It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We weren't designed to eat vegetables...here's the proof

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What's funny to me is that people will say "humans shouldn't eat meat" (with 0 proof), but then go and consume wheat and wheat flour (gluten), which humans absolutely are not meant to eat. Wheat was only introduced into the human diet about 3000 years ago. A lot (some say as many as 1/4) of Americans are gluten-intolerant and have no idea what gluten even is.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Humans as mentined in the other thread are designed to eat everything (in moderation). The PETA / Vegan propganda would have you beleive otherwise, but its highly unlikely that humas would have evolved if they were limited to grains and legumes as those would be very scarce and hard to find during pre cultivation times and would be truly at the mercy of the weather, nor is it likely they would have survive winters and ice ages etc. Yes they could store the stuff, but finding them would be problematic int he first place. Fruits and vegetables would be availble but could not provide the protien needed etc.

Nor do humans have the ability like cows and other grazing animals to extract nurtition from low grade plant matter like leaves or grass, or the heavy enamel teeth needed secondary to all the grit etc.

But a mixed meat / vegatable diet which man is adapted for presents the best of both worlds.

[edit on 6/17/08 by FredT]

apc

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I don't even get how they can make the argument that we are evolved to eat grains. Grains are useless to us without grinding them as the bran makes the grain indigestible. Man would first need to have figured out some way to grind them and as far as anyone can tell that didn't happen until the late paleolithic. Rice, wheat, rye, oats... these are not foods we evolved around. It boggles my mind when the veges try to claim otherwise.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I think the point he's trying to make is that. It's ridiculous to say that humans were not meant to eat meat. Just as it's ridiculous to say that humans were not meant to eat vegetables.

Humans are meant to eat anything they can get their hands on to keep them alive. This is the most valid point I can bring to this conversation that I can think of. Eating meat, eating vegetables. It doesn't matter. What matters is that we eat whatever is available in order to stay alive.
And one of the cool things about humanity is that we can go to either extreme and still live.

Grey....I have to star you for that one man. Thank you for your logic. That was the most intelligent argument I've heard out of either side.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

Wow, thank you for the intelligent contribution fanatic. I'm surprised you had the time to comment, what with all the releasing of 3 million defenseless chickens into Yosemite park.
*snip*

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well for someone with such *snip* input you sure post a lot. Sorry but you don't have the calibre to take me on, so step the hell off with the *snip* business.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
We don't have the caliber to take you on? Okay, your self proclaimed holiness. I didn't know you were the end all, be all of knowledge. Please bestow some of your eons of enlightenment upon me...please. And by the way, for someone with such infinite knowledge, you spelled caliber wrong. Prophet Yahweh called for you by the way. You were late for his meeting on being a self anointed bigot. I gave him your number though. It's listed on the PETA website, so you two should be getting together for some Mai Tais and tofu to discuss the summoning of your ego. Neeeext!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Actually I wasn't talking to you, I was responding to the other guy who called me a 'putz'. As for ego, I can't help but notice yours is rather self-inflated so pot calling kettle black? If you'll notice I'm from Australia and we still speak English here, so it is in fact "calibre". Also I don't proclaim myself all-wise nor holy, but flatter me if you must. Finally, flaming and chiding me as per the previous poster doesn't offer much incentive for meaningful conversation, does it? But neither does this lame-duck thread of yours.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Five months ago I had a scan of my kidneys, they were normal, after the binging on nuts and berries for two months straight, I developed kidneys stones.

According to Dr Richard Schulze, an expert in natural healing and herbal medicine the formula to 'cure' kidney stones is marshmallow, gravel root and hydrangea healingtools.tripod.com...

However, you first need a fully operational bowel otherwise Dr Schulze gets a little narky.

If I were you. I'd look into the research done by Dr Schulze (or his mentor's Dr Chistopher and Dr Jensen) as there are some incredible testimonies of healing that appear to defy our understanding of conventional medicine. Dr Schulze will also set you straight on which foods to get the necessary vitamins and minerals from as he has been a practicing vegan since the late '60's/early '70s
healingtools.tripod.com...
www.herbdoc.com... (his website)

Having said that, I'm still a sucker for a nice juicy slab of red meat. mmmm.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
[removed quote of Mannered content]

It is true to say that many people who choose to eat meat frequently justify their diet by arguing "I didn't get to the top of the food chain just to eat tofu" - what they are essentially saying is that 'might is right', or as I put it "What matters in life is the enforcement of one's will over another's, regardless of species. This is indicative of totalitarian doctrine, hence my allusion to fascism. Do you really need an 'internet link' to understand that? You might have better comprehended my point if you weren't so busy making yourself Exhibit A.

Now, I suggest you conduct yourself with considerable more decorum if you actually want me to discuss or further explain my worldview. But realistically, you don't really want to discuss ethics or ideals with myself or anyone else with a different point of view, you just want a flame war. That is why you lack firepower, you are so busy attacking others you fail to offer anything of substance or consider any common ground. Any arguments you win are only in your own mind.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Fruits and veggies good for you? Read and find out for yourself.

high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com...

And for those who associate vegan eating with tremendous health improvements:

"I've posted twice on the links between fruit and vegetables and oxidative damage to lipids, protein and DNA. This then begs the question as to why diets high in fruit and vegetables, on an epidemiological basis, are associated with less chronic diseases than diets deficient in fruit and vegetables. There seems to be a paradox here, fruit and veggies are repeatedly associated with oxidative damage, avoiding them is repeatedly beneficial, yet overall they look good for health when studied at the population level."

Pulled from this: high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com...

[edit on 6/18/2008 by WiseIsAwoken]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
All this talk about food is making me hungry. I think I'll go light up the grill and throw on some ribs! Slow smoked with a little sauce on the side.

Don't worry all you veggie crunchers. I'll whip up a mean coleslaw and serve it up with a pot of beans!

[edit on 6/18/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

OK, here's something for you to philosophise about during your meal. Why did you feel the need to post that comment in a conversation where some people obviously feel very differently about meat than yourself?

Before you answer, look through the other thread and notice how many others do the same thing "Hmmm I think I might just go and eat a baby lamb!" etc etc. Really analyse where that comment came from, and why, and you may just discover something about yourself... or you could just blow it off as a joke.

I know you didn't intend to be serious, but you can learn something right here and now if you really want to.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
My personal Opinion

How can anybody not like Meat or not like Vegtables and or fruit?

All foods listed taste great and all are supposedly bad for you!!!! scary!!!!

What do they want us to eat? artificial food pills?

Everybodies got their own tastebuds and people shouldn't slag on people because they eat meat or are a vegetarian or vegans.

thats my humble opinions.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Get over yourself! In case you haven't noticed, I've been following this thread since its inception and have contributed my two-cents. However, you do not see me shoving my personal philosophy about the evils-of-this-food-or-that-food down other peoples throats. Apparently that's your forte.

There's no real justification for you to demonize that portion of the populatlion that enjoys a nice juicy steak. If meat is not the right choice for you, don't eat it. It's as simple as that.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Just a reminder...

Please keep the responses focused on the Topic Of Discussion, as opposed to each other's perceptions with regards fellow members' character and or person.

Thank you.

» Survival » We weren't designed to eat vegetables...here's the proof » Post Reply

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If you believe in reincarnation, I can see how vegans came about. Its just that they forgot to leave the eating habits of they're former incarnaton behind. Its nice when the lesser species of this world incarnate to humans but I would love for them to realise they have comeback as carnivores and not Gerbils..

Zindo

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Get over yourself! In case you haven't noticed, I've been following this thread since its inception and have contributed my two-cents. However, you do not see me shoving my personal philosophy about the evils-of-this-food-or-that-food down other peoples throats. Apparently that's your forte.

There's no real justification for you to demonize that portion of the populatlion that enjoys a nice juicy steak. If meat is not the right choice for you, don't eat it. It's as simple as that.

Well I thought I asked a reasonable question in a non combative manner but again look at the response. Some philosopher you are.

Yes I've noticed your 2c scattered here and there, allow me quote you from your own "Moral Comapss" thread: "It's hard enough to understand how adults can commit atrocities against other adults. I just cannot comprehend how an adult can commit atrocities against unarmed children."

Well some people ask how can an adult commit atrocities against ANY defenceless being, human or otherwise. Do you not recognise this is a logical extension of your own profound ethical conclusions? Further, "How is it that one's conscience can be so easily overridden?". Indeed.

You liberally shovel your own philosophy then complain when somebody calls you on it. The reality is, you are in denial of your own ethics, hence the post about ribs. Subconsciously you feel guilt else you wouldn't have posted about it. Either that or you simply have a nasty streak.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Quite simply, I don't equate animals with humans. Animals and fish, like vegetables are there for consumption. That fact that I consume meat and fish, has no personal bearing on my core beliefs or values. I have a clear conscience.

You can read into any of my threads, or posts for that matter and seek all the ammunition you wish to counter my meat-eating ways. It won't bother me one bit.

Enjoy your tofu.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join