It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Kills Man Allegedly Beating Baby (update)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
I dont think he should have shot him..but thats just me.Anyway i would like to have known the mental status of the man at the time...i have a feeling he went crazy...Maybe thats me just being naive though,i couldnt imagine someone doing something like that without a mental illness..

when a "mentally impaired" person, whether it be from drugs or some disease, comes at you with a weapon, whether a knife or his foot or fist - trust me - your first reaction is self preservation or the attempt to preserve in this case another's life.....so I say - mental illness?? So what?...death = death and there is no justifiable excuse for taking the life of baby....

I once knew a schizophrenic on death row - I had come to know him because he ordered books from the company I worked for and I was in the mail order department and we received requests like this all the time...he seemed very gentle from his letters so I asked him why he was on death row - first thing he said to me was "I deserve to be here many times over"....he had refused his meds ( which is common with this illness) and had killed several people..
and though people were battling in the courts to keep him alive, he understood why he was in prison awaiting execution....and in the end he was executed....murder destroys peoples lives and not just the lives that were taken but the families of the victims and the families of the perpetrator...

The police officer who tried to save this child's life was simply doing what his training called for and God bless him for it...even though the experience, I guarantee, is causing him a great deal of pain as we write these posts...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Kudos to you too for jumping in front of a guy much bigger than you.
It seems that years ago men were more concerned about their honor, about holding up their honor and doing the right thing but it seems now that most people couldn't care less about honor. I'm a woman and had a flat tire at a very busy convenience store last week, but no one offered to help. I had to wait an hour until my son could get there to change it. Even 10 years ago some good guy would have stopped what he was doing and offered to help. It's just the times we live in I guess.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Humanity WTF is going on, how could this race ever go into space and travel the universe. We are a dangerous race, i wish aliens would come down and end this disgusting experiment.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This may be slightly off-topic, but here's what I like about Oklahoma, and good 'ol "Okie" Justice www.smh.com.au...

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Yes.. It costs that much.. for a state prison.. Imagine the cost of a Maximum Security prison.

I love the Oklahoma law.. I hope it works.. Good.. kill the bastards.. they haunt the minds of our future..

And just to touch on the "demons" thing.. The mercury news links didn't work.. And demons my ass.. Some deranged maniac with mental problems shouldn't have a baby in their care.. If it's their child or not!... Where is this baby's mother..

God rest this little boy's soul..

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It's the mothers who usually put their babies in harm's way like this. Some women will do anything to keep a man. I hope the mother is tracked down and brought to justice if she willingly let this guy be alone with her baby.

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well now be careful what you say there..
You don't know that the mother left the baby with anyone.. You don't know if the mother is dead and hasn't been found or.. if she's long been dead.. or if she's too scared to come forward or what.. You.. and I... We don't know.. Assuming doesn't help you later down the track.

And You're right.. some women will do anything to keep a man.. My mother hasn't spoken to her two daughters or 5 of her grand children because of that reason... Mum married a donkey of a man who did nothing but destroy our family and drove us apart.. Now she lives alone... Speaking with my brother and I.. and it's sad.. Just like this little boy's story is sad.. heart breaking.. I teared up when I first read about this last night in the news..

But the baby feels no more pain.. his pain is gone.. unfortunately so is his future.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i can only imagine what will be said to the cop by the liberals in california... hopefully it goes like this:

Mayor: I don't want any more trouble like you had last year in the Fillmore district. Understand? That's my policy.

Harry: Yeah, well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy.

Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?

Harry: Well a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Swatman]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I bet the baby wouldn't stop crying and the man just couldn't take it. There really ought to be some standards for allowing people to have children these days, because the people who have no business having any kids are the ones who have the MOST! I say there should be a mandatory per-child tax rather than a tax credit. Then only those who could afford to raise kids would.

The other day, I saw some cranky woman getting on a bus with five kids - all of them appearing to be pre-school aged or younger - and she was pregnant to boot! At what point do we sterilize these people?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
queue cop haters:

Good job this offer did. I hope everything turns out okay for him

Sorry but people don't hate cops when they do the right thing.

Kudos to the officer and brave crew of that helicopter, I have been trained in setting up an LZ for med-flight when someone needs to be medivaced and to land without a ground crew was very risky. You cant see telephone and power lines from the chopper and need ground crew.

All of these brave officers went above and beyond and put there lives in extreme danger just by landing the bird.

Good job officers!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Wow a bunch of motorists passing by and witnessing this horrendous act being perpetrated on a 2 yr. old infant. There is no question in my mind I would have gotten in this guy's face to get him to stop by whatever means! Kind of in a way I wish this monster was stopped before the infant died so that the monster could be placed with the rest of the prison population to meet his deserved fate!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I applaud the officer, and not just because I'm an ex-cop, because it took skill and training to drop the hammer on someone- even as despicable as the perp.

SOP will be to evaluate the officer's judgement, his ability to return to work as before, and his attitudes. Right now he's being evaluated. Might even get a medal for bravery. But he's on administrative leave for a reason and a damn good one at that.

Each person is affected differently when they HAVE to kill in cold blood like that. I bet right now he could ask for a desk job and get it with no problem. Give him more time to unwind and "heal". Unless you've been there and done that, you don't know how it'll scar you.

I was placed in such a position once during the service, when nukes were involved, and I would have had to shoot a perp AND his innocent hostage. Fortunately the perp surrendered before he got to the back door and my spot. But I tell you, in those 5 minutes, I soaked my shirt through and through and had to go home and change before returning to duty.

So I applaud the officer. He did his job. He 'served' with distinction.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Well here I am.
Know what?
The only thing wrong with this cops method was the perp died right away. If he would have wounded him, they could have spent the entire day torturing this "man" to death in ways Mengele would cringe at. He got off way too easy................
Bets on the guy being an otherwise normal guy who just suddenly snapped? Mind control anyone?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
allegedly my ass i read some where there were many that tried stop man from killing child but it didn't fase him so he was shot the police was not wrong in doing so!

[edit on 16-6-2008 by meancookie89]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

What a truly sad and ignorant thing to say.The poor are made up of rich people who have lost everything and those who dont know any different.
The irony is that You might end up with nothing or no-one and judged by persons like yourself.

Who knows it might have been a successful business owner who lost big time and took his childs life and before being shot might have been considering taking his own life.

Before anyone starts i am not condoning his behaviour just merely pointing out that situations can happen to anyone and its not a matter of money its a state of mind and to Laiguana you sound borderline from your statement.

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

I have to say I agree with you to a point, I live in an area that is rather nice but I have a rather poor part of town to the south of me... And its not uncommon to see a "Mother" walking with 4 to 7 kids trailing behind her all around the pre-school to kindergarten age..

I think Keanu Reeves said it best in "Parenthood" when he said "You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming a^^hole be a father."

I'm not saying that a license should be required.. but how about a basic IQ test?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

If they do anything to this officer, it's total crap. He tried to save the baby's life.

www.kcra.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

now this i can concur with. i did not read all the replies simply bc i am a single mother of two young sons and my mind doesn't need to go here, but I do hope that officer is judged by his peers and those higher than him w/ nothing but admiration.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
A couple of months ago a similar situation occurred here in Mississippi. A local loser in south Mississippi took his infant son out into the middle of a cow pond and held the baby under the water as he would go under the water. He had been arguing with the child's mother over something that was never made clear. He would rise up out of the water when the baby nearly died from drowning, but would go back under again after shouting profanities and making threats at those on the bank. This went on till local law enforcement arrived and shot him dead while he was going under water again with the baby. The baby was in critical condition that last time I heard anything about it from the lack of oxygen while held under water. What is going on out there that men are killing their own children publicly and so cruelly? Of course there was those who said the cops should have never shot the man who was only drowning a baby too little to stand up on its own. Go figure.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Bowcatz001]

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Agree'd... This officer will not be disciplined for his actions.. he acted when no one else would.. he tried to save a life.. He should be commended..

I understand about not wanting to read further..I have a 15 month old.. and I know I have felt very sad and upset the last few days due to this story..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join