It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hang over remides?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ok so I'm extemly drunk right now:w::w:.

After along day of drinking with my dad. I think that I'll propably have a hangover in the morning.

Actually I'm propably not even going to remember this.

But I was wondering if anybody knows any good hangover cures. Because last time I had one it was terrible and dont want it as bad as last time so does anybody know any?

My head is spinning .

Well thanks for any replies il get

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 5ealchris

Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of WATER, or a beer!

My water tastes great right now!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
DUDE, I'm drinking water also.
It does taste pretty good. A beer doesnt sound that bad also.

Thanks for the replie.

I think ill have more water.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yea, lots of water usualy works for me. But then I havnt had that many really bad hangovers..... actualy, you know whats worse?? - Wakeing up and still being drunk.... now thats bad lol.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ehh....I'm not completely sure, but I've heard that coffee can work on hangovers I think.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Just dont stop drinking then you wont have an hangover

Water and Orange juice works for me

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies!!!!!!!

actualy, you know whats worse?? - Wakeing up and still being drunk.... now thats bad lol.

Yes thats happened to me before and that was pretty bad. I got the hang over after taking a nap.

Just dont stop drinking then you wont have an hangover

That is great advice. (:
hehehehe
That was my orginal plan until I threw up.

And realized I didnt want to go to the hosipatla.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk
... actualy, you know whats worse?? - Wakeing up and still being drunk.... now thats bad lol.

Oh, yea I do that sometimes lol, and I act like a ditz and laugh alot!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Water is great! But you have to stop drinking alcohol and drink a ton of water BEFORE you go to sleep. This usually works for me and a lot of my friends. If, in the morning you still dont feel so hot. Grab a beer and chug it. This is refered to as "The hair of the Dog that bit you". it works. Trust me.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Wow, I really think the best cure is the good ol' vegemite and fried egg toasted sandwich, cant beat it..has every thing you need...and also drink lots of green tea..detox...oh yeah....makes me want one..!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Vegemite is nasty IMO, no way Jose. Way too salty and just ewww...

Ibuprofen and lots of water always worked for me.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JesterMan

Yep too much water will more than likely make you feel worse, you should sip water AS you drink.
A few glasses before hitting the bed will help re-hydrate but prevention is key.

You want to replace the electrolytes you lost from drinking so sports drinks or a banana or two (If you can stomach it) will help too.

Greasy food and another drink usually do it for me if I am hungover. Hair of the dog n all that

Weird thing, since I been in Japan I never get hungover

... not that I am complaining

[edit on 16-6-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
OK, i think I might have a few years more experience than the lot of you on this one. They say people who get hangovers don't drink as much - not so!
Anyway, I don't disagree with any of the above suggestions - they all help, somewhat. I would suggest aspirin over Ibuprofin or other painkillers due to their potential to really hurt the liver in combination with alcohol.
OK, the sure fire remedy I discovered earlier this year Kudzu !
Its a ground up powder of the bean that grows wild all over the south. I get mine in bulk from an on-line supplier in Ontario, Canada. It is used as a treatment for alcoholics because it also makes drinking less enjoyable if taken before-hand. I use it after the fact, the next morning. It works better than any of the other things in MO and (years of) experience.
The older you get, the worse your hangovers are. Kudzu completely removes the hangover after just an hour or two. Great compared to the 2 days it used to sometimes take.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A glass or two of pomegranate or grapefruit juice usually takes my hangover away after 20 - 30 minutes.

Its not worth taking any medication / tables for a hangover, IMO.

Brei.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yup, when you wake up in the morning and still feel okay you know you're in for a crap day.

Thanks for that Kudzu advice Wayno.
edit: What site to you get it from?

[edit on 16/6/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5ealchris
But I was wondering if anybody knows any good hangover cures. Because last time I had one it was terrible and dont want it as bad as last time so does anybody know any?

There is no cure for a hangover. You can give yourself more alcohol in the morning (not recommended), or do what I always did and give yourself a shot of Nyquil. It will mask a lot of the symptoms. The old formula with Psuedoephedrine worked the best because it made you feel like you had lots of energy, but now I am not so sure. I haven't actually had a bad hangover in ages.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies.

I think that water really did help.
My hangover isnt nearly as bad as last time.

And I tried some of the other suggestions. And I think those helped also.

Oh yeah I also heard exercise helps. And I think it really does. Because after I went for A run. I felt better.

And I think I'll try that Kudzu stuff next time.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by 5ealchris]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I recently found a Topless Donut Shop. Donuts, coffee, and topless women seem to cure any hang over.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

I think topless women are a cure for a lot of things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join