It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix diary: Mission to Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Phoenix diary: Mission to Mars

news.bbc.co.uk

Nasa's Phoenix lander has provided the most magnified view ever of Martian soil.

Two scientific instruments, a microscope and a "bake-and-sniff" analyser, have begun inspecting soil samples delivered by the scoop on the spacecraft's robotic arm.

Dr Tom Pike, from Imperial College London, is one of the scientists working on the mission. He has been writing a diary for the BBC News website of his experiences.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
bake-and-sniff analyser, lol
i wonder if they'll release all they find, what am i saying?? of course they wont.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Just wanted to slip this one into your thread:

E.T. hunters join forces with Mars lander crew

The University of Arizona-led Phoenix Mars Mission includes an intriguing partner: a group dedicated to finding extraterrestrials.

The SETI Institute — SETI stands for the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence — is a partner in science experiments under way on the red planet.

Link to article:
www.azstarnet.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Would they be honest enough to give everybody the full truth???
Or will it be just enough to keep us intrigued?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
regardless who it was would you believe them?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I doubt it, i dont think we'll get the full truth of their findings.
I'd like to think that they would be honest, but they keep so much from us, and their answers to questions only leave more questions.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
just look at the "RAW" images. Are they RAW because they call them this way? And what about the resolution? 90% of the images are about 18kb small and useless. Nobody can be so naive and think they would ever release true "RAW" images to the public without screening them first. I don't think there is a hidden agenda needed to understand this.

And what about videos, yes a simple video of the robotic arm operation and the work area, wouldn’t this be fantastic to have a video from mars? I always said to others: "videos and true colour images are somewhat unimportant to do the since." But now I think it is absolute nonsense not to come up with something like real colour images and videos because it would be good publicity for the mission.
regards from germany

image source: phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu...

[edit on 16-6-2008 by shr4n]

top topics

join