It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Kills Man Allegedly Beating Baby (update)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Yeah I would not be able to contain myself, or want to. If I saw this happening in front of my eyes I would've tackled the guy. I just cannot fathom why anyone would do this to any living thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
i agree,... to bad he only got a bullet, i can think of all kinds of wonderful alternatives to that. but atleast its one less dirt bag in the world.
however seeing as this country the U.S. is going to hell in a hand basket with so many rights for every little thing, it wouldnt suprise me if this officer lost more than his job over this.

never the less, from my point of view if i were in the same situation, just about anything up to and including prison time would have been worth it to take out that child abusing s**t bag, i honestly hope the officer is awarded for his decisive action. GOOD JOB OFFICER you have alot of people pulling for you.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I just would have shot his knees/legs out first

So he can live to victimize innocent people again? Nah...killing this scum was the right thing to do.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I've noticed that lower income and less educated people tend to breed the most, so my guess is that more of these barbarians are certain to come around.

Please state the extent and magnitude of your own education please, and if it exceeds the highschool level - please provide proof. Considering the ignorance of your statement, I'd be astounded if you have more than a GED - which by the way is what I have; I'm also lower income. Surprisingly though, I have no tendencies towards barbarianism; I'm also childless. So much for your state of supposed enlightenment there, genius.

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is just the saddest thing. I'm the father of a 15 month old boy and my son is the world to me, how anyone can hurt a child is beyond me... There is NOTHING a child can do to deserve this.. Nothing at all.. This is the most disgusting thing I've ever read in my life..

I have to praise the Officer for his work, it's sad that it happened to be too late for the poor baby.. But this piece of @*&# wont ever beat anyone again.

What I don't understand is how the people passing by that stopped didn't stop this lunatic, I know it said in the story that they tried and he shoved them away, let me make it clear that if I saw this.. NO ONE... and I mean NO ONE would shove me away, I would put my life in danger to help save the life of that.. or any other child being harmed.. This makes me sick that these people, quite a number of them gathered but didn't make a joint attempt to stop this maniac.. If they had of banded together they could have saved this baby.. or atleast tried to..

What is wrong with the world today when people watch something like this occur.. The whole "Turn your head and don't become a victim" mentality has to STOP!.. Stand up for the weak.. Stand up for those who cant stand up for themselves... Isn't that what made America "the land of the free and home of the brave"?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I am not opposed to the officers actions. Not a bit. I can say without hesitation that if I had seen this act happening I would have intervened. My main focus would have been on protecting the child. Stopping the 'man' who was killing the infant would be paramount. To quote a great man "By whatever means necessary".

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Apparently, the police officer also followed proper procedure. He tried to defuse the situation peacefully and when the suspect refused to cease his assault, the officer shot him.

The police officer did it right.

As for why the witnesses didn't try anything harsher, this is not the movies. Actually seeing someone commit an act of violence in person is a lot different than seeing it on the silver screen. Most people generally don't know how to handle these situations.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bachelor

Please state the extent and magnitude of your own education please, and if it exceeds the highschool level - please provide proof. Considering the ignorance of your statement, I'd be astounded if you have more than a GED - which by the way is what I have; I'm also lower income. Surprisingly though, I have no tendencies towards barbarianism; I'm also childless. So much for your state of supposed enlightenment there, genius.

Chill out, don't take it personally. Do the research yourself, birthrates are higher amongst the less-educated and lower-incomes than they are with the higher-educated and higher-incomes. Its not ignorance, its just fact. He never said you automatically become a barbarian just because you have a lower income and lower education.

I'm not lower education, but I am lower income, and I have found such research to be quite true from personal experience. Yet I am not a barbarian.

We've definitely become way too politically correct these days. People can't simply state the facts anymore.

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

As for why the witnesses didn't try anything harsher, this is not the movies. Actually seeing someone commit an act of violence in person is a lot different than seeing it on the silver screen. Most people generally don't know how to handle these situations.

I understand this isn't the movies, However it just takes a minor act of courage, I'm sure this would have been a god awful sight and something very disturbing and frightening, however that should have given these people courage and motivation enough to stop this act.

I'm no one special but I have studied Aikido for 24 of my 31 years alive and have on several occasions broken up fights in public. It doesn't take much to step in and stop what is going on, in the case of this poor baby I'm sure it might have been harder for the people seeing such a horrific act.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
And other motorists did "nothing?" What is wrong with you people.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The cop is a hero. If he is relieved of his duties for some reason I am sure he would have plenty of job prospects. probaly better paying than a cop job.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
When the powers that be ask this officer why he shot this cretin..I hope he replies with that old adage..."He Needed Killin'! ". It is so apropos. I doubt anyone would take umbridge at this reply???

Zindo

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ox

Agreed Sir. Good post.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by elevatedone]

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
The cop is a hero. If he is relieved of his duties for some reason I am sure he would have plenty of job prospects. probaly better paying than a cop job.

He has been put on administrative leave which is standard procedure when an officer fires their weapon, this is nothing out of the ordinary. It gives the officer time to relax after a strenuous ordeal like taking someone's life. He will speak with the Police Psychiatrist and will be back to work in a few days.

This officer acted, his training and instincts kicked in and he did what he was trained to do he did his JOB!.. Had the bystanders not just stood there and joined together to stop this deranged maniac then this child might have been saved, perhaps not.. I hate to think about the horrible life that he/she would have lived after this. The baby is at peace... We need to remember that.. And this scum wont ever hurt another person again... And I want you all to think about this.. Who knows how long this person had been hitting this child, it might have happened in the past... But it wont happen again.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lw2525

I just would have shot his knees/legs out first

So he can live to victimize innocent people again? Nah...killing this scum was the right thing to do.

Actually he probably would have been sent to the hospital, and then to jail for a long time after that.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

While that thought is very true. I believe alot of folks in this country are sick and tired of paying more per year to house scumbags like this than most of us make. Joe Arparo has the right idea. Pink jump suits and make them live in tents outside and eat bologna sandwiches three meals a day. As far as this goes. The officer did us all a great favor. 300,000 for a court trial, plus another quarter mill for appeals and then the medical costs of his 'treatment'. Yup, He done guuud!!!
Zindo

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

You're right, This officer not only the world a favour but did the tax payers one too.
It costs more than $1200 a day to keep an inmate in prison, And there's a good chance this maniac would have plead insanity or some other crap to try to get out of facing up to his awful crime.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This man seemed determined to kill this infant. This leaves me to wonder why. What happened in that pickup that caused this man to pull over on the side of the road and beat this child to death.

My open mind leaves me imagining all sorts of things. One of them reminds me of the movie 'The Omen'. What if this child was some sort of demon and this man saved the world from horrible torment from him.

I know this most likely isn't the case but I still have to wonder. I want to know more of the facts. Was this his child? Where were they going? Was the pickup a nice new pickup? Did he just finish purchasing gas which sent him into a rage? I need more information.

Ox

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
This man seemed determined to kill this infant. This leaves me to wonder why. What happened in that pickup that caused this man to pull over on the side of the road and beat this child to death.

My open mind leaves me imagining all sorts of things. One of them reminds me of the movie 'The Omen'. What if this child was some sort of demon and this man saved the world from horrible torment from him.

I know this most likely isn't the case but I still have to wonder. I want to know more of the facts. Was this his child? Where were they going? Was the pickup a nice new pickup? Did he just finish purchasing gas which sent him into a rage? I need more information.

Demon? Hello this is the really real world we're living in now, Thanks for playing but you're out of credits..

Get a grip son.. This man pulled this child out of this car and beat him to death.. he was intent on doing it.. it was his goal.. As for excuses... No need to make excuses for a maniac.

I paid $64 yesterday to fill my car up with gas and I didn't feel like beating anyone to death least of all my son who was safely sleeping in his car seat in the back of my Aztek. This murderer got what he deserved, that poor baby will never grow up, never learn to speak or tie their own shoes, they'll never get married of have kids of their own. This man murdered a defenseless, innocent child.... and there is no excuse for that.. There is NEVER an excuse for hurting a child.. No excuse is enough..

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Ox]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That doesn't mean that I don't want more information. I want to know what caused this man to pull over suddenly. Why did he take the child out of the car seat to beat him on the side of the road where everyone could see? Why not just beat him while he was in the carseat? I just want to know more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join