It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A CLINICAL ANALYSIS OF ANTI-GOVERNMENT PHOBIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I came across this a while back, and surprisingly enough, didn't find any threads about it here. This is a fairly old topic, but I thought it might be worth bringing up.

This study conclusively demonstrates that unfounded fear of government is a recognizable mental illness, closely related to paranoid schizophrenia. Anti-Government Phobia (AGP) differs from most mental illnesses, however, in that it is highly infectious and has an acute onset. Symptoms include extreme suspiciousness, conspiracy-mongering, delusional thought patterns, staunch "us against them" mentality, withdrawal from reality, and often religious fanaticism. Having the patient committed to a qualified mental health institution is the best option for family and loved ones. For this reason, all psychiatrists and family physicians should be provided with educational materials which will help them recognize the various symptoms and warning signs accompanying onset. Since comparatively little is known about Anti-Government Phobia at the present time, a government-funded health commission should be set up to oversee, and help focus, future research.

continued...

Full Text found here.

This article goes on to claim that not only is "anti-government phobia" the worlds first, and only contagious mental illness, but that it is caused by exposure to too much truth! It outlines a plan for quarantining those "infected" with AGP, and "Reprogramming" them.

It is an interesting read to say the least.

I also found it interesting to note who contributed to this article...

The writer wishes to thank the following individuals and organizations for contributing their expertise to this report: Morris Dees of the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), Rick Ross of the Cult Awareness Network (CAN), the United States Justice Department (USJD), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BATF). This study was funded by a grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).

What are the thoughts of some of our resident psychiatry experts?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This article appears to be a joke or a piece of satire. I couldn't find the article as cited in the actual journal, (I work at a library that carries the journal in paper and electronically) and when I started doing net searches for it, the hoaxing manifestations become pretty apparent.

new topics

join