It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops 'told me to drink from toilet'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Cops 'told me to drink from toilet'

www.news.com.au

A RAPIST who imprisoned a teenage sex slave in a mine shaft is suing police for mistreatment, the Herald Sun reports.

Anthony James Pitt was jailed for 17 years in December 1999 for luring a Ballarat schoolgirl, 16, into an underground dungeon and repeatedly raping her over 19 hours in November 1998.

He claimed that when he asked for water, he was provided with a cup and told to drink out of the toilet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I'm not sure where I stand in this. Some bloke who preyed on a girl wants to be treated like a human, when he deprived her of her humanity?

He's lucky that her family were not able to find him first, otherwise the police would have been taking him away in a body-bag.

What do you think? Where is the line drawn?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I don't see a line being crossed here.

I wouldn't rush to quench the thirst of a child molester. He'd have to sit his thirsty butt on the floor and wait till he saw a fountain.

In the States child molesters WISH the only abuse they had to go through was being thirsty and not having a drink while in prison.

He should understand the irony in his pleas for humane treatment but I am sure it is lost on someone so warped.

"No drink for you."

- Lee

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I think he was lucky to have the toilet. Boo hoo for him.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
When you become like the monster you judge, you are no longer fit to declare yourself to be above the very monster you despise.

You HAVE to give him fresh water. These police are not torturers, and if they are torturers, they are no better than the torturer they have imprisoned, and so either should join him or let him go.

This is the stance of 21st century Western civilization.

I personally would have just beaten him to death with my bare fists when I discovered he'd been torturing some poor girl. No courts, no jail, just justice.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
He wasnt being tortured! He was in lockup if the POLICE gave him the cup. Most likely he was there less than 12 hours before being transported to a different facility or making bail. 12 hours isnt that long to go without water. He should have just cut his losses and went to sleep. Its not like they forced his head into the toilet and yelled "DRINK UP RAPIST".

EYE FOR AN EYE. Did the big bad police man hurt the rapists' feelings???

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JesterMan

i just hope that you would still have the same attitude if by some freak happening you were falsely imprisoned for a crime and were treated the same way jesterman. and dont say it can never happen to you either because it happened to me once and i couldn't imagine that happening to me until it happened .
the simple solution to this would be to let him out into general population and let his peer's take care of the problem .

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The water that comes out of the toilet is the same water that comes out of a sink.

Seeing as I work in a jail, I know that all inmates get their water from the toilets in their cells. It is federal law that the cells have these combination toilet\sinks in them. It is a combination toilet\sink, but only in the loosest sense of the word "combination". The 2 are pretty much 1 the way they share all their plumbing. Some inmates simply feel the sink is only for washing up and drinking from it is dirty and beneath them and get really upset.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Tiloke]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
anyone read the whole thing?

It was the second time Pitt had been convicted for abducting a teenager. He was jailed in 1990 for locking another teenage girl in the boot of his car.

Wasn't even a first offense....

"no water for you, one year!"

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
so are you saying he was falsely imprisoned? Looks to me like he was a repeat offender.

I agree no water for a year!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
least they were nice enough to give this sick bastard a cup. Would it have been me, I probably would have shoved his head into the toilet and let him drink all he wanted till his body didnt twitch anymore.

Sorry. This kind of thing pisses me off so bad, when people are alowed to live after they commit these sick and depraved acts on others. Then they expect to be treated like a human?
no give this puke a taste of his own medicine is what I say.

Anyone else think they should build Oubliettes in our prisons for such sick individuals?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JesterMan

but he is still human, and i use the word "human" in the loosest sense possible, we need water to live, if you want him to serve his sentence, give him water, and also, too you who called him a child rapist, your wrong, he was 17, she was 16, no child rape there.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This wasn't all that uncommon about 50 years ago. Many prisons only had a toilet. You were in charge of keeping it clean, because that was your only water source. You had a bed with a 2" thick pad, a toilet, a cup, a toothbrush, and a scrubbing brush.

Honestly, I don't think they crossed the line at all. They gave him a cup, which is more than I would've gave the sick f***!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

do you want him to suffer for a short while, or a long while, let him have his water, he will suffer the rape he loves so much when he meets Bubba.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Edited out my offensive comment before a Mod could do it for me.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Tiloke]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiloke

good job, i had on offensive coment in my life, got three warns for it

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
well i don't personally beleive in depriving anyone, and i mean anyone of the bare nessecities meaning if he asks for water, give him some water, the toilet could be infected and that brings them down to his level. prove your better by not stooping to their level.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
never called him a child rapist. Called him a rapist. Dont care how old he was, rape is rape is rape is rape.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Once again, the character happens to be playing the bad guy. When ANYONE asks for water, please provide something for that person. There is no bad or good when a small act of kindness, such as giving the man some water, is warranted for a lost soul. Meh!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I hate to disagree with you but this time I have to. This scum bag doesnt need to be treated as human. This kind of crime is the worst in my opinion. The person he victimised has to live with this act for the rest of her life. So I feel that this sick individual should not be treated like a human. He sought to not treat his victem like a person but an object so he should be treated as such. Using the logic of do unto others as you would have them do unto you this sick man seems to wish this kind of brutality to be forced upon him. Do you think he offered his victem any water?

top topics

join