It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
the other thing i see people haven't mentioned is that certain fruit and veg are only availible at certain times of the year and most of what u eat isnt even native to where u live!!, which is not a problem nowadays because we use greenhouses or just fly it half way round the world!
now correct me if im wrong but im sure our ancestors didnt have greenhouses or planes!
also there is very few edible plants for humans in the winter........but plenty of animals loafing around.
also i dont think we had mobile phones then either to tell everyone around the world at the same time that it's 'ok' to eat meat now...so just how did everyone just start eating it if it wasn't already in the diet?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
LOAM..... i live in the uk.... plenty of edible plants here, in fact i could survive quite a while just in my back garden....... in extreme survival cases, like caitlinfae said, fish would be the last resort......

And also like caitlinfae mentioned, my avatar doesnt look like someone ill or unhealthy... and ive never eaten meat

[edit on 15-6-2008 by cosmicstorm]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i hate to be the one to break it to you but.......fish is a meat you know........

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I have years of experience at the "vegetarian" argument and if there's one thing I've learnt for certain, it's that all the arrogant, over-confident "eat-meat-or-die" types who like to rush in and throw their weight around - attempting to offend veg*ns by questioning their mental and physical health - they're secretly afraid that they're not doing the right thing. They don't like the idea of anyone having made a better choice than them so instead of taking the new ideas on board, it's easier to lash out and attack.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
For a start, this thread is in the wrong section, it should be moved out of the survivalism one, it has no place here.

Man is an Omnivore period. You only have to read any decent Anatomy & Physiology book to find that out.

This is not an arguement on whether it is ethical or right to eat or not eat meat. This thread is/was about that 'humans are not meateaters'. Please stay on subject.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicstorm

And also like caitlinfae mentioned, my avatar doesnt look like someone ill or unhealthy...

No, however....
You do look thin. In a survival situation, that isn't healthy. Thats why the body stores fat, in case of famine, it can use the stored fat as energy. If you're thin, you don't have that many fat reserves, and as such, in a famine situation, you're more likely to starve.

Best situation in that sense, is to pack on a few pounds, and that includes eating fatty foods. I dont see that many fatty food type plants. I mean, if there was, I'd totally be in on the vegetarian thing. I'd like to survive a famine, k thx.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I just wanted say that most primates are omnivorous...but they eat insects...not vertebrates. The only apes that eat meat are the chimpanzee and bonobo, but bonobos are not as active in hunting as the chimp. Even then, meat only makes up 3% of the chimps diet. Gorillas and Orangutans DO NOT eat meat. They are soley vegetarian.

We don't have prominent canines because we simply don't need them. We use tools to kill prey, not our teeth...like predators. "Cavemen" killed animals mostly because of the region they were in. Not all plants can grow in cold ass weather...therefore not enough food to eat. The only option to survive is killing animals.

Having a large meat diet is not healthy. Period. Do your own research ppl.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

From original news source posted at the start

True carnivores (and omnivores) salivate about the idea of eating whole prey animals when they see them. Humans do not. We're interested in eating the body parts only because they've been removed from the original animal and processed, and because we grew up eating them, making it seem perfectly normal. It's amazing how much of a disconnect we've been able to learn about the difference between animals and food.

Fail! I'm sure our ancestors salivivated when they were stripping the carcass down thinking of the meals to come. Just because modern society has lost all conenction with it's food don't take it as proof we should eat fruit and veg.

We have canine teeth, incisors and flat molars. These are teeth commonly found in omivorous of many different species. We also have bacteria and enzymes in our stomachs designed solely for disgesting meat.

Then theres the whole point that our ancestors wouldn't have lived if they didn't eat meat in certain colder regions. Meat was preserved and animals hunted during the winter months because very few food plants were available.

Having lots of meat in your diet is bad but some is needed. How about this, my friend has MS (Multiple schlerosis) and is a vegetarian. Her doctor told her to start eating some meat, she gave in, started eating it and her symptoms improved quite markedly. If that isn't proof that the body needs some meat i'm not sure what is.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd
What total ignorant rubbish! B12 can be got from anything with yeast and also your body can produce it naturally. It takes minute amounts and it is stored. My two sons oldest is 9 has a vegan diet and he lacks nothing but they had the benefit of only breast milk up to ages 3 and 4.

So you're raising your sons to have an idiotic diet too? Congratulations, you're a bad parent!

Okay, Doctor, maybe you need to do some reading to cure your sad case of ignorance. I don't normally like linking to websites, but this is veganhealth.org, and it explains what you need to know perfectly.

www.veganhealth.org...

Now, let's talk about your disgusting ignorance and how it may impact your role as a parent, shall we?

THE HUMAN BODY CANNOT SYNTHESIZE VITAMIN B12. The very fact that you said this shows just how pathetically ignorant you are to nutrition, your diet, and the health of your sons. Your sources of Vitamin B12 are: Dairy, eggs, and meat. Period. Otherwise, you need supplements. Natural yeasts do not contain B12, unless they are fortified, which makes them unnatural yeasts. Vitamin B12 is essential for the functioning of every cell in your body.

I truly hope that you're not letting how completely oblivious you are influence the health of your children.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

LOAM..... i live in the uk.... plenty of edible plants here, in fact i could survive quite a while just in my back garden.......

I think you're fooling yourself.

Test it. Don't go shopping and try over the next 180 days. I bet you wouldn't last 30-- and that's even assuming you have a well stocked garden.

Admit it, you aren't being honest about how well you'd fare.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

LOAM..... i live in the uk.... plenty of edible plants here, in fact i could survive quite a while just in my back garden.......

This was addressed to loam but i have to jump in here. As someone who has spent a good deal of his time studying survival techniques mostly in the UK i can tell you that during winter your selection of plants as food is seriously reduced. There are some underground tubers for carbohydrate but virtually no proteins and fats. Oh and yes you need protein and fat to survive healthily.

If you threw fish into the mix then you might be ok, although you'd be eating a lot of fish and still very few plants. This is why our ancestors hunted and preserved meats.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

What total ignorant rubbish! B12 can be got from anything with yeast and also your body can produce it naturally. It takes minute amounts and it is stored. My two sons oldest is 9 has a vegan diet and he lacks nothing but they had the benefit of only breast milk up to ages 3 and 4.

So you're raising your sons to have an idiotic diet too? Congratulations, you're a bad parent!

Okay, Doctor, maybe you need to do some reading to cure your sad case of ignorance. I don't normally like linking to websites, but this is veganhealth.org, and it explains what you need to know perfectly.

www.veganhealth.org...

Now, let's talk about your disgusting ignorance and how it may impact your role as a parent, shall we?

THE HUMAN BODY CANNOT SYNTHESIZE VITAMIN B12. The very fact that you said this shows just how pathetically ignorant you are to nutrition, your diet, and the health of your sons. Your sources of Vitamin B12 are: Dairy, eggs, and meat. Period. Otherwise, you need supplements. Natural yeasts do not contain B12, unless they are fortified, which makes them unnatural yeasts. Vitamin B12 is essential for the functioning of every cell in your body.

I truly hope that you're not letting how completely oblivious you are influence the health of your children.

What insular ignorant dribble you do post and it smacks of typical defensive denial of the facts. So you too can have a read this is only one of many.

Vegan's and B12

Let me guess you probably would argue for being allowed to have guns also?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Let me guess you probably would argue for being allowed to have guns also?

Now now now... don't involve guns in all your crazy-talk.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

So because im a vegetarian, and so is my son, im a bad parent too????

.....absolutely ignorant

hi Chiiru, im 147lbs and 5'7, nowhere near the thin side

loam.....no im not going to stop going shopping and start eating out of my garden because im not in an 'extreme survival situation' am i..... in an 'extreme survival situation' i realistically would have, and do have a survial kit with food for me and my family that would last 6 months, any longer than that in 'extreme survival' and i doubt id want to go on anyway!.....

so any more questions you need to throw at me? or maybe getting back to the topic would be good?

[edit on 15-6-2008 by cosmicstorm]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Don't worry mlmijyd. JohnMike is just demonstrating the predictable actions of an anti-vegetarian (see my post, 4th down on this page). They'll always be around and they'll always be excessively offensive to over-compensate for something. All of my friends are meat-eaters but seeing as they respect my choice, I choose to respect theirs. If JohnMike was a little more respectful he'd be worth paying attention to.

link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

Why is it on every thread you're involved in you get into arguments rather than careful debate. You get into name calling, usually involving the word ignorant. Have you ever considered that the reason you get in so many arguements is because you're the problem?

Why not try being less aggressive and promote your ideas in careful discussion. Human beings are designed to eat meat, and low consumption of meat ina diet seems to provide good health. I'm not talking about meat guzzlers here, i mean meat in small doses.

Take a look at my previous couple of posts, especially the point about my friend with MS and maybe you'll see that meat is required for optimal health.

link   
I can never understand poor attempts at evolutionary arguments on such subjects. The fact is humans have woefully weak and pretty much useless bodies, that arent particularly well adapted to anything. Our bodies can do many things badly, but nothing particularly well. We are slow at moving on land, water, we lack strength, endurance, we dont have thick fur, we have average hearing, sight, smell. Fortunately for us, we have opposable thumbs, powerful brains and are perhaps the most resourceful of all animals.

In the early days of mankind, with useless bodies and so many superior predators around, men had to take whatever they could find , although that all changed once tools were developed. This early omnivorous diet has stayed with man ever since, courtesy of personal taste, availability and ideal health. In some poor countries, people still have to take whatever they can find. Humans dont need to biologically adapt to their circumstances and environments, they adapt the environments to themselves. Why wait thousands of years for evolution to adapt us, when we can achieve a better result in far less time. Eg. if you live in a cold place, why wait for evolution to give you thick fur, when you can simply build a shelter. Or, why grow big teeth that would limit our ability to do many other things, when we can fashion a knife and fork.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by mrmanuva]

link   
To the veggie and vegan fanatics here... what are the clothes you wear made of? Your couches... your soaps... Let's see, what else is there...

80 years old at 12

[edit on 15/6/08 by flice]

link   
hmm i also like the way vegan/veggie argue 'they havent gotten ill since becoming a vegan/veggie' now im sorry but thats just an epic fail! i eat meat and i rarely get ill and when i do it's not major! so that throws that out the window! infact my entire family rarely get ill and none are veggie/vegan, so i put it down to good genetics and exercise!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
All of my friends are meat-eaters but seeing as they respect my choice, I choose to respect theirs. If JohnMike was a little more respectful he'd be worth paying attention to.

Same here... i havent once on this thread, belittled or bad-mouthed meateaters.... yet some feel they have the right to do it to me?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join