It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We weren't designed to eat vegetables...here's the proof

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If you'll recall in the OP I said there was no proof here only speculation but I was using it as proof anyways...that was the joke...two posts below it is the scientific article...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
If you'll recall in the OP I said there was no proof here only speculation but I was using it as proof anyways...that was the joke...two posts below it is the scientific article...
yes,but if you check the title to the thread........

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Props to the OP for having a sense of humor, it's a rare thing on ATS these days.

In seriousness: Everyone arguing the fact needs to shut the hell up already. I am all for people finding a lifestyle that works for them...

...for them.

I don't care what you eat, and as long as I am not eating live babies, you should leave me alone too. This goes for both sides (but in my experience I find that vegetarians are much more likely to complain to you about it).

Long story short: Shut up, everyone.

[edit on 6/16/0808 by spines]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Yummy, I wish I was in Vegas right now so I could eat a bloody Prime Rib for breakfast...

Animals are like Doritos, we can make more of them...it's not like the cow is going to go extinct! Great thread!!! I am sooo sick of the pasty white Vegans who don't even have the strength to push their carts faster then 1 mph in the grocery store, clogging up the aisles in the veggie section, blocking me from getting my limes for my Mageritas!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
why do you have to be in vegas to have your breakfast of choice? If you want prime meaty goodness for breaky,then 'ave it me laddo/laddesso

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Well, I can't get Prime Rib anywhere in my city in the morning, lessen' I cooked it myself, and that aint' about to happen
I haven't had Prime Rib for breakfast since I was in Vegas yummmyyy. It's laddesso

[edit on 16-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
hehe... this reminds me of this cool t-shirt from thebestwebpageintheuniverse x)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I can only talk by my experiences, I gave up red meats, that means pork and beef.

I am now on occasional poultry and plenty of fish, for the omega benefits.

Now this is what happen, I always enjoyed nuts and berries, in moderation, because I wanted to lower my cholesterol I went on a binge where my only source of protein came from nuts and berries.

Five months ago I had a scan of my kidneys, they were normal, after the binging on nuts and berries for two months straight, I developed kidneys stones.

It happens that I am sensitive to one thing nuts and berries produces when you eat them in quantities or everyday as the only source of you diet.

Oxalates, Passing kidney stones and developing kidney infections is not worth it and is painful.

A vegetarian diet has to be monitored for the reason that you can develop all kind of complications and deficiencies.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by marg6043]

apc

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
When I saw this thread in the listing I let out a laugh that would make Santa Claus envious.

While meat is a vital component of a natural human diet, recent research does point to a problem with consuming red meat (mammal meat) and dairy. The problem is a sugar called Gc sialic acid that while our near-twin the chimpanzee still produces this sugar, we humans do not. But we do produce antibodies for it. This sugar is found primarily in the meat of other mammals and in their milk. This is a possible explanation for the immediate inflammation observed after pork is consumed, as well as why eating excessive beef can cause numerous health problems over time. I'm convinced this sugar is a significant influence in the development of autoimmune diseases.

I posted information as well as a video lecture in this thread. It is rather compelling and as such I have stopped eating mammal meat and dairy. I do however now eat fish or shellfish 3-4 times a week as well as a serving of bird almost daily. Gc levels in these animals are either low or nonexistent.

While it is clear our ancestors ate just about anything that moved, I do not believe they lived long enough to suffer from the possible negative health consequences of consuming red meat. In a perfect world we would be able to develop some method of eliminating this sugar from our bodies and our food, but in the mean time it is in my opinion a good idea to eliminate it from one's diet.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I assume that it is a response to "not supposed to eat meat" thread. Yes, very hard to arrive to this conclusion, i know.
My opinion - we are not designed to eat junk. If it processed meat that was part of cow decades ago or if it is a vegetable sprayed with chemicals and genetically messed with. Another issue not less important is that we are not designed to consume our high in calories meals in few minutes interval between sitting on a chair for X hours a day.
All other considerations, like how long meat is dealt with in our gut or what kind of gases vegetables can give us are not important.
But still first world problems are much better then ones third world faces, so half glass is full.... with junk though.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just an observation about a few ex-Vegatarians i know.

Its strange that the last meat they gave up was Bacon as in a Bacon Sandwich and the first meat they ate when the reverted back was a Bacon Sandwich ...... strange.

Bacon sandwiches FTW!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
C'mon, Man, you left out the chart! What's a bogus argument without a bogus chart? You need, at the very least, some kind of graphic with carefully chosen "facts" to make your claim seem plausible to the people who already believe.

Dang, I'm getting hungry again. Two hours till Roscoe's Rib Rack opens, but there's always the greasy spoon that serves steak and eggs. Mmmmmmm...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Double_Nought_Spy
C'mon, Man, you left out the chart! What's a bogus argument without a bogus chart? You need, at the very least, some kind of graphic with carefully chosen "facts" to make your claim seem plausible to the people who already believe.

Dang, I'm getting hungry again. Two hours till Roscoe's Rib Rack opens, but there's always the greasy spoon that serves steak and eggs. Mmmmmmm...

Yeah, I couldn't find a bogus chart and didn't feel like makin one so I figured the bogus biased website would do for now. Who knows I may make a bogus chart also explaining why vegetables are dangerous for human consumption.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Awesome thread man, it's funny because I was reading the "not designed for meat" thread last night, right after I ate an entire 2lb. porterhouse in celebration of Father's Day. I couldn't help but think "if we were not designed to eat meat, why is it the best tasting thing you can eat?"

So there you have it, from my perspective, MEAT-THE BEST FOOD ON EARTH.

You can live on meat only. I did it for a couple of weeks one time, I felt stronger after those weeks were over.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
I saw a bumper sticker awhile back that read "PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals". My husband and I high-fived then went out for barbeque. It was a fitting tribute!

Seriously though, I had a friend back in my college days who went vegan. The whole "love, peace and granola" thing, and she suffered dearly. Her hair lost its luster, she had dental problems, she lost weight and became anemic. It got to the point where she wasn't allowed to donate blood. She eventually came around to her senses, but it took nearly two years.

Personally, I take a moderate stance. I'm a meat and potatoes kind of girl!

You guys must be from Sparta. aka meet the spartans. where men give the women high fives and the men get open mouth tongue kisses.

anyways... mmmmmmm meat.

awww yeah.

oh and. everyone needs to check out the chart o meat.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by grey580]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Seriously, and i dont mean to be rude, this is the stupidest thread i have ever seen on ATS.

Anyone who believes vege's are bad for you .... well.....

EDIT:

Just HAD to add this in to counter the continuing stupidity.

I've been vegetarian for 8 years and am in PERFECT health.

I NEVER get sick. Ask anyone who knows me.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by srsen]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Grow a sense of humor then along with your vegetables. Or go post in the "humans were not created to eat meat" thread which is even dumber because people think those "facts" are real and it grows fatter by the hour. That is all the advice I can offer your poor soul. Personally I don't care what you eat. Neeeeext!

[edit on 6/17/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

[edit on 6/17/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

I'm not going to enter into a volley of personal attacks but i will say this.

You may see this as humourous but others might read this nutcase's opinion (linked in your OP) on vege's being bad for you and actually take it seriously.

Some of the posts in this thread aren't meant in good humour either - i think some people actually believe or want to believe this.

But honestly mate, i wasn't having a go at you and i want to clarify that - just having a go at the idea of the thread. To be honest, i have such a love and respect towards our animal friends that these kind of ideals just dont sit well with me.

If you meant this as humour then thats cool, i just guess we have a different sense of humour

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think the point he's trying to make is that. It's ridiculous to say that humans were not meant to eat meat. Just as it's ridiculous to say that humans were not meant to eat vegetables.

Humans are meant to eat anything they can get their hands on to keep them alive. This is the most valid point I can bring to this conversation that I can think of. Eating meat, eating vegetables. It doesn't matter. What matters is that we eat whatever is available in order to stay alive.
And one of the cool things about humanity is that we can go to either extreme and still live.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join