It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael J. Fox.. is this a secret sign?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

i am just curious about this photo i came across while searching for MJF pics for a friend who adores him
. not sure what the photo was taken for as there was no info on it other than it is who it looks like it is. lol

first thing i noticed was his hand over his chest. wondering why (is his left hand which further peaks my curiousity). then upon speculation of that, i noticed the split in his fingers. that is a concerted action taken. try it.... it doesn't feel natural. and for me it is harder to do w/ my left hand (although, he may be left handed.. but still, it is not a natural falling of the fingers).

so? is this a secret sign that anyone recognizes?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Very interesting. I have seen that pose before. Not by Fox but by others. Dosn't seem natrual, therefore one would think it would have some significance. Maybe someone with more knowledge will come along...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Michael J. Fox has a debilitating disease that causes him to shake uncontrollably
Source

In his early years dealing with the disease he probably put his hand against his chest to stop it from shaking.

I don't think you will find any conspiracy here.

[Edit to move source]

[edit on 16/6/08 by Rhain]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Yes, that is a secret hand sign in that photo. One first given by a person known as "Spock". It is often seen in conjunction with the following phrase: "Live long and prosper."

(I'm not really making fun of you, as that is a serious question, but when I seen the photo, that's the first thing that popped into my mind. I guess I watch too much Star Trek.)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain

In his early years dealing with the disease he probably put his hand against his chest to stop it from shaking.
Source

I agree that it is not a conspiracy, but you cited that site as a source to back up your argument that he put, quote: "[his] hand against his chest to stop it from shaking." In fact, nothing of the kind is to be found anywhere on the site. The word "chest" is only mentioned a total of 9 times throughout the entire Google index of the site; and in those 9 instances, the context of the word has nothing to do with putting "his hand against his chest to stop it from shaking."

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Next time you see someone in a suit, whatch how many times they put their hand to their chest like they are smoothing it. I've seen in real life and on tv.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men

Source

I agree that it is not a conspiracy, but you cited that site as a source to back up your argument that he put, quote: "[his] hand against his chest to stop it from shaking." In fact, nothing of the kind is to be found anywhere on the site. The word "chest" is only mentioned a total of 9 times throughout the entire Google index of the site; and in those 9 instances, the context of the word has nothing to do with putting "his hand against his chest to stop it from shaking."

I noted the source as to his disease not his hand on his chest. I also stated he "probably" put it there due to shaking, thus it was my opinion.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I noted the source as to his disease not his hand on his chest.

That was not made clear initially at all. Perhaps the "Source" link should have been put a sentence above where it was placed.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men

You're right, and I apologize for the confusion.

I grew up watching Michael and like his acting. I guess I got a little defensive reading how someone would interpret his disease to a secret sign. He has battled so hard to not let the disease control him.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I grew up watching Michael and like his acting.

Same here. That would make us roughly the same age. Let's see, there was Family Ties, the Cosby Show, Cheers and Night Court all in Prime Time.

TV was good in the '80s.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Next time you see someone in a suit, whatch how many times they put their hand to their chest like they are smoothing it. I've seen in real life and on tv.

That's exactly what the picture has captured. Dudes in ties do that all the time.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It looks as if the photographer just caught him smoothing his tie/jacket area, but it could also be a deliberate pose. Something to do with this quote, possibly:

Michael describes his being back in front of the cameras on "Boston Legal" like being a right-handed painter forced to paint left-handed.

Michael J. Fox's Interview With Dateline

Or the photographer could've just asked him to pose like that...who knows?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Fire_In_The_Minds_of_Men

You're right, and I apologize for the confusion.

I grew up watching Michael and like his acting. I guess I got a little defensive reading how someone would interpret his disease to a secret sign. He has battled so hard to not let the disease control him.

well that is just silly to get defensive over. lol

i never interpreted AS a secret sign, i was just asking IF it was a secret sign anyone had seen before.........

also, i took into consideration his disease, but this is so obviously (to me anyway) a posed pic, so if he were trying to keep his hands from shaking on the camera, best thing to do is to lay them in your lap (when looking for the origins of this pic, most other posed pics of his as of late, neither hand was held on his chest, so that seems a silly way to control your shaking for a posed pic).

anyway, i was right and it is a posed pic done for Town & Country magazine. i tried to find it on the mag's website, but got frustrated w/ the set up.

so, needless to say, this is a posed pic and not him "caught in the action" of straightening out his tie.

still, doesn't mean it WAS a hand sign. i am just curious if anyone has seen a handsign that RESEMBLES the gesture in the pic.

~ thanks

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I dunno here. see, when photographers take your pick, it usualy is right sided. this picture maybe right sided but was flipped to look left sided. He has a ring on his finger so maybe it is correct and maybe it is not.

His face does not have that boyish smile as seen in other photos. So I would say he is in some concern from the look on his face.

The finger splitting over his heart maybe just a quirk of his feelings for the moment.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think you've found the missing link! Michael J Fox is really a Vulcan!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
well then yay me!! *pats self on the back for finding the missing link*

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
More importantly, if this is a secret sign, what organization does it belong to? Other than Mr. Spock, or Mork from Ork? Mr. fox has done an amazing job of dealing with this terrible diease. He is truly and inspiration to the world.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
More importantly, if this is a secret sign, what organization does it belong to? Other than Mr. Spock, or Mork from Ork? Mr. fox has done an amazing job of dealing with this terrible diease. He is truly and inspiration to the world.

i don't disagree w/ your last statement in the least. i am part of the generation that grew up watching him as well and have a fondness for the guy (although "drooling" over any actor seems a bit extreme to me lol).

it could very well have just been a fluke. when you find out the world isn't so hunky dorey, sometimes you see things where things weren't meant to be seen, however, i am still looking (at least for amusement's sake if nothihng else lol).

i did find this web page and it does talk about the hand over the chest in a fashion that would seem like one is "pledging their allegence" when the situation does not call for it and the author of the page does conclude it as a masonic gesture. whether that is what mjf is doing, i don't know. i would love to see the article this pic was with.

well, here is the link. the "12 hand gestures" are listed at the very bottom. also, interesting to some here maybe, alex jones is listed as one giving such hand gestures as well. last person right before the 12 hand gestures.

theuniversalseduction.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

anyway, i was right and it is a posed pic done for Town & Country magazine. i tried to find it on the mag's website, but got frustrated w/ the set up.

so, needless to say, this is a posed pic and not him "caught in the action" of straightening out his tie.

Tell you what (I'm being serious here). Since you're so concerned about this, why don't you go ahead and buy a copy of the magazine issue, look at who the photographer of the pic was, contact said person, and ask them straight out: what was the intention of this photo? Was it posed on purpose? If so, at who's behest was the "sign" included in the pose?

It should be pretty straightforward; and it would represent a hell of a lot more legitimate research with that one inquiry alone, than anything Texe Marrs has managed to hobble together thus far.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I would be interested in knowing what ATS members consider a NORMAL hand posture lol..

Other then that, the absurdity of saying that THAT is a secret sign does not deserve further deliberation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join