It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I do not salivate when I see a stalk of celery either. We no longer have to go days without food. I bet if we still lived with the wild that after a few days without food you and I would salivate over the Easter Bunny.

I salivate slightly when in close contact with a beautiful woman in a Bikini, especially if they have a nice tan and some good smelling lotion on. Does that make me a cannibal? If so then meat, it's whats for dinner!

X

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Meh, no matter the proof of either side, I'm not giving up my double quarter punder with cheese. Too tasty.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Why is it that mammals that are prey such as deer have eyes on the side of their heads while predators have eyes in front?

Maybe the prey has to see the predators coming ?That is why their eyes are situated where they are . While its better for predators to have eyes in front.

Now where are human eyes located? HMMMMMM !!!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
If we weren't meant to eat meat, then how come we can easily bite it off of a bone and chew it?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
its all good, a big ol steak, a red winneie( hot dog), hambuger,chicken wing
drumstick, breast, tigh, pork chop, ham, neck bones, ribs( beef and pork)
fish, shrimp, crabs,lobster, theres just so much more.

tatars in all froms , greens ( except spinish yuk), beans all kinds,corn, carrots, pepers ( green, red, yellow and the hot ones),onions, cabbage
so many more here too.

then theres fruit, not real big on them. i do like apples and oranges.

its called the food chain and humans are on the top, (unless the reptiles come back).

at he risk of being P I C

i bet that most people in the world belong to the new PETA

People Eating Tasty Animals

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danger Girl

Originally posted by slackerwire
Uh, humans have canine teeth why then?

Humans are omnivores.

No sharp pointed front teeth. I believe the two canines teeth are a futile attempt of our bodies to adapt to what we and our forefathers have stuffed in our mouth.

We're omnivores. The front teeth (incisors) are used for biting and tearing/cutting. We don't have claws because we have higher brain function that allows us to use tools. We are equally adapted to both diets. Humans did'nt start out as herbivores either, or carnivores for that matter. We needed to adapt to whatever we came across for the species to survive. Plant life was probably pretty scarce in the ice age, for example.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
beef its what for dinner, gonna have bugers, fries, salad, and soda

moo

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
"True carnivores (and omnivores) salivate about the idea of eating whole prey animals when they see them."

Ever disected a squid? I realised I could never be a vegetarian when I started feeing hungry for squid when I was supposed to be examining it. Even though I had to examine its stomach contents, and the end of its stomach. It was disgusting. I still vaguely felt like eating it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This thread makes little sense, why does the OP leave out omnivores?

Bears, primates.. etc - They eat both meat and veggies and have been around for thousands of years.

I morally have problems with the way animals are treated and slaughtered, but I do have to say I could never ever leave beef out of my diet.

Pork on the other hand, only hurts you to eat it. As it's so similar to our own flesh, our bodies get confused.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Omnivores. If we were living in a more primitive society you would use everything from every animal you killed.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Heck man! Go VEGANS and VEGITARIANS!

This means more meat for me. They will not be hunting and I don't have to worry about them shooting me when I hide in the brush waiting for Bambi's dad to pass by or a nice boar!

My question for non-meat eaters: Do you really think you can grow a large enough garden, defend it from both disease and presators without chemicals or a tractor, harvest enough to last all year long to survive off? What happens if you cannot accomplish the above? I do not think 98% of us are that successfull at farming without the help of chemicals and machinery. What happens if there is not rain? What happens if there is too much rain and your crops rot in the ground?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
homo sapiens are omnivores . fact. the dental layout. our gut might be longer than a carnivores but that is because we eat veg,friut , berries etc because were omnivores. your reasoning behind only seeing choice cuts of meat has been bought about by the biggest threat mankind has ever faced MARKETING COMPANYS!! dont waste time getting muddy to get a rabbit have some processed long dead protein in a tin!! I personnaly love fishing /gathering food and eating it, my young daughters are the same . i have never made a point of hiding where food comes from, from the kids . if you find the idea of killing animals for food disturbing then thats up to you, i would put that down to a sheltered up bringing . alot comes off a carcass sinew for strings, skin for leather, meat , bones for tools etc and were fast enough on our own 2 legs to catch most of the critters

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

im with you on all the food you mentioned except the hot dogs, have you seen how they make them ? i like to be able to recognise wich cut of meat im eating but hot dogs!minced chicken carcass, beef connective tissue, flavouring a byproduct of the charcoal industry!!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Probably someone asked this already, but in that little chart what category do snakes fall under?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Danger Girl

I think this is why we are not supposed to eat meat.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

mmmmm bacon everything tastes better with bacon. If pigs dont want to be eaten they need to make sure they dont taste so good when you fry them.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I think you are really a riot and I am sure all your friends do too.

I just hope the "creator of all life" thinks so.

Karma follows close behind, like a shadow you cast.
It bites worse than a pit bull.

Remember this while you are begging for your life
or the life of someone you love.
Remember your own words
through your next batch of tears.

I have a feeling you will be crying and begging soon.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
We might have been designed to eat meat but cows weren't designed to eat corn!

Almost everything we eat today is CORN. Don't think so? Watch in full now!

King Corn documentary

www.esoterictube.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disney
Danger Girl, thanks for starting this post.

Anonymous made a good post, here are my 2 cents:
I'm a vegetarian since two yeras ago, and People, I must tell you that definitely I am sick less often. (wait--- have I been sick in past 2 years? hmmm...) Previously I was seriously sick like once or twice a year, for a week or so. And I also got to say that I DID NOT LOST A KILOGRAM OF WEIGHT, and feel no less fit than before.

There are MANY reasons to NOT eat meat, and there are FEW reasons to do.
Reasons not to eat include:

1. You're directly supporting killing of animals. (If you would have to kill every animal you eat meat from with your very hands, I am not sure you would eat as much meat as you do... if you would at all. Sometimes people just do not want to see and realize the obvious. In the US alone, 500,000 animals are killed for meat every hour.)

2. You're directly supporting the starvation of many people and deforestation. (100 acres of land will produce enough beef for 20 people but enough wheat to feed 240 people. Half the rainforests in the world have been destroyed to clear ground to graze cattle to make beefburgers)

3. Meat contains absolutely nothing - no proteins, vitamins or minerals - that the human body cannot obtain perfectly happily from a vegetarian (!) diet.

4.The following diseases are commoner among meat eaters: anaemia, appendicitis, arthritis, breast cancer, cancer of the colon, cancer of the prostrate, constipation, diabetes, gallstones, gout, high blood pressure, indigestion, obesity, piles, strokes and varicose veins. Lifelong vegetarians visit hospital 22% less often than meat eaters and for shorter stays. Vegetarians have a 20% lower blood cholestrol level than meat eaters and this reduces heart attack and cancer risks considerably.

Guys, honestly... In a lifetime, the average meat eater will consume 36 pigs, 36 sheep and 750 chickens and turkeys. Do you want that much carnage on your conscience?

(data from www.giveusahome.co.uk...)

I'll touch on your post a bit.

First off I'm hardly ever sick and I eat alot of meat. Now onto other things.

1.I live in ND, My family has been killing our meat to eat for a long time. Everything from fish, upland game, waterfowl to venison. Just to name a few. It's only the few(vegitarians(sp.?) that cringe at killing animals. I don't kill animals for sport, I kill them for food. I don't find killing animals funny, or fun, but it's necessary.

2. Q.Q, oh that's right. It doesn't really affect much of us in the US, and even if it did. Those of us who hunt and even grow our own food are fine. That's all I'm going to say though. Nature has a mysterious way of balancing things and humans won't be able to disrupt that balance long.

3. I'll direct you to plenty of other posts made by other people. Even if there's vegetables in some part of the world that has plenty of vitamins found in meat, that doesn't mean that vegetable is available to everyone. In terms of finding it in the wild.

4. Commoner? I'll just attribute that one to deficiency killing your brain.

All I got from your post was that you find killing animals for food to be mean and you want nothing part of that. IMO you can't surely say what group of people(meat eaters vs. vegitarians) are healthier in the long run. Because the fact is, is that the group of people who eat nothing but veggies vs people who eat both pales VASTLY in comparison. It's probably like comparing 10 million to 1 million.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Judohawk]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I thrive on red meat. I truly feel my best when I eat it every day for a few days in a row.

What bothers me the most about vegetarians is, there are so many starving children. If all they had to eat was a piece of meat, would you deny them that or give them a lecture on how their bodies aren't supposed to eat meat?

Do you guys realize how bad soy is for you? That stuff is frighting. If any food should not be eaten by humans its soy.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join