It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Kills Man Allegedly Beating Baby (update)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Officer Kills Man Allegedly Beating Baby

www.kcra.com

TURLOCK, Calif. -- A man who allegedly beat an infant to death in the middle of a roadway Saturday night was shot and killed by a Modesto tactical flight officer, police said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If you go on to read the entire story, you'll find that this man was kicking the baby in the head when the police helicopter arrived on scene, ground units were still minutes away, the officer shot and killed the man and has been placed on administrative leave.

If they do anything to this officer, it's total crap. He tried to save the baby's life.

www.kcra.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
queue cop haters:

Good job this offer did. I hope everything turns out okay for him

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Unbelievable....a guy beating a 1 -2 year old in the middle of a road, with people driving by...I wonder where the mother was and who the guy was who got shot...too bad he got off too easily, with a bullet.

I am sure there's no way this officer will be found to be in the wrong, even in California! That must have been a most sickening and horrendous sight to see. It's amazing the amount of barbarians we are turning out in this country.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Too bad the baby didn't survive. Call me an elitist, but all men of that caliber should be put down immediately for the sake of our species.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
As the father of an infant I applaude this officer. If anyone even LOOKED as if they were going to kick my son, I would shoot them without hesitation. The world needs more police like that.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hopefully I'm not being rude by saying this, but from my own exp., I've noticed that lower income and less educated people tend to breed the most, so my guess is that more of these barbarians are certain to come around.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I found this horrible that someone can do this kind of thing. It doesn't surprise me but I still find it horrible. If I was the officer I would have killed the man too. My question is with the witnesses that saw and allegedly tried to stop this man why none of them thought to crack this guys melon with a tire tool or a big stick. Surely if they tried to stop this man they could have.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

This is one time that I stand by the officer. Way to go.

If a man was beating my baby to death, I would want the same thing to happen to him.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
My question is with the witnesses that saw and allegedly tried to stop this man why none of them thought to crack this guys melon with a tire tool or a big stick. Surely if they tried to stop this man they could have.

I know I would. And I'm a small man. But, I'd rather have him beat on me than a freeking infant.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I don't much trust cops. But this is MORE THAN JUSTIFIED. I would have done the same thing. What a damned horrible thing to do...A poor defenseless infant. I would have shot him and done unspeakable damage to his dead ass afterward.

(If this is too strong I'm sorry. But death by cop isn't a bad enough punishment).

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I don't quite understand this. If a 1 or 2 year old was kicked in the head by an adult, wouldn't just 1 kick have killed him? The man kicked this baby in the head. Someone called 911. Then the police showed up and killed the man. Yet the baby was still alive?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
beautiful world we live in mates, the end is near, the end is near.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/6/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
queue cop haters:

Good job this offer did. I hope everything turns out okay for him

Seems like your prognostication is off. As I have said before, no one minds if the cops get heavy-handed with real criminals. A guy beating a baby to death shot and killed? I'm betting no one even raises an eyebrow on this one.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It's standard procedure for cops who are involved in a shooting to be placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.

By all accounts, the officer fired on the offender after ordering him to move away from the baby. When the offender refused and continued his assault, the officer fired.

There will be no punitive action taken against this officer if the accounts are accurate and there were many eyewitnesses.

It will be interesting to hear what the usual suspects have to say about this one.

If this had happened somewhere else besides California, an armed citizen might have been able to have saved the child's life.

[edit on 2008/6/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
You might judge me as a cop hater by some of my posts that oppose many police tactics. There are certainly times when scumbags need to be shot to death, this was one of them.
Anyone would have done the same thing, and at least this cop had the common sense to shoot to kill and ask questions later. I applaud him for his fortitude, and it's too bad he was too late, I'm sure the kid would have been saved if he could have gotten there in time.

What a sad thing this is, a only a demon could kick an infant in the head, all humanity had to have been removed from this individual to do such a thing, UNBELIEVABLE.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
If this had happened somewhere else besides California, an armed citizen might have been able to have saved the child's life.

Which is why I am all for the 2nd Amendment. It has nothing to do with hunting. If the citenzry could arm and defend themselves (without punitive damages) this baby might be alive today. And the cops wouldn't have to work so hard.

And before I hear it from anyone. Criminals have guns already. And they will always find ways of obtaining them.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If this is true, if this sick piece of filth was kicking a baby to death, then i fully support the officer who shot him. Good on the officer.

If police haters can't even see that this was a justified shooting, as long as the facts are correct and an infants life was in danger, then i think the police haters should just admit they hate anyone in a uniform no matter who it is. Another form of irrational hatred.

I've had some serious problems with some uses of weapons by police officers, tasres included. This one however i fully support as long as all the facts are correct.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Let's hope the bastard rots in hell.

Unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
A good cop doing his job.

I say job well done. Too bad nobody could have stepped in sooner. I know in my old haunts in Oklahoma if you were seen doing this it would mean a lead sandwich.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join