome.

[snip]

Contrary to popular belief, there is no proof that fluoride fights cavities. In the U.S., the government recently ordered toothpaste manufacturers to stop claiming it does until they could prove it. None bothered to try.

Studies have shown that children in B.C., where most water is not fluoridated, have better teeth than children here, where it is.

And while it's true there's no absolute proof that fluoride, at established levels, isn't safe, there is also no proof, as Limeback points out, that it is.

Absolute proof may be hard to come by, but the evidence is abundant and compelling.
A U.S. congressional subcommittee announced after hearings in 1977 that it could no longer assure the public that fluoride doesn't cause cancer; later tests, which it ordered, showed a link to bone and liver cancer.

The U.S. National Research Council reported that fluoride is dangerous to health and that "reductions in fluoride in drinking water would be easier to administer, monitor and evaluate" than reductions in foods, beverages and dental products.

A half dozen studies in the Journal of the American Medical Association show more hip fractures in fluoridated areas - up to 300 per cent more, according to one report.

Appearing on a recent Canadian television show, a former scientist with the Environmental Protection Agency called fluoridation "the biggest fraud of the century."

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Do you agree with that statement, or not? Because if you don't, then you admit you are ignoring part of what he says and will only believe that which strengthens your case. In which case, there's no point in debating with you.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
As I thought.

[looks for 'see ya' icon]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

So, I guess you do not agree with that statement. Whose mind is closed now? You just won't admit there isn't any proof it's harmful. Just won't allow yourself to do that, will you?

[...crickets chirping...]

[edit on 20-6-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Here are the rankings on states on death due to cancer and water flouridation, and the results are truly startling..Washington DC water fluoridation rates are at 100% and is # 1 on the list of water fluoridation. The rate of death due to cancer in D.C is at 207.1 deaths per 100,000 and #8 on death due to cancer on the state ranking list. Now Louisiana is at a 45% level of water fluoridation and is #1 on the list of death due to cancer at 217.2 per 100,000,this is probably due too other factors such as poor health due to fast food diets, and obesity. See this article on connection of fast food and cancer: news.bbc.co.uk Also Lousiana tops the list of obese people in the U.S. Here is article regarding it: healthyamericans.org... Obesity is known to cause cancer here is a link to an article by the American Cancer Society showing this: www.naturalnews.com... Now Kentucky is at #2 in the state ranking on water fluoridation at 99.6% and is also happens to be #2 in the state ranking of death due to cancer at 215.8 deaths per 100,000. West Virginia happens to be #3 in the rate of cancer deaths at 209.7 deaths per 100,000 its water fluoridation rate is at 91.5% of the population. and its state ranking on water fluoridation is#11. Now if we go to the other end of the spectrum we can go to Utah which is at only 2.2% water fluoridation and is last ranked in water fluoridation.Utah also happens to be last ranked in cancer rates at 139.1 deaths per 100,000. This makes Utah have the lowest occurrence of death due to cancer out of all states. Is it a strange coincidence that the states that happens to have the lowest percentage of water fluoridation in the nation also happens to have the lowest death rates due to cancer in the nation as well? The next one up is Hawaii which is 2nd to last in the state rank on water fluoridation at 8.6% of the population. On cancer death rates Hawaii also happens to be 2nd to last at 147.5 per 100,000 deaths due to cancer Is this really a coincidence? I have noticed that when a state hits an 80% water fluoridation rate to its population,death due to cancer rates seriously spike up... It’s ironic that when we look to either end of the spectrum on both cancer death state ranking and water fluoridation state ranking many of the same states on both sides show up in the very same spectrum, and some states even in the very same ranking positions. Now obviously there other factors, but according to the statistics it is clear that water fluoridation plays a major role in cancer..

Source CDC

statecancerprofiles.cancer.gov...

www.cdc.gov...

[edit on 20-6-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

darnet I can't get all the links working.. But everyone pretty much agrees that fast food causes obesity which then in turn causes cancer... And Louisiana is hight on the list of the most obese states in America... this in combination with a 50% rate of flouridation spells disaster.. and chances are thats reason why its #1 in rate of deaths due to cancer.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Those are some interesting correlations. However, Louisiana is ranked first in cancer deaths but only 42nd in fluoridation. Mississippi if 4th in cancer deaths and 41st in fluoridation. Arkansas if fifth in deaths, and 32nd in fluoridation.

And Minnesota is ranked third in fluoridation but way down at 41st in deaths. North Dakota is 5th in fluoridation and 48th in deaths. Plus, the trend in deaths is either falling or stable for the periods shown, typically 1990-2004.

Obviously, something else is also involved with causing the cancer. This in no way singles out fluoridation as the main culprit. I concede it may be involved in some states.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
There's nothing natural about the fluoride chemicals that are added to water supplies. Silicofluorides scraped from the smokestacks of the fertilizer industry are a hazardous waste the is trucked throughout the nooks and crannies of American delivering it's hazardous material to almost every little water company in almost every little town. It is dumped unpurified. It is not pharmaceutical grade. This fluoride chemical is allowed to contain trace amounts of lead, arsenic, mercury, and other toxins.

NSF International regulates water additives. See for yourself:
www.nsf.org...

Studies link silicofluorides with higher rates of children's blood lead levels. Other studie linke higher rates of tooth decay to higher rates of childrens blood lead levels. This is one of the reasons tooth decay crises are occuring in most, if not all, of our largest fluoridated cities

Fluoridation 101
www.orgsites.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If the purpose of adding fluoride to our water is for cavities, then why add it to our water? Teeth, the enamel part where cavities occur, are avascular.
www.enchantedlearning.com...

No blood gets to the enamel, which is where cavities occur, so why systemically flood our bodies with fluoride in order to reach an avascular portion of our bodies? Why make us ingest it so that it goes through out our gut, kidneys, vascular system, etc, etc, then to the teeth pulp, where it might possibly diffuse through the various portions of teeth anatomy, where it might maybe possibly reach the outside portions of our teeth?
Makes no sense.

Also, rates of tooth decay increase as we grow older.
www.curetoothdecay.com...

If fluoride helped in some way to decrease tooth decay, you would expect, especially in kids and young adults, to decrease.

Finally, there's not much of a difference in rates of cavities between those who do fluoridate and those who don't fluoridate.

img259.imageshack.us...

Considering the sick history of the US government, its involvement with the Nazis and how the Nazis used fluoridated water, where the added fluoride comes from and the fact that it's an industrial pollutant, anyone who cares for their health should, in the very least, be skeptical of the idea that drinking fluoride is beneficial. If you think fluoride is good prevention against cavities, just brush your teeth with it. There's no need to drink it.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

asbestos also occurs naturally too but it doesn't mean I want the government adding it to the water supply. There are very few locations that flouride naturallly exists, and one spot in Colorado and Canada doesn't mean that we should be consuming it. Many times people that live where flouride occurse suffer from health effects.

The fact is, that it isn't provided in fruits and veggies and meat so nature probably didn't intend for us to consume it.

Studies have recently found out that flouride leaches calcium and other components out of hip bones. The ability to fix teeth had to come from somewhere. So you can have a nice smile or an early hip fracture. I would rather not have my bones leached, thank you.

Thanks the heavens I am on well water.

And chloride! ugh!!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Does a water filter block out fluoride?

And what do you guys drink!? How and where from?

Sorry for being brief.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
You need to just be healthy, there is sooooo much junk in our water and air and gosh the medicines and heavy metals...

The only awnser is to take really good care of yourself and purge regularly.

I hit a Hot dry Sauna every 48hrs, only thing I know of for the heavy metals and flouride and exercise daily, stretch, don't let the crap build up.

Sauna relives pressure on liver and kidenys to excrete poisons and removes things those aotgans can't... physical activity keeps it in the blood afterwards to be excreted rather then settle elsewhere

Not much else can be done, lethargy is the real enemy and these things can be overcome by simply staying in healthy, studying holistic medicine, activating aspects of your body to remove these elements, keep a low consumption, avoid medication, work from home our outdoors, drink purified water whenever you can... work hard purchase proper filtration...

we are awash in chemicals, the only awnser is to live well, educate yourself and be as natural as you can

I work on the net and I find that... simply avoiding the rat race is a huge help, I can go to the gym when i want and exercise and sauna and I make the little extra for the right supplements and organic food, and working a bit more isn't bad for you... so long as you avoid rush hr trafic driving in the exhaust working under florescent unnatural light and having to eat crap commissary or fast food because you get a 30 min break...

Can't change the chemical output in the world, it's too late, but you can go ahead and work and live differently

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Just because something is "natural" doesn't mean it's good for you. Cyanide is naturally occuring in apple seeds, peach pits, etc. but I think we can all agree that cyanide is not good for us, nor would anyone want it in their drinking water.
There is an abundance of evidence from scientific studies showing that fluoride is NOT good for our bodies and is, in fact, toxic.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Yes, but you do not die from eating an apple seed or peach pits. I bet there would be no effect if you ate even 10 apple seeds. How many apple seeds do you have to eat before the cyanide will kill you?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Azurus

U2U's are disabled right now so I wanted to say "thanks" for the link to find out local fluoride levels. As of right now, my local water supply has no added fluoride.

RE: Original Topic -
Personally, I think that people who want to take fluoride for dental purposes should do so via supplement. If for no other reason than people can control the exact dosage (be it none or the max "safe" dosage) ingested instead of approximate dosage dependent upon how much water one consumes.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by mysterychicken]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Depends on the apple but there have been documented cases of as little as 5 apple seeds killing a man. No, one doesn't usually ingest peach pits unless you're a cancer victim taking "natural" laetrile. (Most medicines are poisons in larger amounts than the prescribed doses.)

Have you noticed the warning label on your toothpaste that says if you swallow it to call the poison control center? The recommended amount of toothpaste for brushing one's teeth is a PEA sized dollop but the advertisers always show a full line of toothpaste on the brush. A pea sized amount contains the same amount of fluoride that 4 ounces of tap water contains and yet tap water is supposedly safe to swallow whereas you're to call the poison control center if you swallow the same amount of fluoridated toothpaste.

Things that make ya go "hmmmm"

Also, up until a couple of years ago, rat poison had as its ONLY active ingredient...drum roll, please....sodium fluoride. Miniscule amount, too. Something like 0.001% sodium fluoride and 99.99% filler. Sounds toxic to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

OH MY FRICKIN GOD... You're still here trying to say that it's okay to have Fluoride artificially added to our Water??? - It has TOPICAL benefits... - Swallowing it does JACK for your teeth. - I can't believe this! LOL! I thought this misinformed person would've learned that if a harmful dose of Fluoride is hard to avoid since it is present naturally, WHY ADD MORE??? You clearly have not taken the time to watch 'the truth about Fluoride' on YouTube.

A little tidbit on life: You have one (1) to live... And you're wasting it trying to argue with facts... Seriously, with all due respect; get a life, man! - It is not only the Conspiracy buffs that know it was used in the Soviet & in the Nazi prison camps to DUMB the people down... - It's a fact. If you cannot find the proof, you must have a short patience with Google, or will not spend more than 5 minutes looking it up, because you are so sure it's not true...
People are not saying 'oh they must've given Fluoride to the Jews' because we think (know) it's Poison; we are saying that because it happened. PERIOD.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by whitewave

Yes, but you do not die from eating an apple seed or peach pits. I bet there would be no effect if you ate even 10 apple seeds. How many apple seeds do you have to eat before the cyanide will kill you?

See? Natural doesn't mean it's good, mate! - And I'm waiting next to you on the reply about the Apple seeds, LOL... It's interesting to know; say if I'm VERY hungry one day, & there are only apple seeds around, (for some strange reason) &... i'd just like to know how many would be too much... - Yes, I'm weird, but that comes with wanting to know weird things ;-)

I'm sure one would have to ingest many seeds.... And I guess that's why you dont hear about too many people dieing from apple seeds
- But apple seeds are apple seeds.... Big brother tricking the world into getting their drinks spiked (And shower water that is absorbed into the skin) with Fluoride or anything is a different story altogether... - And it'll be a never -ending story until people start seeing the big picture....
1)The healthcare industry is very profitable....
2)they want to kill us...
3)figure the rest out yourself, I have to sleep. :-p

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Time=Now

Open other eye and see that 2 posts above your last one I DID answer you about the apple seeds.

The topic was not apple seeds but fluoride in our drinking water. That topic has been done to death and the short answer is "NO, it's not good for you".

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join