It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters greet Bush's UK visit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Protesters greet Bush's UK visit

news.bbc.co.uk

US President George Bush has begun a two-day visit to the UK as part of his final European tour before he leaves office in January
Mr Bush's visit was met by vocal anti-war protesters in central London.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
"George Bush - terrorist"!!!!
What for??? for going to war with a country who attacked his own, killing thousands.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

So your saying Iraq was responsible for the twin tower attacks ?

If you are i must strongly disagree with you.

Or are you talking about Afghanistan ?

Another blunder by the bush admin.

Wake up guy.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 15-6-2008 by h3akalee]

CX

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by orby1976

What for??? for going to war with a country who attacked his own, killing thousands.

Whats the motto of ATS?

I see you have a few points here on ATS, so i won't jump to conclusions quite yet. However your comments there do strike me as coming from someone who has lived in a cave for the past few years, and who has not read anything on this site.

No offence meant by that, i simply mean, have you really no idea why people are so angry at Bush and his administration?

CX.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Terrorist....

For starting a war for oil using the world trade centers as an excuse...

For sending troops there who have died for this oil...

(In England) For Blair following the relationship with America sending in men who have died...

For starting a war which has led to the death of many more civillians thanh the attacks on 11/9 (or 9/11 for Americans)

Just as a start of course, there are many other reasons... they are not saying he is the stereotype terrorist who blows himself up in a town.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by umbr45]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
of course, the british people over here, many didn't want this war, me for one, but we are a great if not the greatest friend to America. And that alliance lead us to war with America and the war on terrorism.
I know all the spins about oil money and power etc.
I just think it's wrong to label Mr Bush "A TERRORIST".

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The demonstrations were much smaller than previous visits. This is not because the people have forgiven him, but because the people know he's a lame duck, on his way out of office. He's the most hated man in the world and you know what? I don't think he gives a dam.

The Queen still loves him though, they had afternoon tea
Then Bush skipped across London to have dinner with Gormless Gordon brown, Rupert Murdoch and all the other maniacs who are responsible for the worlds ills.

I wonder what they were talking about? Not the peoples interests, that's for sure. I hope that murdering son of a bitch never steps in this country again.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

on that Great logic
bush the Great Savior of the Iraqi people for going in as the Knight in white armour
should also be riding his trusty stead into Durfar where millions are displaced and thousends killed.
he should also have zimbawaie on his list aswell and Burma.

i mean come on if Georgy went into Iraq to save the people then he should show the rest of the world that is his true intentions and go into those countries aswell.

pathetic

Bush is a Moron, single handedly he destroyed the image of his country and put it into hard times.

he has caused more harm in Iraq

maybe you should be in Iraq
since you think its justified with all the people on that line

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So what you are all saying is, that you all believe 100% the 9/11 conspiracy, how the american government blew up the twin towers for reasons like, it would have cost millions to remove all the asbestos etc.
I heard all the debates read all the threads visited most of the sites, but it is what it is, a conspiracy. And until there is 100% proof Bush was involved, i'd like to carry on thinking my brother died nearly three years ago doing his patriotic duty. And not because of some lies and an excuse to goto war over money and power.

[edit on 07/06/2008 by orby1976]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Amen and starred. I am sorry about your brother.

I'm listening to President Bush's interview to British media, it is actually quite powerful and moving.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

nope buts 100% proof it wasnt the Iraqis

and i hate conspirices and dont believe in that rubbish.

9/11 = done by products of years of stupid forign policies and arming groups for ones agenda.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Amen and starred. I am sorry about your brother.

I'm listening to President Bush's interview to British media, it is actually quite powerful and moving.

Thanks infinite, that means alot

[edit on 07/06/2008 by orby1976]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Bush and Blair have been the orchestrators of a war.
Not for oil or for power or even for the cause of freedom, but they orchestrated this war for a legacy.
Bush wanted to finish what his dad started and to also make sure he left a legacy and was remembered in years to come.
His initial intention may have been to be remembered for bringing peace to the middle east or for saving the lives of innocent people or for stopping terrorism, however it has turned out totally wrong and in his quest to be remembered he has made a large amount of terrible discisions that have cost many lives.
Blair is just as bad.

Bush is not a terrorist but a dangerously mis-guided person who was afforded to much power and has abused his position, a position that the people who elected him trusted him to uphold with honour and with best interests of the people at heart, and not to abuse for his own ambtions.

In other words Bush and Blair aren't terrorists, but between them they have caused just as many deaths.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Firstly sorry about your brother. He did die doing his patriotic duty I am sure, I do not think America caused this themselves (The government I mean). I merely think this was a good excuse to go to war in the middle east trying to secure oil...err I mean freedom.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I don't see how this is news worthy. What's tomorrow's headline? SUN RISE'S ON EASTERN HORIZON: Analysts predict it will set below the western horizon sometime this evening!

As for the Iraq war... if I could go back I'd be against it. Not that I ever voted for it or donated any money to it anyway. Of-course I can't go back so wishing the past was different is pointless. If anything Bush's administration is criminally incompetent. Rumsfield should be in prison or living on the street as punishment for the problems his smug demands on the war's execution have caused.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by orby1976

Neither Afghanistan, or Iraq, attacked the United States of America in any way, shape or form.

What a curious thing to say....

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Bush faces protests nearly everywhere he goes. I wonder why it is so rarely reported.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Whatever you believe about 9/11, terrorist act, inside job, or gross negligence, the fact still remains, 9/11 can not be used to justify going to war with Iraq, they had nothing to do with it. WMDs can not be used to justify going to war with Iraq, they never had them nor were they planning on using any against the "free world".

So, why did Bush start a war that has no justification, that continues to cost the lives of Allied forces and innocent Iraqi people, is a drain on taxpayers money, and has put the world in a state of fear? That sounds like a terrorist act to me.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

what for? LOL Cos he's a murderous gangsta.

"Bush Bush we know you,daddy was a killer too"

The iraq war was piggy backed in on the failure of the Afghanistan 9/11 "war"

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Want to know why the protests receive so little coverage?

Look who came to dinner with bush and brown.

None other than Rupert Murdoch amongst others....

As for orby1976 - I'm sorry for your loss, but neither Iraq nor Afghanistan attacked the US.

Al qaeda is pretty much a US invention - it has several meanings, including "the database" "the foundation" and "the basis" and is the term given to an alleged organisation so that OBL could be tried for the US embassy bombings in 1998.

Osama bin laden has always denied involvement in the 911 attacks.

As for Iraq - there were no WMDs - this has been admitted by bush.

The Taliban and OBL were originally trained and armed by the CIA to fight against the russians and the alleged links with "al qaeda" have never been proven.

Basically we are fighting on 2 fronts so that bush and his mates can get rich.

It sucks - but the curious nature of your first post indicates a lack of understanding of what's really going on, both by yourself and most of the population.

Please don't fall for their propaganda.

top topics

join