It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Danger Girl

Herbivores also have several stomachs and long ravelling guts to extract the maximum nutrition from plant material. They also eat constantly. A cow or horse doesn't have "meals" - it eats, it sleeps. On occasion it screws or moves to a new place to eat.

Humans have short, simple guts - not so simple as a cat or something, but pretty simple. We also have punctuated feeding periods - meals. As do carnivores.

We are adapted to digest anything that we can chew. Period. We're opportunists. We can live on a complete meat diet, we can live on a complete vegetable diet, and we can live on total junk, too.

A horse will get ill and likely die if you make it eat large quantities of meat. Same if you feed a major carnivore lots of alfalfa. Humans can eat either in large quantities and be just fine.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Ah and i wish nothing but peace and love to you and yours. If god or karma or whoever you would like to believe runs the universe didnt want us to eat meat would not they have made us omnivores. Do you know what happens to an herbivore that is feed meat they die. Along those same lines were not the only omnivores and guess what we all have the same traits Our teeth are designed to eat both meat and plants. Our front teeth help us rip into meat and bite into fruits and vegetables, and our molars help us grind up meat and chew fruits and vegetables.And my final closing ill say one who denies your true nature is only lying to yourself.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If a human wasn't meant to eat meat, then why can we do so? Why can we sustain ourselves on such a diet for very long periods? As has been stated before, we're omnivores, even capable of scavenging successfully for almost anything edible if necessary. But forgetting that for a moment, I suppose it seems a bit ironic to me that virtually all animal species are perfectly edible, yet a fairly high percentage of all plant life on this earth is quite poisonous to a human.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I’m not saying that it is wrong to eat meat but…

There is NO long term health benefit from eating meat.
Humans do NOT need meat to live or be healthy.

And eating lots of meat causes serious health problems in the long.

People should be less concerned about eating meat in general and more concerned about eating lots of factory farmed meat; it is deadly.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
We weren't designed to eat meat. I don't see where there is any argument on the subject. People posting differing opinions did not read the extremely pertinent and latest information on the subject I tried to include in it's entirety here.
There are people here making fun of animal slaughter. I think this is wrong.
It is more important to fight on ATS and other sites for those who cannot fight for themselves than for those who will not. That is all I have to say on this.
I suggest people concerned about the effects of food especially the effects of meat from a physician who saw results in the appearance and health of his patients. see this link www.nealhendrickson.com... meat eating by the doctor posted here (above, unless it was deleted for being off topic or too long by mod) You can also see a few of my other threads and learn about how your food is medicine.
It is unfortunate some hardship happens to male virility and testes come from a meat diet but certainly this shouldn't be removable hidden knowledge. People should read and decide if they want to risk the consequences themselves.

They get to read people making cute little jokes about animal slaughter but when it is noted animals actually have compassion and do not feel fueled by hatred actually makes them more perfect creatures and so not worthy of eating. Meat is murder.

Maybe I don't have a right to say that. Maybe it is "off topic" No surprised since women (which I am) just got the right to equal pay. Soon we may speak out against murder. That day is not today however.

People here seem to insist humans have incisors to cut and tear flesh. The mods removed where this doctor asks many dentists to show him anyone with true pointed incisors with serrated edges to tear meat and they cannot. So in the interest of "space?" we have to hear people repeating this misinfo over and over.
And repeated over and over is the misinformation we are able to digest bone and gristle. We lack an important enzyme for this. We are plant eaters like the great apes not meat eaters like the chimps. Reading the parts of the report posted illustrated this in irrefutable terms.

That this and news like it can be worthy of removal is the most disturbing aspect and one I find inspiring actually.

When accepted discourse includes rifles and pistols pointed in your face and slaughter of helpless beasts, when those managing seem to support lite remarks about killing animals just for the fun of it...this is where I end my affiliation.

When unacceptable material includes posts defending helpless fellow creatures I have to say again at risk of removal and perhaps a fine...lol...we are not designed to eat meat.

I didn't even know most of this myself until I read the information here www.nealhendrickson.com...

People who did not read the full article in it's entirety (either because it was removed or because they did not visit the link) keep repeating information challenged there.
Information already disproved there. And then the rest of the people who see fit to post on the subject - sound exactly like bored prepubescent's chiming in about the benefits and consequences of MEAT IN THE HUMAN DIET.

When you include the grossly misinformed and anti-education proponents to those deliberately removing information reasonably and informatively encouraging healthier humans, simultaneously sparing fellow beasts...???
I don't know about your motivations. I do not want even unwittingly to contribute to the work of evil on earth. Which I did not always believe but more certain than there is a God... I have come to be certain about that.
And Where ever there is a lack of compassion there is room for evil to creep in and take over. This is when I move on. I like clean fresh air and a pure and unpolluted body. Not only does meat (and all negative en devours and past times) leave your body full of toxins and waste products....

Meat is murder.

It is more important to fight on ATS and other sites for those who cannot fight for themselves than for those who will not.

That is all I have to say on this...and anything else for that matter, on ATS.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Good topic!

One statement that stuck out immediately:

True carnivores (and omnivores) salivate about the idea of eating whole prey animals when they see them. Humans do not

Humans DO salivate at most foods but particularly meat. The human is now exactly the same as any domesticated animal who has not hunted for fresh meat for many generations.

He is now use to salivating at an already killed and neatly processed end product. The reason man has little conscience as to how the animal was reared or killed is because he is no longer observes an animal in nature before hunting it for food.

Going back to the OP...

The human has evolved or being persuaded to eat more meat, which is why this newly formed diet has made the Vermiform Appendix a defunct organ, considered essential previously for digesting leaves, twiggy things and cellulose-rich plants.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I just wanted to add, that I´ve been vegetarian 15 years and I´m healthy. I was born with heart desease, but it´s long gone now. I can´t say it´s because of diet, but at least I can say, that diet hasn´t done me any bad. But I know, that there´s no point telling meat eaters, that they eat wrong. It´s choice that has to come from deep inside. I was very compassionatel towards animals since I remember and when I was 13 I decided to stop eating meat. It hasn´t changed for me during all the years I grew up. It´s something fundamental, I just feel it´s wrong to eat animals especially the way it´s done in our societyes, where they´re stressed and they can´t live natural life.
It´s good to read reseaches about this, though I´ve never felt need for proof, that I was created to be vegetarian. I chosed to be vegetarian and I think that what this should be - choice.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

My my you sure have a carnivorous attitude in this place! It's like you've redirected your predatory instincts on humans. If you were in a survival situation, and there were no plants to eat, would you eat the frozen human bodies?

What about plant slaughter? Plants have nerves, can move, and know when they're being ripped to shreds, completely uprooted, or when we lop off their sex organs for our own delight. It can be argued they have consciousness, just different consciousness to our own. Killing plants is MURDER!
Cleary, our very existence is the problem, no matter what we eat, perhaps we should all rally for mass suicide?

Seeing your posting I'm reminded of republican / democrat, christian / athiest, etc binary mentality. There is only good and evil. Spectrums dont exist. There is only cute cuddly rabbit herbivores, or nasty murdering predators.

Serious question: Since predators are vile murderers, should we eliminate all the wild predators?

Is it still MURDER if we hold and comfort thumper while he bleeds out? What about the specimens that wouldn't exist in the first place unless we built all of the equipment to give them safe and clean housing, food and water?

[edit on 14-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This thread is nearly two years old, and I don't think the veganazis have come up with a single new point to make since the first week it was posted. Nor have they answered for the simple fact that if we DO eat meat, we can digest it. Therefor, we were designed to eat it. If we weren't designed to eat it, we wouldn't be designed to digest it. It would either come back out the other end of the tunnel and still be meat, or it would kill us. It doesn't. It gets digested, because that's what our bodies are meant to do with meat.

Regardless of what some report on the Internet says, my teeth and the teeth of every person I know are perfectly capable of (and very efficient at) ripping and tearing animal flesh, as well as mashing and grinding plant matter. My stomach and the stomachs of all of my friends can take either plants or animals and turn them into poop and energy. We eat both. This makes us omnivores. That's what an omnivore is, plain and simple. That's what we do, and our bodies are perfectly capable of the task.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Yep the bottom line is can we eat grass or hay? And the answer is nope....so why would evolution push us forward not able to eat the most abundant food source. The other side is why are our eyes in the position for depth perception? Hunting my friends hunting……

So simply we are either grass eaters or grass eater eaters...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I posted in this thread before and the debate just got old, people repeating the same things over and over, often in direct conflict with the evidence.

So as with many things in life, we can turn to a source of great philosophical thought to solve our problems, that source is of course, the one, the only, the immortal Futurama

Tofu Lion

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

If we weren't designed to eat meat, I wouldn't salivate at the idea of a nice, thick, juicy steak....

It's really as simple as that. The body wants, what the body wants...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Humans are omnivores, plant sources don't provide the proper nutrition and unless you enjoy rice and beans or amaranth on a daily basis then your never going to get a complete source of protein required for your health. What I do agree with is that we weren't meant to eat the crap loads of red meat that we do these days. We should be eating a load of veggies, fish a few times a week and lean game meats once or twice a week. That chart is complete bovine fecal matter as no primate species that also eats meat occasionally has claws either.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Then where would we get Vitamin B12 from?

Vegan diets are notoriously deficient. You can generally be healthy if you eat eggs and drink milk, but that's about it.

I remember reading that we can get B12 from unwashed veggies grown in manure. Yum yum!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Regardless of what some report on the Internet says, my teeth and the teeth of every person I know are perfectly capable of (and very efficient at) ripping and tearing animal flesh, as well as mashing and grinding plant matter.

While I agree with you that we evolved to also eat meat, I disagree with your choice of wording to make that point.

Not a single human alive can run down and bite into the flesh of a cow to kill and eat it. So simply saying we are efficient at ripping and tearing animal flesh is complete nonsense, we aren't and can't do that.

What we CAN do is use tools to cut up into animal flesh and then COOK the meat in order to make it more edible and digestible. Technically, if we can't eat it raw, then we weren't really meant to eat it. Certain fish we can eat raw no problem, but I haven't met a single human who can chase down a cow and go to town on it in the field.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Then where would we get Vitamin B12 from?

Vegan diets are notoriously deficient. You can generally be healthy if you eat eggs and drink milk, but that's about it.

B12 can be obtained from seaweed.

It is also produced by the liver from plants containing Cyanates which metabolize to Thiocyanate a precursor of Cyanocobalamin (B12).

Trouble is Cyanates have a bitter taste and in the West we have developed a sweet tooth...
...so we have eliminated or selectively bred out Cyanates from our foods...
...although small amounts are still available in 250 foods.

[edit on 16/4/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

Not a single human alive can run down and bite into the flesh of a cow to kill and eat it. So simply saying we are efficient at ripping and tearing animal flesh is complete nonsense, we aren't and can't do that.

What we CAN do is use tools to cut up into animal flesh and then COOK the meat in order to make it more edible and digestible. Technically, if we can't eat it raw, then we weren't really meant to eat it. Certain fish we can eat raw no problem, but I haven't met a single human who can chase down a cow and go to town on it in the field.

You do understand that there are tons of fruits and vegetables you cannot simply eat raw, just consider kidney beans, they can be quite dangerous without cooking and have you tried eating porridge without cooking it? Are you also aware that most herbivorous animals spend the majority of their waking hours eating. This is because eating things raw means you extract less of the nutrients.

Humans were not designed to eat raw plants either, we have not evolved to do this. Oh sure we can eat some raw plants, just like we can eat raw fish. Oh and you would actually process raw fish better than you would raw spinach, it is plant matter that needs more cooking to make it digestable due to the double cell membrane of plant cells, which would suggest we are more suited to eating uncooked fish

Using tools is something we have evolved to be able to do and our utilization of those tools and cooking methods has allowed use to extract the maximum from our foods.

So all i'm saying here i guess is that your argument is rather pointless.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Could you provide peer reviewed data for this comment about seaweed and B12 please. I only ask because last time i read about it the issue was still in contention because other studies have found that small crustaceans, ground up in the processing of seaweed are the real source of vitamin B12, others have found it was symbiotic bacteria living on the seaweed that provided the B12.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join