It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Obama's Certificate of Birth Photoshopped?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by SavageHenry planets...

Although you may have proven that life exists on

Please save us from the REAL threat...

Dude, quit derailing the thread. If you've got nothing to offer go bother somebody else.

You have nothing to offer at all...

Stop making pointless and inane threads

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Oh good jamie, so now you are editing your own pictures in photo shop. NICE

How do you explain this (which I did in photoshop)?

End of the phrase is "coffee".

Seriously man.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnOldFriend
reply to post by jetxnet

Please Jet show us how it was done. If you can duplicate this in the manner in which you speak i will believe you.

He would need to have a copy of the physical certificate to duplicate what was done. He can't duplicate it without the actual certificate to being with.

I think the artifacts come from having different resolutions between the original scan and the photoshop editing.

I.e., if the certificate was scanned at 2400 dpi and then the photoshop job was saved as a jpg at 300 dpi, then the artifacts would appear.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I know this is a passionate subject but I don't really want to see anymore one liner, off topic responses in here because that just opens the door for massive derailing.

Thanks,

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I've actually done it with other images but used Fireworks. I'm not sure if I still have Fireworks loaded, but will see if I can display to you what I'm referencing.

Here would be the process:

1) Take existing pre-scanned image into a graphics editor
2) Replace the existing text with new text

In your examples AnOldFriend, you added new text but didn't replace any. Replacing the text is key to producing this pixilization or "Halo-like" effect.

To replace the previous text, there are a few different methods. One is to simply "White out" the text and then add the new text.

Another method is to use the clone tool to clone the background onto the text, thus replacing the text with a cloned background.

The problem with cloning, is it is only an estimation of the pixels. It uses an estimation and coloring to mimic the background on the non-native image.

Once you place text onto this cloned part of the image, pixilization occurs.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Just to make things clear, what exactly are you saying was done in PS and what is "real" document?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

These Obama threads are really becoming good for a laugh.

Photoshopped...fake birth certificate...uh oh...he must be...an deadly evil Foreigner!!!.

Come on. There is no proof of this at all, just a bunch of wishful thinking.

Keep trying Jamie you may actually find something worth paying attention to.
This ain't it though.

Just attack him on issues if you want something to work with, but this other stuff you guys are putting out here really looks desperate.

Even if you back each other up on it.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Did you look at the first image i made on the first page? The manner in which i took out the original text is probably the best way to go about it. I am sure any idiot with PS would do the same thing as i did.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
OK. When you print out an image of something that was scanned digitally and then scan this image (which is what I believe has happened) you will get these artifacts throughout. They are there throughout.

I'm trying to understand what your saying here.

1. Paper is scanned.
2. Scanned image is printed out
3. Printed out image is scanned again

I don't understand why this process would have been applied to the Obama CoB.

Presumably the certificate was printed by Hawaii and sent to Obama. The certificate was scanned and the black box was added in Photoshop. Then the image was published online. So here's what presumably DID happen:

1. Certificate printed on laser printer.
2. Certificate edited in Photoshop.
3. Edited image saved an uploaded.

So how would this sequence add artifacts??

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Did you look at the first image i made on the first page? The manner in which i took out the original text is probably the best way to go about it. I am sure any idiot with PS would do the same thing as i did.

But herein lies the difference....

You edited a file that was already uploaded. The Obama people had to first scan a document, and then photoshop the scanned document. Then they had to save the edited document.

The reason their image has pixelation and yours doesn't is because they were working on the original scan that most likely was a different resolution and bit depth than the save photoshopped file.

Your edited file started and ended with the same resolution image. That's why there was no distortion or artifacts.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

reply to post by jamie83

Just to make things clear, what exactly are you saying was done in PS and what is "real" document?

What we know was done in photoshop was the black box over the cert. no. This is established.

The "real" document is something I downloaded from Google search results that was a stock certificate. The other "real" document was a scan of a stamp.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavageHenry
You have nothing to offer at all...

Stop making pointless and inane threads

Just ignore them if you don't like them. Try sticking to the T&C and discuss the topic, not the poster.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Someone earlier in the thread stated that their Mother had a CoB from Hawaii (she too was born in the early 1960s) and that only two things were the same between her Mother's and Obama's version. The Seal and the background.

Otherwise, the font and positioning were different.

If this is a fake digitial representation of Obama's cert, which I believe it is, I believe Obama had someone find another CoB from Hawaii, load it into Photoshop and replace the text. This would account for the font variance, positioning and pixilization.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

How do you explain this (which I did in photoshop)?

Seriously man.

I have no idea how you did it in photoshop. Want to explain? It may then explain why Obama's CoB looks similar to what you did.

By the way, what's wrong with editing the image by changing the gamma correction to bring out the artifacts so you can see them? It's not like I edited the image and tried to hide the fact. I'm just trying to find the truth here.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Ok I will explain how I went about doing that first editing job on the first page.

All i did was select a clean area of the green pattern and then just dropped it over the text that was there. Of course i lined it up so that it fits and then i put the text over that. very simple job. And i am sure whoever may have falsified this doc would go about it the same way. The clone tool would not work very well and whiting it out with the brush would just be tedious and would be way to obvious.

If this doc was falsified i would have to say it was done at the agency that supplied it.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

images.dailykos.com...

This is the original image i used to create the image i made. The text varies in size if you dont zoom to full size.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
AnOldFriend, you would need a guide though as to where the orignial text was if you were going to replace. Your replacements were random.

In your example, you dumped a new version of the background onto the existing background, thus removing the text.

What if you need to replace the name Joe Schmoe? You want the new name to appear in the same spot. For this reason, you would not dump a new background over the existing image (as a clean slate).

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Come on. There is no proof of this at all, just a bunch of wishful thinking.

Lee, what there is no proof of at this point is that the Certificate of Birth released by Obama is actually real. Obama adds to the suspicion about this because he's attempted to portray the 2007 Certificate of Birth as his "Birth Certificate", implying that it was the 1961 document and NOT a 2007 document.

I think the wishful thinking at this point is on the part of the Obama supporters who are hoping that the CoB hasn't been doctored.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I most certainly would, however I would want it as close to a "real" certificate as possible. The best way to get rid of anything like text in this image is the way i did it and I am sure that if they did edit it to this extreme they would have done it the same way.

Why does the text have to line up to the original precisely anyway? As long as it is close on your editing job nobody would be any the wiser. And you couldn't compare it to anything because I am sure no other person in the world has this exact same info.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

If this is a fake digitial representation of Obama's cert, which I believe it is, I believe Obama had someone find another CoB from Hawaii, load it into Photoshop and replace the text. This would account for the font variance, positioning and pixilization.

This would also explain why they needed to black out the certificate no. If they used somebody else's certificate they would probably make sure that the Cert. no. was blacked out so that it couldn't be traced back to the person whose certificate they used.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join