It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trackhunter
Reply to post by tetra50

Food are being mass produced nowadays if meat was not designed to be consumed by humans then the meat, fish and poultry industries wouldn't be there, would they ? In this modern age food isn't about survival its cuisine.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

sorry, disagree. it's totally about manipulating your response for future events, and your own slavery

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ok. Since we've had the whole herbivore, omnivore, carnivore talk.. Time to introduce something new...

The frugivore.

Yes, that actually exists. And I would say, that's what humans are.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by tetra50

What does eating has to do with slavery ?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by vasaga
Just because you can eat something, doesn't mean you should. Maybe horses do eat meat on occasion. If you give it, it'll probably eat it. If you give a dog a hamburger, chances are it'll also eat the bread, lettuce and tomatoes. If a horse is starving in the middle of a desert, and all there is, is a piece of meat, it'll eat it as a last resort, just like humans would eat anything in extreme situations. These scenarios don't make dogs herbivores, horses omnivores nor humans carnivores. I can eat plastic. Does that mean I should? Does that make me a plastivore?

Can we at least agree on this?
- Herbivores have canines
- What you should eat is primarily determined by your intestine, not by what you can and have put in your mouth.

I post this, as I have previously, begging you to think about how you are manipulated by not only your perceived need to eat, but what is made available to you, and what this accomplishes......

What if you arrived here, previously, having no need to eat, whatsoever.....why is no one asking that question?
Do we truly need to take the life of something else to survive, and if we do not, then why are we in a manipulated situation, where it seems and our experience of it, is that we need to?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

This might be a weird argument but, if we didn't need to eat, why are there fruits?

Aside from that, I have read about people who supposedly do not eat or drink anything, and survive simply by solar energy, and some even without anything at all, like this guy. I would love that, since it gives freedom, not needing to drink or eat anything.. How much less worrysome our lives would be... But, I'm not certain that it is true, nor do I have any idea how to achieve such a thing if it were possible. So... Where does that leave me?

Edit:
Here's a link to the whole eating meat thing, why we have a certain type of acid that a lot of people claim is for meat while it isn't, and some other stuff.. Have fun.

Were Humans Meant to Eat Meat?
edit on 20-1-2013 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

This might be a weird argument but, if we didn't need to eat, why are there fruits?

Aside from that, I have read about people who supposedly do not eat or drink anything, and survive simply by solar energy, and some even without anything at all, like this guy. I would love that, since it gives freedom, not needing to drink or eat anything.. How much less worrysome our lives would be... But, I'm not certain that it is true, nor do I have any idea how to achieve such a thing if it were possible. So... Where does that leave me?

Edit:
Here's a link to the whole eating meat thing, why we have a certain type of acid that a lot of people claim is for meat while it isn't, and some other stuff.. Have fun.

Were Humans Meant to Eat Meat?
edit on 20-1-2013 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

Hmmmm. I wish this were about having fun, really. What is you thought the consciousness of your children were put in cattle? Get what I am saying? This subject is anything but fun for me. But each to his own.
Nor do I wish, really, to investigate enzymes, etc. Because, in the end, it is still information put out there to back up, well, whatever, whomever wishes to back up whatever it wishes to make of us. If you have read my posts, you understand what I am saying here. Eating, in and of itself, is part of the mass conspiracy to make of us whatever has us in this prison chooses, to justify putting us here and doing with us what it wishes....at least, that is the estimation of my many lives' experiences. so,thanks for the link, but this is not something I will be researching....it got my attention because I am a former horsetrainer, and know inherently that horses are not meat eaters......

That said, the others' modern interpretation and how that has changed since this animals' inception, combined with the debate about eating horsemeat, in the larger picture, seems to reaffirm for me that what is going on, from our survival and very biology, is very much predicated and manipulated, in the interests, totally, entirely and completely, to achieve complete CONTROL. Nothing less and nothing more. And put it in our faces as it does this to us.....sadistic sociopathy at its most elemental, if you ask me. But then, no one gave me a choice, at least I don't remember if they did....

On a more particular point, why does eating meat have a damn thing to do with eating fruit, by the way.....
Just because there are fruit trees, then so there are animals, and you are hungry??? Don't get me wrong....my point is we should not be judged for what we eat, as the need and the solution are both put before us, but....
I don't see your correlation, logically....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Ah. But the things after the edit were in a general sense, not specifically for you. The ones before the edit, were.

In any case.. The reason why I gave that argument regarding fruits is, that I see that we are a part of nature, and fruits generally suit us very well. It seems as if the world has been designed in a way, that plants can provide food for other beings (including us), while at the same time the plant themselves can remain unharmed by consuming these fruits, and these beings that consume the fruit are actually helping the plants and their reproduction out, by spreading seeds around.

Also, I apologize, but I do not get what you mean in general. You're talking about control. Is this related to only eating meat, or eating anything? You say there's a conspiracy. Are you talking about keeping our energy levels down so our consciousness does not grow, so that we remain trapped in this physical reality, and that our negativity can be used as a source for other beings? Or are you talking about something else?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

Ah. But the things after the edit were in a general sense, not specifically for you. The ones before the edit, were.

In any case.. The reason why I gave that argument regarding fruits is, that I see that we are a part of nature, and fruits generally suit us very well. It seems as if the world has been designed in a way, that plants can provide food for other beings (including us), while at the same time the plant themselves can remain unharmed by consuming these fruits, and these beings that consume the fruit are actually helping the plants and their reproduction out, by spreading seeds around.

Also, I apologize, but I do not get what you mean in general. You're talking about control. Is this related to only eating meat, or eating anything? You say there's a conspiracy. Are you talking about keeping our energy levels down so our consciousness does not grow, so that we remain trapped in this physical reality, and that our negativity can be used as a source for other beings? Or are you talking about something else?

I took time and reread what you wrote--before the edit.

and how right you are. I concur, about the freedom of not eating, but for more reasons than to be free from the worry, and that brings us to your question of me, about the supposed,(what I asserted), conspiracy of what we eat and how it is used against us.

The greatest control over any living population, or population of living, is putting us in an environement where in order to have the energy to continue on we must steal the energy of another living thing--ergo, eating....
If we were made to do without this-- in any number of ways, say as, epiphytes, like ferns that draw their sustenance from the very air around them--but later controlled and then seduced by the pleasure of the taste
and the very necessity of it added to our culture, i.e., breaking bread, sharing meals as a family as a way of connected emotionally, etc.--think you get my point here---then it becomes downright healthy to do the unhealthiest of things, by another vaunted hypocrisy in our culture, to murder another life and consume it for our very survival....
Get where I am going here? Some believe plants have consciousness; many believe animals do....
There is no greater unification of a populous as to introduce to them a taboo, and them unite them in going against it to engender their survival--i.e. cannabalism

After you have them in that cabal, you can require they do almost anything as a group, to perpetuate, name what is healthy, etc.... The advertising that would accompany, which most of us agree our other forms of entertainment are generally used for this advertising to be available and take affect upon us as a group and individuals through our exposure to it, by way of being entertained, or even being "connected" in such a way as to earn a living, and further survive...., that advertising would reinforce with its obvious inculcation that we have both broken the taboo, we needed to do so to survive and have pleasure, and that this is, in fact, a healthy endeavor. Once we are at that tipping point, we have to go along with anything thereafter, as well as the consumption of our lives, opportunities and eventually, ourselves, because after all, we were down with it at some point when it was someone else we were talking about.
See?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
eating meat got your ancestors out of trees and onto the plains

lol

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

lol

speak for yourself.....don't think it got my ancestors anywhere, really. so who are you and who am i

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

lol

speak for yourself.....don't think it got my ancestors anywhere, really. so who are you and who am i

ok then god gave us teeth for cleaning bones

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Danger Girl

lol u are nuttyer then squrille poo in penut season....we have canine teeth and are ment to eat meat oh just noticed u were banned that should let the members of this site know exactly how valid your claims were

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

who knows why we have teeth, and who says god gave them to us

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

I would suggest you look through banned memberships. There are many people with great contributions here who at some point were banned. It is illustrative of absolutely nothing. Use search and read a few more threads, especially from several years ago

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If you want to be veggie for ethical reasons, fair play to you.
I don't think you should be dressing it up in lies about evolution, though.
Google the paleo diet and see the wealth of evidence that contradicts your OP.
Archeological record

One line of evidence used to support the Stone Age diet is the decline in human health and body mass that occurred with the adoption of agriculture, at the end of the Paleolithic era.[21][124] Associated with the introduction of domesticated and processed plant foods, such as cereal grains, in the human diet, there was, in many areas, a general decrease in body stature and dentition size, and an increase in dental caries rates. There is evidence of a general decline in health in some areas; whether the decline was caused by dietary change is debated academically.[7][174][175]

From the paleo wiki page.

You cut out grains, legumes and tubers from your diet, eat meat and fish, nuts, fruits and leafy veg and you'll feel like a million bucks. That should tell you all you need to know about what your body needs.
edit on 21-1-2013 by SprocketUK because: typos

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I personally am one who wishes this were true, as I do not like the idea of killing other animals.

However, without meat, we humans would not be writing these posts, we would have no internet, we would never have advanced like we have.

It was the protein intake that our early ancestors took in that was the primary source of human brain growth.

meat made us smarter
---------

here are a few other diseases caused by lack of protein.

Diseases caused by lack of protein

---------

And yes I do know there are other sources of protein, but early man had no idea what protein even was, but yet they still made rapid steps in the evolution of man concerning brain growth. Meaning they must have eaten meat, even then.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Then where would we get Vitamin B12 from?

Some seaweeds contain B12...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
yummy steak and Dianne sauce with new spuds, carrots and fresh garden peas.

for every steak you don't eat I will eat 3.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It's thought that early humans were scavengers that basically picked through the leftovers from larger predator kills. They probably were left with only the bones which they broke apart to extract the marrow. That might explain why humans do not salivate when they see a large game animal.

Some things to consider;

~ Humans, like most predatory animals have both eyes facing front with binocular vision.
~ Canine teeth
~ A strictly ovo-lacto vegan diet is deficient.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Is that why 1 billion vegetarian Indians live in trees? and not houses?

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join