It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CEOs Still Getting Big Bucks Despite a Slowed Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

CEOs Still Getting Big Bucks Despite a Slowed Economy

www.foxnews.com

NEW YORK — As the American economy slowed to a crawl and stockholders watched their money evaporate, CEO pay still chugged to yet more dizzying heights last year, an Associated Press analysis shows.

The AP review of compensation for the heads of companies in the Standard & Poor's 500 index finds the median pay package added up to nearly $8.4 million. That's a comfortable gain of about $280,000 from 2006.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You know Im all for a free market and government staying out of your business but seeing crap like this really ticks my off. Where is the sacrifice. You lat off thousands and cut wages but still pay yourselves the HUGE dollars. People wonder what happened to America its greed and seeing this go on just grosses me out. These same banks are borrowing all sorts of cheap money that I have to pay for via the inflation tax essentially bailing these banks out but yet they can continue with the huge salaries. Something has to change...I know its a slippery slope telling people what to be paid but when its me paying for it in an indirect way then we should have some say.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-6-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I cant believe more people arent jumping on this....I guess the status quo is good for everyone of we are all making way to much money to care.

new topics

join