It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smugglers Gave Nuke Plans to Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There something new every single day about Iran.This makes the stand with Iran a little more deeper if true.Maybe they already have the bomb.Makes sense why they keep refusing every deal with give them.

An international smuggling ring may have secretly shared blueprints for an advanced nuclear weapon with Iran, North Korea and other rogue countries, The Washington Post reported Sunday.
Related Articles

The smuggling ring was led by Pakistani scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan.

The now-defunct ring led by Pakistani scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan is previously known to have sold bomb-related parts to Libya, Iran and North Korea.

A draft report by former top U.N. arms inspector David Albright says the smugglers also acquired designs for building a more sophisticated compact nuclear device that could be fitted on a type of ballistic missile used by Iran and other developing countries, according to the Post.

The drawings were discovered in 2006 on computers owned by Swiss businessmen; they were recently destroyed by the Swiss government under the supervision of the U.N. nuclear watchdog agency to keep them out of terrorists' hands. But U.N. officials said they couldn't rule out that the material had already been shared.

"These advanced nuclear weapons designs may have long ago been sold off to some of the most treacherous regimes in the world," Albright wrote in the draft report, which was expected to be published later this week, the Post reported.

A spokesman for the Pakistani Embassy in Washington, Nadeem Kiani, did not rebut the report's findings.

"The government of Pakistan has adequately investigated allegations of nuclear proliferation by A.Q. Khan and shared the information with" the U.N.'s International Atomic Energy Agency, Kiani told the Post. "It considers the A.Q. Khan affair to be over."

www.time.com...

[edit on 15-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Greetings Alienstar,

It's a continual worry of mine, the level of technology regarding nuclear weapons that Iran has acquired. Of course, the level of technology necessary to assemble a working nuclear weapon doesn't go far beyond the acquisition of the material, but a sophisticated weapon that can be launched requires some doing.

Now, this is a little off-topic, but I think it needs to be asked: Why, if Iran has be supplied a "life-time" supply of material for their reactor, does Iran continue to operate centrifuges? I can only think of one answer, and it fills me with fear for the entire planet. I forget exactly how far Iran's latest missle test was reported to have traveled, but 2500 miles comes to mind. Not certain if that's an accurate figure. The IAEA has fallen down and are not getting back up, IMO. I think the world needs to watch them, figure out what they are doing, and prevent them from acquiring nuclear weapons. Of all the countries in this beautiful, bright, blue globe, I believe Iran's government is dedicated toward the idea of letting the big birds fly. It scares me, and I wish there were a consolidated world effort toward a nonmilitary solution. I think Iran doesn't have the bomb yet, but is on the cusp of it. I think if they had it, stuff would have blown up.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
They don't have to go much farther then Israel or any other sovereign allied country.Its funny people in Europe thinks this is about oil or just attacking a unprovoked nation with the question "they only have a nuclear reactor" "why would u care"?Its about a terroristic country,with the ability at any given moments notice,to rain on your parade with warheads or on your homeland.I wonder how the UK or France would feel if they parked one someplace in there government buildings.

new topics

join