It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countries think the United States military is weak

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Im tired of people bashing our military for our recent outings in Iraq and Afghanistan.You hear statements your economy is gone,your still in a ground war,blah blah blah.In fact what other country IF they chose the way of our president would in fact have there military gone by now if they were there?In fact there is not anyone on this Earth that could do any better or actually close in a ground war.Sorry there isn't anyone that compete with the American military.Remember we the citizens didn't choose this war,but don't go bashing our military.So easy to make statements.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
then why havnt we won yet against a bunch of galabeyah wearing dudes with ak47's and homemade bombs?

victory is elusive and the definition of winning changes with every war.
defenders always have an advantage. believe me if all our troops were back here in the US and china or russia tried to attack us i believe you... wed totally destroy them.

but being spread over 150 countries launching wars of aggression that our own troops dont even believe in... the camel farmers with ak47's and homemede bombs will win no matter how many unnmaned drones or heat seaking missles we use.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
then why havnt we won yet against a bunch of galabeyah wearing dudes with ak47's and homemade bombs?

The bunch of galabeyah wearing dudes do not represent a military "armed force". Those are what is referred to as 'guerilla fighters'; Guerrilleros.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If anything the US military's problem is being too strong. It has so many options and such a huge inventory that 1) it can't afford to not be in a war, and 2) it can't do anything but invade and occupy, it has no finesse and by design is terrible at interfacing with diplomacy.

It's a military designed for occupation, like the roman legions. Don't be surprised if it always gets you in quagmires, it is what it is designed to do.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It sure seemed to me when I was in Iraq that we could have put an end to the violence quickly had we been allowed.

You don’t know the real mission objectives so you cant say that we are not winning.

If the objective is to create an Orwellian perpetual state of warfare for the control of society and the economy we (they) are winning.

If the goal is to kill hundreds of thousands of people with an exceedingly minimal loss of American lives, we have won many times over.

If the goal was to oust Saddam we have won.

If the goal was to lay the foundation for permanent bases in Iraq, we are winning.

If the goal was to scare the American people into accepting the fast erosion of our liberties and the protection of the Constitution, they have already won.

From where I sit it looks like “they” are winning at every endeavor they undertake.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by vinrock

well thats what modern warefare seems to be for the past 50 years.
the last "traditional" line up tanks and uniformed men and blow the crap out of each other type of war was korea.

in that case id say we would win if we had all of our troops back home.
if we were still spread to each corner of the wind id say russia or china could give us a run for our money. especially with chins sheer numbers.

...but the chinese would have to deal with americas guerillas

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

thats precisely the problem. why the hell are we over there? what is the goal?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
US military use their planes and helicopters too much, when it is safer for innocents to go in with soldiers. Well better for innocents, not for soldiers haha.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

EXACTLY.

Every American has a TV, a car, and a gun in the closet.

We know what is going on, where it is going on, we are mobile, well supplied and armed.

No EXTERNAL force can take us on home turf.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Unfortunately, America's Guerillas are busy fighting the illegal drug war in South America. We Americans DO need coc aine, ya'know.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
US military use their planes and helicopters too much, when it is safer for innocents to go in with soldiers. Well better for innocents, not for soldiers haha.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

And you know this how?

My boots were on the ground, bud, and we never got much help from birds. Helicopters are good for one thing: moving brass around.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinrock
Unfortunately, America's Guerillas are busy fighting the illegal drug war in South America. We Americans DO need coc aine, ya'know.

America's guerillas are sittin at home getting fat watching ATS and Fox News

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

Originally posted by vinrock

America's guerillas are sittin at home getting fat watching ATS and Fox News

Geez, I hope not. Stomping your feet and making angry faces won't do much when we need it.

As much as I love my country I do not have much faith in 'we the people' banding together and taking care of one another.

cavscout - Now, most of the time when I make a comment it's chiding to the subject; please don't take my talk as an attack or as me being sarcastic to the point of being demeaning. I'm just very cynical of the way things have been done in the past. And I do thank you for representing us in combat.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vinrock

well i cant speak for all of america but if someone from another country tried to come down here and tell people what to do i think there would be a good deal of 7.62x39 headed their way.

by the same token i cant imagine people in some north eastern suberb really putting up too much of a fight. but:

"if you dont control the whole thing you dont control nothin!"

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

It sure seemed to me when I was in Iraq that we could have put an end to the violence quickly had we been allowed.

You don’t know the real mission objectives so you cant say that we are not winning.

If the objective is to create an Orwellian perpetual state of warfare for the control of society and the economy we (they) are winning.

If the goal is to kill hundreds of thousands of people with an exceedingly minimal loss of American lives, we have won many times over.

If the goal was to oust Saddam we have won.

If the goal was to lay the foundation for permanent bases in Iraq, we are winning.

If the goal was to scare the American people into accepting the fast erosion of our liberties and the protection of the Constitution, they have already won.

From where I sit it looks like “they” are winning at every endeavor they undertake.

Extraordinarily well stated. Star for you, if it matters.

If the goal was to kill the bad guys and bring democracy to Afghanistan and then let it go back to hell just a few months before the elections, we have won that also.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Well for one, they hide behind there women and children. Position themselve's near, or in school's. Or they will just shoot at you from a mosque. Roadside bombs are alway's a plus.

They are very aware of how politically correct we are these day's. And they use it to their advantage.
I like to call it politically incorrect.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Every time I see this kind of stuff I think that maybe that's exactly what our top brass want. They want everyone to think they are weak, it's all about deception. I and many others know damn well we arn't using our best toys over there. Most people on this board know that the US has all kinds of wonderful things that the common man will never know about for another 20-30 years, all you have to do is look at history and whats been declassified so far.

Its an occupation, we are not in a full blown war with any country. Guerrilla wars usually turn out bad right? There's just no easy way to go about it, but somehow we always end up wiping thousands upon thousands (sometimes millions, ie Vietnam) of them out in the long run. I think if any country waged a traditional war with the US it would be a extremely one sided.

Thats why they threaten us with nukes or whatever other oddball horrible weapon some jackass scientist cooks up for them, because they know they can't win a "traditional" war. I think the pentagon is shifting towards the untraditional, because they know everyone is thinking outside the box when it comes to bringing us down.

Its like prison, the inmates just cant all get together and battle they're way out, it'll never work. And how many will go down trying? Prisoners think of all sorts of abstract ways to free themselves. Eventually somebody will find a weakness and exploit it, and thats exactly what our enemies are trying their very best to do today.

Im sure one day one of them will finally pull it off, China seems to be trying real hard nowadays and will probably be a cornerstone of our destruction when it finally happens.

But in the meantime, I think it helps quite a bit for our enemies to underestimate us. If they don't know what we have, they won't be trying to find ways to counter it. That can only be a plus for us right?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

You're wrong.

Everyone knows the might of our military.

Our enemies believe that our people are weak and cannot sustain a protracted war and heavy losses.

Vietnam and Lebanon are their inspiration. Democrats are their hope.

[edit on 2008/6/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Democrats are their hope.
[edit on 2008/6/15 by GradyPhilpott]

So Grady, from this I can assume that you think both FDR and JFK - both democrats as I'm sure you are aware - were weak presidents?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Your president has brought your country's economy almost to devastation and believe me when I say that we haven't seen the real consequences yet, because something really bad is about to come, not just for Americans, but for everyone.

We have seen what happened to Russia, after the Soviet Union collapsed. Their military strength deteriorated as a result of a lack of financial power.

I don't care whether you believe me or not as that is irrelevant, but the fact remains that a military like that of the US needs a strong financial backbone.

Over time power of the US army will fade away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join