It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

humans can eat both meat and veggies.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Lets face it we are omnivores. I dont understand why people try to convert others to the other side? Humans werent meant to eat meat! Humans werent meant to eat vegetables! Serious?!
lets look at it from a scientific view.

Carnivores only eat meat, so what if there is a huge death of almost every meat source in our cavemans territory?

Herbivores, eat only veggies bt what happens if their is a drought and our cave man cant find any edible plant?

Omnivores are survivers of anything that nature throws on the table, youre in a drought we eat meat there is no meat we eat veggies.
We have evolved to digest both so we have the best chance of survival.

End of story.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
Lets face it we are omnivores. I dont understand why people try to convert others to the other side? Humans werent meant to eat meat! Humans werent meant to eat vegetables! Serious?!

Why are you trying to convert people to a "side?"

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
My thread was merely created to prove a point. I am sick of how mindless people are on ATS. That's all. We are indeed omnivores. Sorry you didn't get the joke. I just found the we shouldn't eat meat thread rediculous and parodied it. It wasn't meant to be serious.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Well, I am just waiting for the "humans can't eat meat OR veggies" thread. Should just be a few hours.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Now you made me laugh. I'm serious as soon as I read what you said, I laughed. Cause I been reading all these and I can truly understand what you are saying. Thanks for the joke.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Ahaha! Bully!

Im not, I am simply showing that humans are indeed omnivores. Its true, but im not saying dont eat meat and im not saying dont eat your veggies im saying eat what ever it is you want, because we were designed to eat it. Dont say I wasnt made to eat meat or I wasnt made to eat fruits or veggies. Thats incorrect I was made to be able to eat both, however what I choose to eat either meat or veggies is up to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

To be honest all I read was the title, sorry friend.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

lolzz mate. I cant wait what they find on that topic . Maybe they will tell u to channel ur food true the higher dimmensions into ur belly. ROFL

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Humans weren't designed to eat vegetables???? Come on, really though...who would take that seriously?

Am I the only one that thinks it's absolutely absurd that there is a 17 page discussion disputing the fact that "Human's Weren't Designed To Eat Meat?" The sheer velocity of ignorance in that statement alone blows me away. And there are 17 pages of it!!! Good God....

[edit on 6/16/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
An oversimplification.

Yes, we can eat meat and vegetables. However we can also throw off our clothes and live in caves with sticks and no written language if we really like...

Just because we can, doesn't mean it's the best course of action.

We're a species that makes our own rules, so to speak. We can look beyond 'nature' or primitive thoughts of what is 'meant to be' to decide ethically, environmentally and physically what is the most beneficial source of food.

My posts in the other thread cover this though, so if anyone wants to read it check pages 16 and 17, because I don't want to double post here.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Ahaha! true story. I had also seen that other thread and asked myself "what is going on with the world?" so I thought I would join in. Its a very ignorant statement to make because its very obviously an ignorant statement to make. I have to go read your thread now to see what you said.

Duality-
But we often dont decide the course of action our food source takes, nature does what she likes to and we are victim to it and thats why we have evolved to digest both veggies and meat and get the most nutrients from both. So its best as a species to keep eating both, if thats what nature intended for us to be able to do. Again we are designed as Omnivores not herbivores or carnivores but omnivores. Bears (also omnivores) eat both veggies and meat why is it that we have to pick a side? I mean I love peppers of any kind they are SO good but I also like sashimi, ribs, chicken.
I read your post on the other page and I agree.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by caballero]

[edit on 16-6-2008 by caballero]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What are these topics doing in a survival thread?

If you are in a survival situation and you are hungry or need energy EAT WHAT YOU CAN!

Go discuss this stuff on the Lefty Commie Pinko board, not in the survival section of ATS.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

LOL.. Starred.. I must admit to being a little curious regarding that matter myself..

Adding a little further information to this thread..

Plants for a future is back online ..

www.pfaf.org...

This is an invaluable resource..which I thought was going to be lost forever..
I bought the book and now downloaded the database in case it disappears again..

Now I suppose to balance that..
I need to find a site called "Animals for a future"

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The 'call of the wild'. Will never forget hybrid wolf surviving on tree bark. If you are hungry enough you would be surprised what you would consider edible.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Humans can eat almost everything, that is not doubt about it.

But in todays society we have a big problem, Americans do not have time to cook at home and to make sure the food is balance to the needs of the person.

People are too dependent on fast food as the main source of their diet.

Do to this problem peple has lost any ability to made food work for them as per individual needs.

As everything one size do not fit all as one type of dietary means is not fit for everybody.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
What are these topics doing in a survival thread?

If you are in a survival situation and you are hungry or need energy EAT WHAT YOU CAN!

Go discuss this stuff on the Lefty Commie Pinko board, not in the survival section of ATS.

Thank you cavscout, i was just about to reply the same thing as i was reading through but seen you said it for me.

The whole humans can only eat veg, only eat meat thing does not in anyway belong on the survival thread. Skunkworks or BTS maybe, especially since its been admitted the only eat meat has been openly stated by the OP it is a Parody.

Mods please put these threads in their rightful spot and not degrade the survival forum with these weak threads as soo many other parts of the board have fallen ill to.

Thanx

Silver

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by S1LV3R4D0

Whoa friend someone is upset.

Yes this thread is a parady, but im pretty sure my content involves SURVIVAL.

Why yes it does I mentioned that we are omnivores as an evolutionary tool for the best chance of survival over polarized eaters.

Besides the survival thread doesnt get too much attention why would it be degrading to bring a few new eyes to this forum?

But I also do value your opinion and thank you for your contribution.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Really I can eat both Meat and Vegitables? What a novel idea.

Have you tried this yourself, or are you selling a bill of goods and waiting to find out if there are any ill effects before you try?

And will the power of the meat help to overcome the negative effects of the vegitables upon my constitution?

Is there supposed to be some health benefit from this "Hybrid" diet? Or is it merely a way to broaden the available food supply in an emergency?

I must say I find your suggestion amusing, but as has been said in a crisis you must eat what you can.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The reason many go vegetarian is because they believe that eating meat is 'unhealthy' as some types contain a lot of fat and salt. Too much of these will cause us to become overweight. However in a survival situation, this would not be the case because of the great amount of work and exercise you have to put in to actually catch your meal. In modern day society this is not the case and this is why we gain weight.
As for the vegetables, these are perfectly fine aswell, you just need to eat more of them to have the appropriate amounts of nutrition.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

I was trying to be humorous.

But to add to your perspective, under survival conditions, eating nothing but game is suicidal in as little as two weeks.

Wild game does not have the fat content of domestic meats.
Within two weeks you would have guts full of dessicated meats as hard as rock. Becauses of the lack of fiber or fat, you would not be able to poop, or eat anything further. There is a long history of people who have made this mistake trying to pull the hardened turds from each others bodies in a failing effort to survive.

You must know which weeds to eat to get those vital greens, while not making the mistake of ingesting jimson weed or other harmful plants.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join