It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts Law School To Organize Bush War Crimes Trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Massachusetts Law School To Organize Bush War Crimes Trial

www.opednews.com

A conference to plan the prosecution of President Bush and other high administration officials for war crimes will be held September 13-14 at the Massachusetts School of Law at Andover .

"This is not intended to be a mere discussion of violations of law that have occurred," said convener Lawrence Velvel, dean and cofounder of the school. "It is, rather, intended to be a planning conference at which plans will be laid and necessary organizational structures set up, to pursue the guilty as long as necessary and, if need be, to the ends of the Earth."

"We must try to hold Bush administration leaders accountable in courts of justice," Velvel said. "And we must insist on appropriate punishments, including, if guilt is found, the hangings visited upon top German and Japanese war-criminals in the 1940s."

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-6-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Heh-Who want to start taking bets that this Velvel guy either ends up getting all funds yanked from this school, or suddenly passes on from a "heart attack" or "suicide"...

He needs to team up with Bugliosi.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this IMO...Something to keep an eye on.

"For Bush, Richard Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, and John Yoo to spend years in jail or go to the gallows for their crimes would be a powerful lesson to future American leaders," Velvel said.

The conference will take up such issues as the nature of domestic and international crimes committed; which high-level Bush officials, including Federal judges and Members of Congress, are chargeable with war crimes; which foreign and domestic tribunals can be used to prosecute them; and the setting up of an umbrella coordinating committee with representatives of legal groups concerned about the war crimes such as the Center for Constitutional Rights, ACLU, National Lawyers Guild, among others.

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-6-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yeah, you have to wonder how this is going to go. I mean, our own government won't even listen to the articles of impeachment right now, so who are they going to get to listen to these war crimes charges? Anyone who could actually enforce this is so deep in BushCo's pockets that I have a very hard time believing that anything will ever happen.

In a day and age when discussing the constitution can get you labeled a terrorist, this would seem to be a fairly risky undertaking. I can't imagine that the administration is going to look kindly on a group of people trying to get them hanged.

I would not be sleeping too soundly if I was involved in these conferences.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
you know what gets me ? the bush admin has commited war crimes for atleast 5 years now and people are just starting to get up in arms over it ? its been half a freakin decade! and now that hes leaving office and most likely moving to paraguay people start coming out the wood work. i mean its a good thing it realy is that people are taking action but what the hell was the hold up? were they figuiring their chance of survival was higher after he became a lame duck so they made their moves? or were they just coming to the realization that hey the man and his cronies have commited massive amounts of crimes ?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

I understand where you are coming from. I think a lot of it has to do with the way they went about it. The "You are either with us or with the terrorists" sentiment was pretty heavy for most of the time this has been going on. That trick is just now starting to fade and people are able to freely express their disgust without being labeled a terrorist.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
In Bugliosi's interview on Democracy Now, He is willing to participate in any capacity, even as a Special Prosecutor, if any Attorney with Jurisdiction as laid out in his book..(haven't read it but this is paraphrasing what he said from his mouth). The next step is waiting to see who has the cajones to step up to the plate.

www.democracynow.org...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I think the prosecution of Bush is a bipartisan effort by democratic leaders to punish people they do not like. Bush is a terrible preident and so was Clinton. Even if they wanted to do good I suspect they would have been thwarted. Hanging Bush will not restore our reputation either here or abroad. The best thing to do would be for all the states to declare soveirngnty and all the States to run in many different directions as possible. The hanging of Bush would begin the murder of many innocent people by kangaroo courts.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Umm no it sends a message to our future leaders if you are going to lie, steal, cheat, rob, and kill our people and people of other countries then you are going down plain and simple as that. It grosses me out they wont even investigate thats what pisses me off. They bring the charges at least investigate them and they wont even do that. They are compliant and all need to go to jail.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

When will someone be brought to justice for WACO. Never, because whoever is driving our country into the ground does not like our two party system. The federal government is corrupt beyond all redemption. The best hope would be to shift power away from the federal government back to the States. The United States has successfully recreated the tower of Babel. It needs to be dismantled or else it will be dismantled in a terrible way by an outside force.

Back in the day when the south had a one party system ruled by democrats terrible corruption reigned. So much so, all the Bush family had to do was show up in Texas and be nice inorder to become politically powerful. What brought about the evil one party system was the self righteous desire of republicans to punish southern political leaders. The democrats are hell bent on punishing Bush and if they allow their hang em high attitude, to reign at a time when they know outside pressure prevents our presidents from effectively leading this country, things will get much worse in this country.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by mybigunit

When will someone be brought to justice for WACO. Never, because whoever is driving our country into the ground does not like our two party system. The federal government is corrupt beyond all redemption. The best hope would be to shift power away from the federal government back to the States. The United States has successfully recreated the tower of Babel. It needs to be dismantled or else it will be dismantled in a terrible way by an outside force.

Back in the day when the south had a one party system ruled by democrats terrible corruption reigned. So much so, all the Bush family had to do was show up in Texas and be nice inorder to become politically powerful. What brought about the evil one party system was the self righteous desire of republicans to punish southern political leaders. The democrats are hell bent on punishing Bush and if they allow their hang em high attitude, to reign at a time when they know outside pressure prevents our presidents from effectively leading this country, things will get much worse in this country.

Oh I totally agree you wont hear any arguments from me. Ive said many times have have a 2 party mafia dictatorship in our government. I m just saying if something was to actually get done it would send a message. I know it will never happen though.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Another article of this appears in todays raw story line up...These guys should add Nancy Pelosi into the mix now as aiding and abetting in these crimes...

Bush's 'War Crimes Conference' To Convene in Massachusetts

The dean specifically criticizes Justice Department officials who wrote legal opinions designed to provide political cover for administration figures to carry out torture. However, Velvel's sharpest words were saved for President Bush, according to a passage from ABA Journal.

Full Article:

rawstory.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You can't prosecute somebody because you disagree with them.

hanging him..would be murder. I think that is punishable by law in this country.

How stalinist can you get? I disagree with you...so now I will hang you!!!! LOL.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

He will most likely have an unfortunate "car accident".

I wish him luck though, and maybe it will at least bring some more attention to this matter.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The idea that Vincent Bugliosi would be involved in this thing is a red flag to me, but of course the Bushwhackers will infiltrate the conference anyway on both sides of the question.

I first read about this in the Toronto Star, a very mainstream daily here in the smugness capital of Canada. The Star has one columnist, Linda McQuaig, who appears once every two weeks, buried in an interior section of the paper. She administers Torontonians their homeopathic tincture of truth in just the right tiny dosage.

Her column (Toronto Star, Tuesday, July 1, 2008) starts off:

"Does the president of the United States have the right to order a detainee buried alive?"

Oddly, this grotesque question was posed at a U.S. Congressional hearing last week. Even odder was the answer - From John Yoo, former deputy assistant attorney general in the Bush administration, now a law professor at the University of California.

"I don't think I've ever given the advice that the president could bury someone alive." Yoo told a judiciary subcommittee hearing into detainee interrogations.

Well, I guess that's comforting to know. But it was striking to watch Yoo evade answering whether he considered there was any treatment so vicious and inhuman that it would be beyond the president's power to inflict it on a detainee, in the interests of national defence.

Apparently there isn't. In a public debate in 2005, Yoo was asked if he thought it would be lawful for the president to authorize crushing the testicles of a detainee's child.

It would seem like a simple 'no' would suffice. But here's how Yoo responded: "I think it depends on why the president thinks he needs to do that."

Surely it's time to start reserving rooms for these people in the crowbar hotel.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I wonder why they did not hold a war crimes court for Bill Clinton, over his war on Serbia.
Could there be some partisanship here?
Do you know if Truman was ever brought up on charges for nuking the Japanese?
Oops, just googled it and Truman was, in a mock trial.
Sounds good to me.
Every President should have to go under some scrutiny, like this.
I wish they would have had one for Hillary, for the murder of Vince Foster.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
You can't prosecute somebody because you disagree with them.

hanging him..would be murder. I think that is punishable by law in this country.

How stalinist can you get? I disagree with you...so now I will hang you!!!! LOL.

Have to agree with you on this one.

I've said over and over again that a revenge (for Clinton) witch hunt of Bush would accomplish nothing except distracting the country from moving forward with what really needs to be worked on - like energy and illegal immigration for starters. It would also start a tit-for-tat where each party spends more time working on getting even for what was done to the last guy than anything else.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I'm seriously with you on everything you said. This is not a partizan issue, but Bush has just been so off the scale, I think people are taking more notice of him. He's like the General Motors of presidential murder and mayhem in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I hope this is still happening. I wish it were on Cspan if you catch my drift...

Mostly just a bump to bring this thread to the masses again...
DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i hope that Bush is also tried for destroying world peace , like by funding georgia to bomb russian citizens in Ossetia , USA has exposed its cowardly , evil ,fascist face , which it hides in the guise of 'democracy'

top topics

join