It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When We Left Earth Documentary - Discovery Channel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hi All,

Anyone interested in the space exploration who doesn't already know, there's a new documentary series on Discovery channel Sunday evenings at 9pm EST "Called When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions. " I didn't see the one before, about the Mercury missions but I heard from a buddy that it was very interesting and told some little known facts of went on behind the scenes.

I know there's a lot of skepticism about NASA on this site but regardless of how you feel about NASA I heard this series was truly fascinating and a must see.

Tonight they are doing the Apollo Missions

In celebration of NASA's 50th Anniversary, Discovery Channel has partnered with NASA to produce an epic new series that will explore the missions...

Here's the link to it on Discovery:
dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Here's some more information about the show:

When We Left Earth is a six-part series by the way...

The miniseries got its start when Discovery embarked upon a project to archive old NASA footage in a high-definition format as a commemoration of the agency's 50th anniversary.

It evolved, following in the footsteps of last year's successful Planet Earth, into an ambitious, high-profile HD miniseries. When We Left Earth is very watchable, especially for space junkies who will dig the never-before-seen clips of astronauts.

news.cnet.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

hello Late long time no see

I will check the series out since I am very interested in this subject and see what I can pick up and also if they add something new or interesting to liven things up.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Don't miss the final two episodes of the Discovery Channel series When We Left Earth this Sunday, June 22, at 9PM! For the space program's 50th anniversary, NASA has unlocked it's vaults to reveal mission and training footage completely restored and remastered for this limited HD television experience. For more info, visit:
dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Don't miss the final two episodes of the Discovery Channel series When We Left Earth this Sunday, June 22, at 9PM! For the space program's 50th anniversary, NASA has unlocked it's vaults to reveal mission and training footage completely restored and remastered for this limited HD television experience. For more info, visit:
dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
A fabulous series!! Love it greatly. It's very refreshing to see the higher resolution things as well as info that I hadn't heard before.

top topics

join