It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mad Mad House

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Did anyone see Mad Mad House on Sci-fi tonight? I think it has promise. The concept is cool...putting a bunch of conservatives and christian fundies in a house with some weird people or "alts". I especially like the vampire.

I did find it shameful that only 3 of the 9 people would take part in the voodoo ceremony. The refuse to step out of their little bubbles and experience something new. Oh well, I guess that's what the show's about.

One thing that did piss me off is that the first person to get kicked off the show was the black guy....typical.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Search: www.belowtopsecret.com...

So my gf taped it and we watched it this weekend. We couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous EVERYONE in the show is. It is hilarious even though that is not the shows intension. Take a bunch of religious freaks, anoying people and a red neck and throw them in a house with the diverse hosts.

I was having a good giggle watching the vampire's expressions; they were just classicly goofy! I use to know people that were just like this (slept in coffins) back when I was a regular on the NYC underground club scene. No matter how many times I see it, I always have to shake my head.

My favorite was Avacado! How that hell can he name himself that and not laugh every time someone calls his name! "I'm sorry, what was your name again....guacamole....enchelada.....Taco Bell?"

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I watched it and I loved the show. It was a good premise. Yeah, I felt sorry for the black guy. He got screwed by the priestess and the white guy who gave his word that he "had his back."

I mean, I can understand why HE didn't take part in the ceremony. That African voodoo stuff is what got us blacks the curse of God which was 400 years of slavery. But, she particularly did him in b/c he would not partake while others didn't as well.

Bitch.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
For some reason Colonel i see a dark cloud gathering over this little thread now

i think others are gonna come say stuff about racism. But me as you know will

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
For some reason Colonel i see a dark cloud gathering over this little thread now

i think others are gonna come say stuff about racism. But me as you know will

No racism. That's what happened on the show. The black guy went to the white guy for protection and the white guy said, (paraphrasing)"If you are on the cutting block, I got your back." When the time came, the white guy cut the black guy. He backstabbed him. That's what happened and that pissed me off.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Yeah i know but other members will think differently they may think you are trying to....well nuff said.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Let them think what they want. You know I never cared. Its what happened on the show and no matter how mcuh they want to bitrch and moan they can't deny the fact.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
K we'll have to wait and see from replies anyway.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The Priestess DID single out and pick on that guy for one reason. She said so.

As for the guy who backstabbed, I think that was because the other girl was cuter than the first guy... not lighter. He was just trying to get some. He still lied and backstabbed, but you know how it is.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
[He backstabbed him. That's what happened and that pissed me off.

Isnt that all part of the show?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
The Priestess DID single out and pick on that guy for one reason. She said so.

As for the guy who backstabbed, I think that was because the other girl was cuter than the first guy... not lighter. He was just trying to get some. He still lied and backstabbed, but you know how it is.

True, the guy who had to make the choice picked the girl over the black guy, not because of race, but because she was a hot chick. Also, she was a christian fundie like him.

That was a bit unfair of the Voodoo woman to pick on him like that. They should have gotten rid of the guy who was obviously there for the money (aka willing to do anything no matter how shocking it is). It makes for better television if all the contestants have some problem with what they have to do.

PS- Does anyone actually think that was real blood they were wading around it?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

That was a bit unfair of the Voodoo woman to pick on him like that. They should have gotten rid of the guy who was obviously there for the money (aka willing to do anything no matter how shocking it is). It makes for better television if all the contestants have some problem with what they have to do.

I think I have ot agree with you on this. I don't like the Voodoo woman at all now. I mean, he TRIED to relate with her after the ceremoy but that still didn't matter. She's a jerk.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I think I have ot agree with you on this. I don't like the Voodoo woman at all now. I mean, he TRIED to relate with her after the ceremoy but that still didn't matter. She's a jerk.

Oh, but it was the SPIRITS that told her to vote the guy off. Right....the spirits.....HA!

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

No it wasn't. The consistency was all wrong. Errrr...not that I would know anything about that.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well that episode was fun. I really hated Kelly (It's just like I'm back in school, WAAAAAA!) but I wish they had gotten rid of that sanctimonious prick whashisname. The one who said it was alright to look at naked people because he wasn't "lusting after them". God I hate fundamentalist conservatives. Why is he (and Lonna) even on the show if he's not going to participate in anything?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Cute show....but the vamp looks a little too dorky for me, hehe.... You can tell that without the schtick make-up effects, he'd be in the AV club....

I LOVE the witch's outfits though.... That white pentagram with the bare midrif underneath.....cool.
She can cast a spell on .....(wha? oh, nothing hun....)

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I was laughing my @ss off with last nights episode. They voted Kelly off and she had a hysterical fit. Funniest reality show ever!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I liked last nights show.

My favorite part was when the witch had the girls out half naked and the guy asked "so let me see if I got this right, we can join you but we have to get drunk and rub you?"

Why cant I ever get a job like that......LOL

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I miss the over weight girl!
Sure she was annoying, but that is really entertaining sometimes. Did anyone see when she got drunk and started barking at the dog? Brilliant!

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I like that show. I like the naturist the best. the vampire and tatoo guy are cool too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join