It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Recalls Bill That Would Have Facilitated NAFTA Superhighway

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Great News OK continue the good fight I hope other states wake up. Eminent Domain is one of the worst laws on the books and is really as unconstitutional as it gets. Keep up the good fight star and flag for you sir.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Oklahoma Senator Randy Brogdon came to speak at the Trans-Texas Corridor protest rally in Austin, TX on April 5, 2008. He made it abundantly clear that Oklahoma is opposed to the superhighway and they're going to do their best to prevent it from rearing its ugly head in their state. For those interested here's a link to his speech. He comes on about 2:20 minutes into the video.

TTC Protest Rally - Senator Randy Brogdon

Thumbs up to Oklahoma!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
That map is disturbing indeed. The highway labeled "ROTCC" goes right through my backyard. The graphic brings to mind invasive cancer, spreading from Mexico northward. Also- though ostensibly for free trade, wouldn't these highways also enable easier illegal immigration?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There is already a NAFTA highway from Mexico to Canada. It's called U.S. 281:

US Highway 281

I thought this might be of interest to those unaware of it. It's certainly not a superhighway, but why wouldn't they just widen and/or modernize an already existing route that goes all the way, south to north?

[edit on 6/17/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger
281 is not exactly a NAFTA highway, although it is a straight shot.

The NAFTA Corridor includes several key aspects that no Interstate, US route, State route, or local road has. It has extremely easy access across the border, using the new pass-thru systems (FAST, etc.), it is controlled-access like an Interstate, with Customs branch stations at the exits (to make sure the truckers pay their taxes), and has actual full-service Customs offices on sovereign soil along the route, and tolls.

A sovereign Mexican Customs station in Kansas City... What happened to the good old days when roads were made of asphalt?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I just put up Hwy 281 because it's so poorly known. Much recent U.F.O. activity seems to follow Hwy 281 for some reason.

Oklahoma really is doing a good job fighting illegal immigration and federal interference with our state. We aren't exactly radicals either.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So that could be the Colorado "toll road" the state is planning. There are ranchers out there and those ranches will be "taken", compensation market value. Guess who determines that "market value".
We already have a trans-America highway thru' the mountains, "US" 550. No need to mention the crime that goes on along that highway. Nearly everyone in the state is protesting but the PR goes on.
I think OK was "duped" so no one would think it could be in Colorado. There is much resistance to illegal aliens so "trans-America" highway was never mentioned.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If they want to build somthing like this, they should make it clear at the beginning... that every cent it makes for the US, goes right in the taxpayers pockets. They probably wouldnt have a problem.
I'm willing to bet though if they got the ok to start this thing and its already half built in Tx. theirs probably already not much you can do to stop it. People will quiet down and it will get brushed under the rug, and nobody well ever see the money it generates.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Thanks for the maps. Very informative. So, railways and airways etc. are going to factor into this also and not just a superhighway? Forgive my ignorance but, as I said before, I've heard very few details on this. Other than the few snippets I've heard on the news.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
With such opposition to this Superhighway, it makes me wonder how the people that want this to happen are going to pull it off. It seems that lot of private land is along this route, and huge acres of farmland, etc.

With the food surplus (or lack of) situation right now, it will be hard to convince all of those folks that this highway is more important than the land that produces the food. Is anyone aware of the tactics that they are employing now to convince people about the highway?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I was told by a young businessman in Matamoras Mexico that the new I 69 corridor which is described in Wikipedia, is the NAFTA Corridor. This route is west of the Oklahoma border and has been under construction through east Texas for about 10 years. There hasn't been any kind of building construction on I 35. I think that repealing a bill that stops the construction of a rumored non existing high way and gets a lot of good press doesn't deserve a lot of attention. If you want to know what is really going on in the U.S., ask a Mexican that does business here.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Have you got anything more substantial than something you heard from one guy in Mexico? I'm interested in what you have to say, but you are asking me to discard hundreds of pages of published information in favor of hearsay from a single unknown source.

Sorry, but I just can't do that.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
To the OP,nice thread,man and Im glad OK is standing up to these neo-facist bastards who are trying to eat away at our nation this is the way to fight them.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Can somone provide a news link??? I ask for two reasons. I see the PDFlink in the OK declares soverignty thread but not this one.

Also I live in OKC (oklahoma city for all you non okies!) and have not heard any of this locally. And I listen to quite a few talk news show and the like and haven't heard this.

I do remember about 15 years ago (in fact if I remember right before the OKC bombing) the OK legistlature past a bill stating oklahoma will never be part of any "world government".

Haven't been here in quite a while, interesting that I drop by and see this. I'll try to check it out around here.

Oh wait, I see the original one.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Sr Wing Commander]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

I can not tell you much more than that. I can tell you that the young man was educated in the states, his family is into import export, hotel and tourist trade and comes into contact with important international people that stand to prosper from the I-69 Corridor. If you were to investigate you will find that the section from Canada through Indiana is moving along and feeder roads are underway as well. I have not been on the thing in the Arkansas ,Texas border region in 5 years ,but there were a lot of rerouting from south of I-20 to the north of I-40 . I-35 will be relieved of a great deal of traffic as well as I-45. I think that a lot of misinformation is going around for whatever reason. But I am 100miles between the two discussed routes and I-35 has no major construction through Texas and I- 69 Corridor is eating up a lot of land .

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join