It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not able to see all posts...Why is that?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've noticed that I'm not able to see certain posters posts. It's not just one poster either, it's quite a few...

Anyone else know what's going on here?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A better description of your problem might help. What do you mean, "can't see"? How do you know there are posts, if you can't see them?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I think he's getting the same thing I am. I see blank posts by people every now and then. Obviously posts cannot be blank, since you have a minimum amount of characters in a post before you are allowed to post it.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
have you accident'y put people on your ignore list and have forgotten to take them off?

That might be it. Or in the case of Anonymous ATS they don't show up till a moderator approves the post.

[edit on 6/16/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
One reason for this, if it is a anonymous poster, is it is probably waiting for it to be cleared by a mod as all anonymous posts are altough it would still show up on your My ATS thread list and recent posts.

The other reason is there is a bug that sometimes does not show a new page and if that post is the first on that page it does not show until another post comes along if you are desperate to see it then try adding a post of your own to see if it turns the page so to speak.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hello,

Please link to an example of this so one of the staff can better assess exactly what you're experiencing.

You were a bit vague in your post and you could be talking about a few different things... a link would clarify that.

[edit on 6/16/2008 by Djarums]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your replies. I first noticed this yesterday when I went into myATS to see the most recent replied to threads in the top 50 subscriptions (on the left) that I've posted in.

The most recent replied to posts get bumped to the top and you can see the name of the member who last posted. So on a couple of occasions when I clicked a particular thread the last poster which showed in the last 50 subscriptions list was not there in the thread. This also happened in Scott Creightons board and in the Recent posts list.

There was a thread which showed in the list that Anonymous ATS posted last, but when I clicked the thread his/her post was not there.

Here is an example from one of Scott Creightons threads: Member Simon Peter is showed to be the last poster in this thread. Yet when I view the thread Skyfloating is the last poster. Also none of Simon Peters posts can be seen... does anyone else see this ??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Simon peter is also shown to be the last poster on this one yet none of his posts can be seen...

Here is the lost of threads which shows him being the last poster yet his posts cant be seen...

[edit on 16-6-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The member in question in on Global Ignore.

Global Ignore is a temporary measure we use to deal with a situation in which a member has violated the T&C and action needs to be taken.

A member of staff will place the account on Global Ignore effectively rendering the person's posts invisible until someone is able to correct whatever the problem was.

I'm sure the staff member who placed this member on GI is working on resolving his issue.

In sum... nothing at all wrong with your account

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

/
Oh ok. Is that like double secret probation?

new topics

top topics

join