It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Gorillas as well, and many of the old-time dinosaurs were vegan. Corpsearians can't grasp that fact because they need to believe they are doing themselves good by eating corpses. I used to do it, and in large amounts. But take away the seasoning of the "meat" and you get something totally different. The brahmins of India have it right, and most of the higher-caste there have never even touched meat (the real untouchable!), and their culture has produced many of the most prized human studies as well as some of the best readily available food. Vegans usually have a weak spot for good Indian restaurants (I like mine mild, not spicy).
edit on 24-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Gorillas as well, and many of the old-time dinosaurs were vegan. Corpsearians can't grasp that fact because they need to believe they are doing themselves good by eating corpses. I used to do it, and in large amounts. But take away the seasoning of the "meat" and you get something totally different. The brahmins of India have it right, and most of the higher-caste there have never even touched meat (the real untouchable!), and their culture has produced many of the most prized human studies as well as some of the best readily available food. Vegans usually have a weak spot for good Indian restaurants (I like mine mild, not spicy).
edit on 24-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

Yes I forgot Gorillas, I love them they are so strong and so gently - yes they are vegan. Plus dinosaurs [ many of them] so true. You make some great points,
edit on 24-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Helen...did you even READ what I posted?

I never said that Horses as they exist today eat meat.

I DID say...and this is a FACT that you can easily look up on the internet....that Horses evolved from an ancestor that was Omniverous and did eat meat.

It is also a FACT that any animal that has Canine Teeth had an ancient ancestor that was either Carniverous or Omniverous.

Canine Teeth are specific for killing prey and if an animal has them even if that animal...such as horses...is curently a Herbivore...the ancestor it evolved from had to be either Omniverous or Herbiverous.

I have not stated anything false here and the fact you say I have means you are either too stuborn to have actually read what I posted or you are doing this on purpose for a reason I can not fathom.

Please be an adult.

Split Infinity

sorry I confused you with strafgod - who said this. I apologise .

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

You know you continue to say that I said that Horses eat meat when I said their ancestor which they evolved from at one time did eat meat and that the existence of Canine Teeth is proof of this.

Anyone here can read my posts and see this for themselves.

Then you have the the sheer stupidity to threaten to report me to the Mods when if you did this it is YOU who would be chastised as you are making something up which again...ANYONE can read my posts and see you are either LYING or simply a person who is so driven by a belief that they ignore reality and make up a reality of their own.

It is just sad that you cannot debate in a civilized manner but instead prefer to allow your beliefs and emotions to govern your behavior.

Please stop LYING.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Apology accepted.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

You know you continue to say that I said that Horses eat meat when I said their ancestor which they evolved from at one time did eat meat and that the existence of Canine Teeth is proof of this.

Anyone here can read my posts and see this for themselves.

Then you have the the sheer stupidity to threaten to report me to the Mods when if you did this it is YOU who would be chastised as you are making something up which again...ANYONE can read my posts and see you are either LYING or simply a person who is so driven by a belief that they ignore reality and make up a reality of their own.

It is just sad that you cannot debate in a civilized manner but instead prefer to allow your beliefs and emotions to govern your behavior.

Please stop LYING.

Split Infinity

calm down dear !!! I said sorry
peace

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I replied before your post was on my screen.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This thread is based on false assumptions that because we don't salivate over eating pig butt hole raw we must not be meat eaters. The fact is humans are the most intelligent life form on this planet and have been for many thousands of years - the society, knowledge and rituals we follow like being selective and cooking our food are a result of this fact not the other way around.

I am having a hard time trying to find a king or pharaoh that was a vegan - so the class of person that wants for nothing and is served anything still hungers for meat, no advertising or hormones required.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
yes man was created perfect, but WE were created with free will as well, WE chose to disobey, and in the disobedience we made OURSELVES an abomination in the eyes of GOD.(i know not every one, there was Noah,but for the sake of the example go with it).
GOD resented creating man

(due to the abominations which we created and the abominable things we did....
Gen 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.)

after the fall of man there was a lot of corruption.....due to that corruption came the flood.
now, how the flood happened was due to the fountains of the GREAT deep breaking forth, not just deep but GREAT deep
(underground water caverns which were discovered not too far back)
and the windows of heaven were opened, now for this part there is a group in the scientific community that has found ICE in space (outer space) and have put a theory out, that the earth had a shell or shield made of ice
which was destroyed by asteroids (look on the far side of the moon for craters).

(also thermodynamics comes into play since ICE coming into the atmosphere melts and becomes rain then a whole slew of problems like storms and Blizzards, *Ice Ages*, and ELEs *extinction level events, you know icky stuff)

It has also been theorized that the earth had an Oxygen rich atmosphere (which would explain giant humanoid skeletal remains, giant dinosaurs, giant trees, research the effects of Oxygen rich atmosphere on plants, one research group grew GIANT tomatoes).

so when the ICE blanket that shielded the earth was opened (forcefully i might add), the Oxygen levels started to drop. The drop in Oxygen effected the longevity of man, which can be seen if you look at the generations from Noah to Abram (Abraham).

OK, now for the Carnivore, herbivore, omnivore part of the rant,
In an Oxygen rich environment, our bodies are able to work more efficiently and the plants are more nutritious(which help our bodies), fish are healthier and grow bigger, animals and insects too.

On the other side, in an environment with low Oxygen the effects are seen , plants grow stunted fish and insects
too, but what about man???

YEP! Man too, as you know man needs Oxygen to survive for breathing
but not only that imagine, plants produce all the food for Herbivores, and we eat the Herbivores and the plants

(after the flood GOD to Noah, Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. then He told Moses that only certain animals and if you follow the depletion of Oxygen from the atmosphere you'd understand that some animals become unhealthy or their chemical composition changes due to the lack of Oxygen. ex when we run we deplete our oxygen and our body produces an acid?!?)

why would we need to eat animals now if we were created perfect? (see reference to Oxygen) because a variable changed in our environment....now our body would have a greater time processing plants than we did before, and certain animals wouldn't. We get this B12 thingy from fish and supplements and there are some plants that produce it.
It would be difficult for our bodies to process it from the plants but since we are more compatible to animals than plants (like cannibals, eating human flesh is easier to digest, but instead we eat chicken since it's easier than eating a plant but not as sinful/wrong/evil as killing/eating a human).
in a Oxygen RICH environment our bodies would be able to easily process plant matter to were we'd be able to extract the B12 vit without difficulty as well as all other vitamins and minerals, not only US but the other animals as well.

SIDE NOTE:
Being created perfect and make stupid decisions can't really be compared either, since freewill is given to all, a decision to do evil/wrong is neither a matter of Perfection or Imperfection since you can commit do good and it be imperfect (try to save a life and fail) and do evil and be perfect. (try to take a life), it all comes down to choice, God chose Noah to continue Humanity, not because he was PERFECT or imperfect but because he was RIGHTEOUS!!!

*no i'm not religious, but i believe that Having morals builds a more civil society*

research the Hovind Theory, without a bias

If something was incorrectly mentioned please inform me

Deut 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Chemical reactions are a funny thing...
edit on 18-2-2013 by ss830 because: double posting

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Danger Girl
Our bodies are designed to eat grains and plants.
So why do we eat meat?
When did we start doing it and why?
Will we be healthier if we stop?

We were designed to eat certain types of meat (cow, chicken, deer, buffalo, quall, pheasant, top feeding fish, lamb, goat, turkeys etc.)

We were not designed to eat other types of meat (pig, shrimp, lobster, crab, bottom feeding fish, oysters, horses, camels).

see Deuteronomy 14 for more details and a complete list from the Creator of mankind.

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Go tell the Inuit your news.
I'm sure they'll be excited about going vegan.
As soon as they can figure out where to find some meatless seals and caribou.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

ElohimJD

Danger Girl
So why do we eat meat?

We were designed to eat certain types of meat (cow, chicken, deer, buffalo, quall, pheasant, top feeding fish, lamb, goat, turkeys etc.)

We were not designed to eat other types of meat (pig, shrimp, lobster, crab, bottom feeding fish, oysters, horses, camels).

see Deuteronomy 14 for more details and a complete list from the Creator of mankind.

God Bless,

Oh no, religion has reared, the battle of the Bible. It depends on what the meaning of is "is". Do you take a newer law or do you go straight to the first thing God told man. The first thing out of his mouth, if you believe in the mouth of God. "Here guys, let me show you what food to eat here in paradise. You've got your seeds, you've got your seed-bearing plants, so yeah, maybe seeds, leaves, and fruit covers it." And that covers a wide swat of territory of flavors, seasonings, nutrients, oils, textures - and as long as you don't mix meat into it you've got yourself the paradise diet.
edit on 3-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
All I gotta say is we can do better. I give my hat to anybody rejecting meat. It's noble. It's heroic. It's humane. I just am not sure if it's wise.

Bottom line, I'd not kill a chicken to eat it. So I probably shouldn't eat it. If eating meat is a sin then I am a sinner. I am kind of like Aaron who helped the people make idols. When Moses came down and ask Aaron Why??? He said something like "They made me do it!" I'm a coward and a spineless man like Aaron.

There's an amount of "I want to be like everybody else." when you eat meat. There's a kind of satisfaction you're doing what others think you should.

I hope I'd be like one of those sinners on hte cross who would seek redemption in his final moments and perhaps if he's lucky he's forgiven;.

Maybe just taking our first breath is when we become condemned. Maybe this life is the essence of evil and we just don't know it or lie about it. Sometimes I think to myself that considering the state of the universe and the conditions we live in, any true innocent self-less person would have chosen to die.

Of course it's nihilst to think that way, but if I'm going to hit in the big leagues then I have to be straight and not hide anything. Deep in my gut, behind all the glamor and BS, the truth is I feel this universe and this life is, in some way, evil. Maybe I'm just realizing there's no such thing as pure goodness. Maybe I half expected to find out everything was peachy, kind of like how a child assumes things are innocent. As I grow older I see tough choices and bad deals and selfishness and vanity.
edit on 4-12-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

slackerwire
Uh, humans have canine teeth why then?

Humans are omnivores.

The canines are for eating flesh of the fruit.

The 'maans' in Sanskrit mostly refers to flesh of fruits.

Humans cannot digest raw meat. This is the biggest reason humans were not designed for eating meat.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

jonnywhite
All I gotta say is we can do better. I give my hat to anybody rejecting meat. It's noble. It's heroic. It's humane. I just am not sure if it's wise.

Bottom line, I'd not kill a chicken to eat it. So I probably shouldn't eat it. If eating meat is a sin then I am a sinner. I am kind of like Aaron who helped the people make idols. When Moses came down and ask Aaron Why??? He said something like "They made me do it!" I'm a coward and a spineless man like Aaron.

There's an amount of "I want to be like everybody else." when you eat meat. There's a kind of satisfaction you're doing what others think you should.

I hope I'd be like one of those sinners on hte cross who would seek redemption in his final moments and perhaps if he's lucky he's forgiven;.
edit on 3-12-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

The humans are different from animals. You can think and write, which is quite different from animals. Though your biology is similar, still the differences are stark.

God designed you for a different and higher purpose. You must reflect what that purpose is?

Eating meat is sin. Jesus was born in a meat eating society, though that society used meat much less than today. There were a lot of problems that Jesus thought were more important than food, and he addressed those first. Unfortunately he did not have much time as his life was cut short.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Why is it no matter what the topic it's only a matter of time before Christians start bringing god into everything? Can't you people even go 24 hours without quoting Jesus?

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

ElohimJD

Danger Girl
So why do we eat meat?

God Bless,

one more reason not to accept the Abrahamic deities world view...he's anti-bacon. anyone who doesn't like bacon isn't worth knowing let alone worshipping.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Danger Girl

Wow this has to be the dumbest comparison i think ive ever seen. But in the spirit of your chart i decided to compare a carnivore to an omnivore and lets see which one we are the most like shall we.

Ok for are carnivore Dionaea muscipula and for our omnivore Ursus americanus.

Carnivore Dionaea muscipula -digestive enymes quinones non acidic

Ominore Ursus americanus -Alkaline based acid

Homo Sapiens -Alkaline based acid

Carnivore Dionaea muscipula -alternate energy source sunlight

Ominore Ursus americanus -Pick nick baskets

Homo Sapiens -the ones who create pick nick baskets to eat

Carnivore Dionaea muscipula -Fibrous non fleshy skin

Ominore Ursus americanus -Non fibrous fleshy skin

Homo Sapiens -Non fibrous fleshy skin

Carnivore Dionaea muscipula -Digestive tract none

Ominore Ursus americanus -Digestive tract consists of stomach and intestines

Homo Sapiens -Digestive tract consists of stomach and intestines

Carnivore Dionaea muscipula -protection from cold none

Ominore Ursus americanus -protection from cold maintains internal heat by the use of fur

Homo Sapiens -protection from cold maintains internal heat by the use of fur usually from another animal but we have hair as well.

So as we see we are more like a bear then a venus fly trap so obviously we must be an omnivore. Please note the absurdity of this because you need to realize you can compare any two things in the world and make a stupid list. Fact is your list is wrong in several major factors are intestines arent long enough to process most grains. Are saliva is indeed more acidic then an herbivore and we also have an enzyme in our saliva to break down fat herbivores dont. Herbivores do not have incisors and canines those are your front teeth.And the molars we have are a cross between carnivores and herbivores there not flat with a grinding surface like herbivores.

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61 >>

join