It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Kills Man Allegedly Beating Baby (update)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

It's the mothers who usually put their babies in harm's way like this. Some women will do anything to keep a man. I hope the mother is tracked down and brought to justice if she willingly let this guy be alone with her baby.

Are you kidding me? You take the liberty of a lot of assumptions here and you really have to do some twisted mental gymnastics to blame the mother for this one. Women do not cause men's behavior. Men cause men's behavior.

[edit on 6/16/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The sick mother F***** is lucky i didnt witness this or i would have gotten out and beat him with to death with a crowbar.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

Read this link. www.modbee.com...
People on the ground did try to stop him, but he shrugged him off.

Shooting legs and arms are difficult shots. Police and soldiers are trained to shoot center mass because it is a bigger target and easier to hit especially under stress.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
A couple of points:

First of all standard procedure by my training is to shoot center of available body mass to stop the action. It is almost impossible to hit an arm or leg of a moving target. In this case that action could have placed innocent bystanders not to mention the baby in danger of being hit. The officers involved did exactly the right things. I commend the crew of the helicopter and the officer for acting in an exemplary manner.

Second, I've read a great deal of criticism leveled at the witnesses and lots of "if I had been there" it is possible that you might well have acted in the manner you believe it is also possible that you may not. I'm very well trained and have 18 years of experience as a Corrections Officer; I've seen my fair share of blood and violence and each time have responded as I needed to; however I'm not fool enough to say I'll be able to each time. None of us can know the future and those witnesses were not trained to respond to the evil being done in front of them.

They may have froze and went into what we call the black zone and were mentally and physically unable to process what they were seeing. It is for exactly that reason that I stay in what is called the yellow zone; able to respond but not on constant high alert. Motorists commuting are likely in the white zone and simply not prepared for the evil they encountered.

I'm sure in my heart that they will not be able to forgive themselves and are very likely being harder on themselves then we will ever be. All I'm saying is they reacted as humans normally do and perhaps we shouldn't judge them too harshly. Remember the trained police officers were very shaken imagine what an untrained civilian must feel.

As for the perpetrator of this crime; he got what he richly deserved my prayers go for the little angel and his family. Tragically we will never know what this angel child could have achieved.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

What the hell is wrong with you? No one deserves death. For gods sake, one wrong doesn't fix another! This is why the world is what it is today! Sorry if I offended you, but I'm sure you see my point.

Anyway, I doubt this will receive more attention than the "great" U.S. Marine throws puppy off the cliff, story/video.

Nice thread, shows what stress can do to someone.

[edit on 123America/Chicagof2008Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:57:47 -0500America/Chicago 3008America/Chicago by Trams]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i have VERY VERY little respect for law enforcement and the system in general but this is one of those things that i can understand happening.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trams What the hell is wrong with you? No one deserves death. For gods sake, one wrong doesn't fix another!

So you are saying if it were YOUR baby that was being kicked to death by a psychopath, you would want the officers to talk to the guy? Or maybe wait until the cop cars showed up a few minutes later and tackled him? The fact your kid was being kicked to death would not warrant extreme force huh?

Don't have kids.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
reply to post by Bombeni

It's the mothers who usually put their babies in harm's way like this. Some women will do anything to keep a man. I hope the mother is tracked down and brought to justice if she willingly let this guy be alone with her baby.

Are you kidding me? You take the liberty of a lot of assumptions here and you really have to do some twisted mental gymnastics to blame the mother for this one. Women do not cause men's behavior. Men cause men's behavior.

Here in the south there are often stories about "boyfriends" that beat infants to death. Yes, they often do charge the mother as well. Typically there were prior incidents of abuse and the mother continued to have the child around the abuser.

I worked with a woman a while back, one day she casually told me how years earlier her 5 year old daughter was beaten to death by her husband (not the childs father) when she was at work. I was shocked. I was more shocked when she ranted on how angry she was at the JUDGE for only giving the guy 15 years, apparently it was the judge and the government that were to blame after the fact. She did not show one OUNCE of remorse or guilt despite the fact she chose the man and left her child at his mercy.

A whle later I asked her if she had seen any signs and asked some questions (the woman was not the brightest, immigrant from Jamaica, but I still found it hard to believe her claims that "she had no clue and he was so normal"). Turns out he had a big drug problem, and one day out of the blue he nearly choked her to death, but somehow that did NOT make her wonder if her 5 year old child would be safe left alone with this man all day while she worked.

I strongly believe the mothers SHOULD be held accountable when they KNOW the guys they are shacking up with are violent and abusive. It is extremely rare for a normal, sane, drug-free, non-violent person to suddenly decide to kill an infant, they typically have a LONG history of weirdness. And in most cases it is NOT the kids biological father, stats show biological fathers are far less likely to kill their own offspring. It is typically some jerk the mother takes up with cause she "needs a man".

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
So... Who wants to start the betting? I have less than 2 weeks before the family sues the police department for either 1. shooting the man or 2. not showing up in time to save the toddler.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
ha how good you are to protect a policeman how about your military in iraq they are killig thousands of inocend kids and women for sake of kiling them.Wake up A.Hs your kind is worst.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachelor

I wasn't in anyway implying that individuals without formal education or steady income were the only ones capable of horrific acts. All I was saying was that individuals -who I've seen- that lack education and financial means to support themselves seem to have the most children...and that may as well include lack of parenting skills. Again, it's just my own perception, we don't know much about the details in this case, could have been a raging billionaire for all we know...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
can a mod change the title of the thread to reflect the fact that the guy wasnt 'allegedly' beating a baby to death. He was 100% caught in the act. And is now, deservedly so, dead because of it.

The 'allegedly' part makes it read as though there is some ambiguity regarding how the incident unfolded- and may unintentionally reflect badly on the officer involved.

Im sure everyone is in agreement however that he (and the helo pilot) done an outstanding job at the scene- godspeed with his emotional recovery and i hope he can take some solace in the fact he did good, ridding the streets of this scum.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

your right i friggin Hate. the police but this is actually different...guess just cuz he was saving a child

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Good lord...this is amongst the sadest stories i ever heard.. a grown man beating a baby to death... as others have said, this is one of the few timies i would stand next to a police officer... i totaly feel the cop who shot the man, did the right thing. Hell, in some neighborhoods, if the cop didnt shoot, someone else might. I hope the cop keeps his job and all.
But unbelievable... what could posses someone to kill a baby? If yuo look at serial killers, most that killed or beat kids were females... this guy was a male. Usualy, the female tortures, suffocates the kid. Guys seem to canabalize or keep the bodies under house or bedrrom as trophys. Makes me think what was going through his head, other than the cops bullet.
Would be interesting, if they cop didnt kill him, and under interogation what was up his gazoo.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Such a horrible world we live in. If I were the officer, I would have probably shot the guy in the knee caps, then start kicking his head until it turned to mush. I know that's not the best thing to do, but anger would have taken over my body if I ever saw such an incident.

First time in a long time I've heard of the police doing the right thing!

[edit on 17-6-2008 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JesterMan

Hey, go easy on this man! He was PROBABLY a fellow officer, just under some work stress. or maybe a lawyer, or politician. We don't know. But if he was, he was also above the law. HIS crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The law does not apply to all of us, because 'we are not worthy'.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by Blueracer
I don't quite understand this. If a 1 or 2 year old was kicked in the head by an adult, wouldn't just 1 kick have killed him? The man kicked this baby in the head. Someone called 911. Then the police showed up and killed the man. Yet the baby was still alive?

Not always and there is a subtle difference between brain dead and dead.

Kids are quite resilent and could surive a blow like that but repeated blows by this animal there was no chance.

This is an insult to animals, though I understand the message you're conveying. I worked in a county jail as a booking clerk and saw people brought in for unbelievably heinous actions, not just to infants and children, but to animals. I won't even bother to describe them as incidents such as this and others are becoming more prevalent. I've seen bad cops and good ones. A few years ago, one pulled me over on my motorcycle (yes I was guilty) and he was driving a car. He told me he normally drove a motorcycle and that I had to be very cautious because many people don't see us. He did not issue a citation, though he could have. After being in an accident (someone running a stop sign who didn't see me) I understood that it was more important for him to get the message across than write me a ticket. When I was five/six years old, my neighbor was a cop (I'm 54 now), and he spent time with me and other kids in the neighborhood--went into it for the right reasons obviously because he was a really great guy. I have seen them do some terrible things (breaking the kneecap of a retarded man who couldn't answer questions) and am aware of the crazy increase in tasering people for no reason. Like anything else, it depends on the person and I don't generalize and say they're all bad--people in general are getting worse. When I was seventeen, I saved a girl from getting raped and who knows what else by standing up to a guy who was as big as a pro wrestler. He threatened to kill me, but realized that she had taken the opportunity to run and unsuccessfully went after her. People might think it's stupid to get involved when somebody needs your help, but I couldn't walk past a burning car, etc. and not do whatever I could because my conscience won't let me. Sadly, this sort of moral/ethical mind is rapidly vanishing. When I lived in AZ, a man was hit by a car and while me and another person were assisting him we were being honked and yelled at because we were slowing up traffic. This is indicative of a serious inability to put oneself in another's shoes. I actually had a debate with someone who believed that ignoring another's plight was alright because it was their karma! I told them that it was their karma to help if they could. I cannot understand anyone doing this to an infant--it is completely foreign to my logic and heart.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The officer was clearly doing his job. He was witnessing a life being threatened far for seriously than someone pointing a gun at someone else. I assume he was placed on leave so he could mentally recover from killing someone, as it states this is normal procedure.

If you behave in this manner, you must accept the consequences. People who inflict sadistic violence on helpless individuals deserve what awaits them.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join