It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
HA! who dug up this old thread...its like 2 years old!
..sigh the memories...
The people above me lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
[edit on 17-4-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Meat is a natural part of human existence, We are mammals also.
Killer whales, and porpoise are mammals,.. they eat fish, not plants and by natural instinct. Also they are very close in human gene.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

Originally posted by Danger Girl
Maybe that is knowledge that we have lost throughout the years?

Uh...what? You can't get B12 without animal products or supplements.

I believe the two canines teeth are a futile attempt of our bodies to adapt to what we and our forefathers have stuffed in our mouth.

I don't think you properly understand the theory of evolution. At all.

P.S. Please don't post five times in a row. Combine your replies into one or two.
Please.

Hmm things with b12 . . . let me think

T-6635+ nutritional yeast (one tablespoon)
b12 fortified soymilk

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino

Originally posted by Johnmike

Maybe that is knowledge that we have lost throughout the years?

Uh...what? You can't get B12 without animal products or supplements.

I believe the two canines teeth are a futile attempt of our bodies to adapt to what we and our forefathers have stuffed in our mouth.

I don't think you properly understand the theory of evolution. At all.

P.S. Please don't post five times in a row. Combine your replies into one or two.
Please.

Hmm things with b12 . . . let me think

T-6635+ nutritional yeast (one tablespoon)
b12 fortified soymilk

Where do they get the b12 to add to that grossness? Sorry, I just hate soymilk. It is so foul tasting lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

Yes because those were things our ancestors had in abundance

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
reply to post by '___'omino

Yes because those were things our ancestors had in abundance

Embrace what is possible now =D

People are seeing this as a black and white issue but its not the point

[edit on 17-4-2010 by '___'omino]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
Eskimo dietary intake of meat is mainly from the sea, which is fine and I agree that this is where we should be getting our meat from when we do consume meat.

The meat is from the sea but it is still red meat, seals for example. Their intake of fat is also shockingly high, of course they only do this because the artic doesn't have many orange trees so i'm not suggesting we adopt such a diet.

Of the four great apes, humans and chimps are the only one's to consume meat. Chimps main dietary intake consists of ninety percent fruits, leaves, seed etc. The remainder of that 10% is largely insects as source of protein and only occasionally do they hunt which is why it was quiet a shock when we discovered them doing so! The success rate of hunting is highly dependent on their 90% diet, not on the amount of meat they eat. Without that 90% they are poor hunters and can't keep up with the prey they hunt. 80% of the prey they hunt are red colobus and of that 80%, 75% of them are INFANTS. So yea, I think they do have the necessary adaptation to hunt infants. The vast majority of of omnivorous and carnivorous animals go after the young and weak. Your argument is a huge fail.

You made the point that we are not adapted to hunt meat and require tools and so we should not be eating meats, i simply asserted that other animals, one of which is related to us and doesn't have adaptations to hunt can easily find meat. So no my argument was not a complete fail. I have at no point suggested we should eat tons of meat, i agree it should be used maybe 3 times a week and we should stick to fish and white meats. So what exactly didn't you like about my argument? You asked me to provide one other species that eats meat without having adaptations to hunt and i gave you one.

And with those tools we choose to eat the wrong meats and to kill our planet to do so.

I would agree fully, we eat far to much red meat and it's stupid. Personally i would see a ban on farming any red meat, of course hunting wild animals would be another matter.

One species out of four is what your pointing out mind you. If your going to argue something, at least take the time to do it properly. Of that ONE other species, it's dietary intake of animal meat is very low.

You asked me to provide one other species and i did so, now you don't like the species i provided even though it fits the aprameters you set out. You never said the species had to have a high intake of meat, just that it shouldn't be adapted to hunt.

There are numerous species that share a symbiotic relationship. Learn to spot the difference.

I am quite aware of symbiosis, however the point stands that ants were not adapted to farm, they just took it up one day, ants are shockingly clever it's rather odd.

Ah, so the surmounting evidence of our western diet being linked to cancer is all a sham as well? Now that itself is just stupid!!

How exactly did that address my point? also i have stated numerous times we should eat a lot less meat than people do and yet you keep throwing this stuff at me as if i am a big believer in eating tons of meat. Also i never even mentioned cancer being a sham, why do you keep bringing up things that i haven't said and make out like i have?

Now that is something I didn't previously know. I looked it up and that is quiet interesting! Still doesn't mean that learning how to make alcohol means you should consume it.

No but i bought up the example because you asked for one example of a species consuming something that would end up hurting it and claimed humans were the only one that did this. I provide evidence this is incorrect and you try and squirm out of it.

Alcohol isn't completely terrible btw, tea totallers have higher levels of anxiety and depression than moderate drinkers. Note the moderate point there because heavy drinkers are obviously going to be in trouble sooner or later and i'm not excusing them.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino
Embrace what is possible now =D

People are seeing this as a black and white issue but its not the point

[edit on 17-4-2010 by '___'omino]

Actually if we refer to the OP it is very black and white. The OP states we are not designed to eat meat and all scientific evidence flys in the face of this assertion. In all truth this thread should not have gone beyond a couple of pages as the OP's post has been proven incorrect over and over.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well, many people happen to be allergic to yeast,.. and don't know it
And truth be told ,.. soymilk is not good for men and not recommended for woman before the age of 40.
Soymilk is an estrogen booster and well,... I like my testosterone just where it is.www.healingcrow.com...
www.healingdaily.com...

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
please. B12 can be gotten from fermented foods, and be enzymatically converted from other nutrients. Same with EPA and DHA. Same with Creatine. Although there is one berry that was said to have some naturally occuring creatine, I forgot the name of it. I'm not sure if it's correct tho.

Even meat eaters can be deficient in B12 from what I've read. It is mostly found in the colon of animals. Where do YOU get your b12 from?

"Ultimately, animals must obtain vitamin B12 directly or indirectly from bacteria, and these bacteria may inhabit a section of the gut which is posterior to the section where B12 is absorbed. Thus, herbivorous animals must either obtain B12 from bacteria in their rumens, or (if fermenting plant material in the hindgut) by reingestion of cecotrope fæces."

[edit on 17-4-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
also algae and seeweeds have b12.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
We may not be designed to hunt with our bare hands, but we are designed to use intelligence to obtain meat. Brains are a part of our body just as much as lions' teeth are a part of theirs. Whether we have built-in hunting tools or rely on external tools isn't a big issue here. The matter at hand is whether or not we are designed to be able to include meat in our diet, and we are.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

The meat is from the sea but it is still red meat, seals for example. Their intake of fat is also shockingly high, of course they only do this because the artic doesn't have many orange trees so i'm not suggesting we adopt such a diet.

Interestingly, they have to eat the stomach contents of caribou in order to get certain nutrients that they can't get from a meat based diet alone. I agree we shouldn't adopt a meat based diet, mostly because I don't want to eat the stomach contents of an animal.

You made the point that we are not adapted to hunt meat and require tools and so we should not be eating meats, i simply asserted that other animals, one of which is related to us and doesn't have adaptations to hunt can easily find meat. So no my argument was not a complete fail. I have at no point suggested we should eat tons of meat, i agree it should be used maybe 3 times a week and we should stick to fish and white meats. So what exactly didn't you like about my argument? You asked me to provide one other species that eats meat without having adaptations to hunt and i gave you one.

The species you chose does possess the necessary adaptations for it's sources of meat and the amount it consumes. You don't need claws to kill an infant, which is what they mostly go after. Essentially, the species you chose in comparison to humans is not analogous.

I would agree fully, we eat far to much red meat and it's stupid. Personally i would see a ban on farming any red meat, of course hunting wild animals would be another matter.

In my opinion, hunting should be strictly controlled so we don't wipe out species into extinction in case we ever stop farming animals.

You asked me to provide one other species and i did so, now you don't like the species i provided even though it fits the aprameters you set out. You never said the species had to have a high intake of meat, just that it shouldn't be adapted to hunt.

The species didn't fit the parameters.

I am quite aware of symbiosis, however the point stands that ants were not adapted to farm, they just took it up one day, ants are shockingly clever it's rather odd.

As clever as they are, I would like to see sources on your claim. I'm aware of ants that farm in a symbiotic relationship with the species they farm, but not farming in the capacity you are suggesting with your choice of words.

How exactly did that address my point? also i have stated numerous times we should eat a lot less meat than people do and yet you keep throwing this stuff at me as if i am a big believer in eating tons of meat. Also i never even mentioned cancer being a sham, why do you keep bringing up things that i haven't said and make out like i have?

Are you serious? You didn't catch the point at all? Do you remember your comment that arguments over what we are meant to eat is stupid? It;s far from stupid as the difference between what we are meant to eat and not meant to eat greatly affects our health and well being!

No but i bought up the example because you asked for one example of a species consuming something that would end up hurting it and claimed humans were the only one that did this. I provide evidence this is incorrect and you try and squirm out of it.

Alcohol isn't completely terrible btw, tea totallers have higher levels of anxiety and depression than moderate drinkers. Note the moderate point there because heavy drinkers are obviously going to be in trouble sooner or later and i'm not excusing them.

I don't believe I tried to squirm out of it. I'm aware that moderation is OK.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm
please. B12 can be gotten from fermented foods, and be enzymatically converted from other nutrients. Same with EPA and DHA. Same with Creatine. Although there is one berry that was said to have some naturally occuring creatine, I forgot the name of it. I'm not sure if it's correct tho.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

I am glad our ancestors knew how to ferment things.
The point isn't whether we can do it today, the point is whether or not we were ever intended to.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Our digestive tract is 85-95% the same as a chimpanzee - a chimpanzee will eat about 85-95% percent fruit, vegetable and nut.

enough said - but I would be more impressed if this thread was about.

We Didn't Evolve To Eat Grains (ie bread), Here Is Proof
we're not birds, and even they have to swallow stones to digest the stuff. And we reverse engineer the understanding - we find out that its not very nutritious and is really just empty calories contributing nothing but survival.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I agree completely, I've been vegetarian for 2 years and recently turned completely vegan. I can certainly feel the difference. Not having another beings dead body or products inside you makes you feel so much better, physically and spiritually. I've only recently turned 18 and I know this is not a 'fad' or anything, it's a lifestyle choice. I plan to go on like this for many years to come, and hopefully my life.
This video (just the trailer) is what turned me vegan, humans are disgusting.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A lot of of people here are thinking with their taste buds...

Meat addiction is a serious killer.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Its not addictive if you actually require it. I can't metabolize iron well so I need red meat and high doses of it.. ITs the only form that seems to provide me with the amount I need and my body can digest. And who says good things are bad? Its moderation. Also I have fangs therefore I can eat my damn meat. Take it and I'll bit you. No one takes food from me...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FunktheNWO
it's a lifestyle choice.

Exactly! You eat your tofu and I'll finish up my venison burger!

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join