It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It's perfectly normal to eat meat humans aren't the only ones who eat meat, Other animals eat meat and so did a lot of the Dinosaurs. There really is no problem with eating meat except for the fact that just about all the companies torture the animals when killing them when there are much better,less torturous ways of getting meat. In fact we don't even need to kill anymore animals with the science we have these days. We should also be able to easily take care of animal population if we see that as a problem. We should give animals more of a chance. I wouldn't trust any organizations like Peta because they're a bunch of hypocrits. There is in fact better organizations for the ethical treatment of animals...We should be able to get meat on demand without any problems.

The way people eat is awful and weight is definitely a problem. A lot of meat is just wasted and people have choices whether to eat meat or not, therefore we were not designed to eat meat or not to eat meat...

Meat is actually needed for better health and it has vitamins that we definitely need too, It's not as bad as you think but it wouldn't matter if you ate it I mean it's already dead, It's not like other animals don't do the same thing. And if people are asking you what would God do or some bull# like that, What would they do? What do we really know about god, hmm?

It was an animal that was tortured and chopped up for us to eat, it's only respectful that we do but at the same time we should be finding better ways for our meaty needs which we've probably already found better ways and we shouldn't be killing anymore and should take control of the situation. You know it's kind of funny when you think about being designed to not eat meat, When some countries eat bugs. We aren't designed for what we eat we need food and liquids to survive.

I'm all about helping animals which are the meat we eat but as long as there are animals being tortured that can't be stopped right now, It doesn't really matter if you eat them. Depending on what you can do to fix the problem but it's sad because if so many people just stopped eating meat there would be just another massive problem on our hands anyways...We don't see the torture of animals getting anywhere by just not eating meat which we need for our health. There's still the large amount of the population that eats meat. And like I said, You shouldn't trust Peta that much because they're requesting a #load of donation money that they don't even do anything with...

Peace out

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danger Girl

Originally posted by Chiiru
lets see, canines to rip, Where am I misled? Please, inform me.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Chiiru]

You are fooling yourself if you think these are anything but ornamental.

compare your teeth to say a German Shepard and then think about it.

Ornamental? That's a new take on evolution I haven't heard before... Humans must be an enigma indeed to have elements of their bodies develop simply for "ornamental" purposes. Which species do you think our ornamental canines were developed to intimidate?

Trying to prove your point by comparing a human to a dog just doesn't do it for me.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I was at the Woolworths supermarket conference in Brisbane this week and one particularly moronic speaker was melodramatically ranting that semi-empty meat and seafood shelves prior to store closing was a 'stake through his heart'. He wanted to have all meat and seafood completely brimming with stock despite the store approaching close-time. This guy is in charge of over 6000 supermarkets and would rather completely waste countless animal lives for the sake of his pathetically dim visual merchandising strategy, rather than innovate a smarter way to display remaining stock in a more effective manner. Cringe-worthy moments like that make me thank god i'm vego.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ok....on the point of why we have canine teeth...please excuse the pun...but I think this arguement is getting too focused on this...maybe we did evolve eating meat, maybe we didn't...maybe it would be more useful to look at where we go from now on, in terms of animal welfare, and global food supply.

I think it's disturbing how many people have fallen for the marketing of meat...whether for health reasons or taste. The meat industry...is an INDUSTRY! It's not here to make us healthier, along with McDonalds. It's sole purpose is to SELL stuff, and it will do this anyway that's legal. Forget the ethics, it's all about the cash.

Shar's point about supermarkets is another favourite rant of mine...the amount of food they waste is phenomenal, and there was a recent well publicised study in the UK that showed that everyday, 5000 whole chickens are thrown away by customers who have bought them, and don't use them...(can't they put them in the freezer?!)...so they dump them.

That's *5000 every day!* whole chickens slaughtered and discarded.

This is in addition to the tons of meat that supermarkets throw away because it's out of date...that means they bought too much and couldn't sell it...managers who get their stock levels wrong and don't know how to deal with it...I have direct personal experience of this on many levels, so please understand that I do know what I'm talking about here. I've seen thousands of pounds worth of meat waste generated in one small store by untrained lazy staff who don't care.

Whether we are designed to eat meat of not is almost not the point anymore....eat it if you like, although comments like "What does it matter if we eat it and it was tortured...it's dead anyway..." are not helpful. It's about the ethics of producing vast quantities of meat in all it's forms, much more than we consume, and that we are willing to waste so much of it. We are not entitled to meat....it should be much rarer, more expensive, and cherished....if we eat it at all. On a global scale....meat farming will produce 1200 calories per acre per day. Grain farming produces 6000 calories per acre per day. That's a huge deficit if we have a population of 6 billion and growing (fast!) We need to learn not to eat meat.

Cait

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
vitamin b-12 does not only come from meat but from dairy as well... so that fact still wont stand up to a vegetarian diet. i dont know about a vegan diet, but i know that eating dairy makes me feel like crap so i dont drink milk anymore and i really dont want to eat any other dairy anymore

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

So half of America must be in a survival situtation then!! lol only joking!

Seriously though we may be omnivores, but we are more vegitarian inclined than carnivore inclined. Having a high metabolism would have allowed early people to hunt and gather food more efficently, which would have been hard work before farming was invented. They may have been screwed in times of famine but so would people of a low metabolism before so long also though. The hunter/gatherers diet would have been mostly vegitarian suplemented with what meat they could get there hands on, if only because actually catching prey is much harder than picking or growing fruit and veg. They most likely got the majority of there protien from insects rather than mammals, much like aboriginals did.
A healthy diet should not consist of to much red meat as it dificult to digest and can rot in the intestines leading to health problems.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I think it's disturbing how many people have fallen for the marketing of Whole Foods, or other natural and organic food companies period...both meat and veg. They are ALL designed to make money and line someones pockets, that vegetarian grocer you go to isn't there out of the goodness of his heart, he is there to make money.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by White Chapel

I agree...but I'm sure you will agree that the Meat Industry runs the risk of being the cruelest, the most wasteful, and the most dishonest. When would a greengrocer have to hide from his customers where his potatoes come from? Digging them up and boiling them wouldn't upset anyone, I'm sure. I'm sure most meat eaters would have a real problem killing their own cows, or even watching someone else do it.

The Meat Industry hides a lot of it's operation practises because it knows it would lose customers if people saw the truth. Money is the root of a lot of the cruelty that takes place, and is often put above animal welfare issues.

Cait

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
ok 'danger girl'

my gf is vegetarian, and off and on vegan and i've got some things to tell you.

1. is it true you can live off of vegetables, and greens etc?
answer = yes... BUT, it's a rigorous life, getting all of the food pyramid is difficult, and you have to be able to go out of your way to buy and locate the right foods. which means you have to have a large and diverse range of foods to eat each day and week and month to make sure you get eveyrthing you need. or else you end up like most inexperienced vegetarians who get tired, and bruise easy and are deficient in general...

in the WILD, there is no way you can do this. even as a nomad you can never be within range of everything you need (if you only eat vegetables) because 1. vegatable are not like animals... they are stationary if you are in a location lush with one source of the food pyramid in greens, you are far away from the other side of the pyramid.

the answer to this problem was solved quite geniusly by the cave men, who not only ate off the land, such as berries and leaves ( much like a bear) but also consumed animals.

now you're probably saying "wait a second, humans were NOT physically meant to eat animals"

did you know that plants cells have cell walls, and animal cells don't? well the cell walls on plants make it much harder to digest than animals... so actually is theoretically moore sense to say we were designed MORE SO to eat meat than vegetables... unlike animals that only eat greens whose stomachs can easily handle this problem

but back to the fact that we are not suited to eat animals...

ALSO DID YOU KNOW we were not suited for cold climates... we BARELY have any hair.. and yet we suit up with leather and live there

we were not made of TONS of stuff. we have no claws, bad night vision etc etc, we are a horribel horrible species... except...
our BRAIN, that is our one tool that enables us to survive... and we would NOT have survived on just greens and vegs and such in the WILD if we only ate those. we somehow inherently and INSTINCTIVELY KNEW to hunt animals and fill the rest of our diet with meat.

otherwise we would have died as a species and when you get down to it, that's what makes my point,

we would not survived without meat, thus wethere we were MEANT to be omnivours, or choose *because there was no other choice* the fact is we ARE omnivours, but in the heavenly supply of food stores we can live off greens today, though barely sufficiently

[edit on 063030p://upWednesday by indigothefish]

[edit on 063030p://upWednesday by indigothefish]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Text, stands for: People Eating Tasty Animals

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danger Girl
our teeth are not designed to eat meat. Someone has mislead you on this.

Right, have you ever tried to take a bite out of a calve's liver? Need a knife to cut it into a size that can be eaten and chewing won't break it down at all.

I'm all for eating naturally and eating meat on top of this because I just cannot think or have the energy to do anything on a vegan diet but my meat is going to have to come in the form of raw eggs, oysters, and the individual organs and muscles of small animals. No cows for me, ideally.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This discussion popped up from a Yahoo search concerning the need to eat meat which includes B12 in the content. It has been the last crutch for meat eaters to stand on. But, now the research has been complete. B12 (cobalamin) is only produced by bacteria. No other life form produces it. There are many forms of bacteria that produce it...some live in the digestive systems of animals, but most animals don't have enough bacteria in their gut to provide all that they need (the bovine species is an exception). The most abundant presence of cobalamin is in soil dwelling bacteria.

According to Nascobal.com the FDA has approved only two treatments for B12 deficiency. One is injection directly into the blood stream. The other is nasal. The digestive tract destroys B12. So, how do animals get their B12? Breathing it...fact...unless they are secretly injecting themselves with B12. So, how do humans get B12? Same way...breathing it...but gardening is the best method of getting B12. If you don't have a garden or means of keeping plants and healthy soil then cyanocobalamin needs to be snorted or injected.

Thus, again...science has proven that humans not only are vegans, but are plant farmers. Except for the violent humans that really just need some help.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Eating veggies shrinks the brain

Scientists have discovered that going veggie could be bad for your brain-with those on a meat-free diet six times more likely to suffer brain shrinkage.

Vegans and vegetarians are the most likely to be deficient because the best sources of the vitamin are meat, particularly liver, milk and fish. Vitamin B12 deficiency can also cause anaemia and inflammation of the nervous system. Yeast extracts are one of the few vegetarian foods which provide good levels of the vitamin.

Just sayin'...

[edit on 15-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hey guys, here's something to think about.
Did you know Pandas have sharp teeth?
They don't eat meat, they eat bamboo.
Here's another, there are some people who've raised there dogs and cats on a vegan diet, there pets live just fine, they have plenty of energy and are in good health.
How about the fact that a raw vegan diet has been proven to cure, cancer, asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and many other ailments, it also helps you loose wieght, gain muscle and look young and feel younger, it's true.
The doctors and many other health groups don't want you to know this stuff because they make money off of your pain, sickness and unhealthy lifestyles.

It's true we were designed to eat the fruit of the trees, the grains of the field and the herbs of the ground.
If you sow death into your body, your body will reap death, if you sow life into your body, your body will reap life.

THere are many raw vegans out there, some are even body builders, they hardly ever get sick, are constantly in good health and never have to take medicine.

If you want to believe in evelution, I guess you could say that this is the next step in evelution, to be a raw vegan (even though man was first raw vegan because his body was designed for that).

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

You can get plenty of B-12 from plants, any plant really, as long as it's organicly grown, organicly grown plants have plenty of B-12.

That is why natural is best. I bought some nectarines from the farmers market and they were amazing, they tasted like heaven, I bought some from the store, it had a sticker that said it was "tree ripe", it tasted horrible, it had almost no taste, it was like eating a store bought apple, disgusting. So not only does organic food taste better, it's better for you.

I know of no raw vegan that has any B-12 related problems. They almost never get sick, they have plenty of energy, they need less sleep, doesn't sound like an unhealthy person to me.

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
This discussion popped up from a Yahoo search concerning the need to eat meat which includes B12 in the content. It has been the last crutch for meat eaters to stand on. But, now the research has been complete. B12 (cobalamin) is only produced by bacteria. No other life form produces it. There are many forms of bacteria that produce it...some live in the digestive systems of animals, but most animals don't have enough bacteria in their gut to provide all that they need (the bovine species is an exception). The most abundant presence of cobalamin is in soil dwelling bacteria.

According to Nascobal.com the FDA has approved only two treatments for B12 deficiency. One is injection directly into the blood stream. The other is nasal. The digestive tract destroys B12. So, how do animals get their B12? Breathing it...fact...unless they are secretly injecting themselves with B12. So, how do humans get B12? Same way...breathing it...but gardening is the best method of getting B12. If you don't have a garden or means of keeping plants and healthy soil then cyanocobalamin needs to be snorted or injected.

Thus, again...science has proven that humans not only are vegans, but are plant farmers. Except for the violent humans that really just need some help.

Wow, that's awesome, thanks for letting me know that.
Sounds like the Bible has been right in every aspect.

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
Hey guys, here's something to think about.
Did you know Pandas have sharp teeth?
They don't eat meat, they eat bamboo.

You've been lied to, my friend.

They do indeed ea meat. Most bears tend to be "omnivores" and that includes Pandas. They eat plants but also eat small insects and animals they catch. They are very slow so they don't actively hunt like most, but yeah they do eat meat.

While primarily herbivorous, the panda still retains decidedly ursine teeth, and will eat meat, fish, and eggs when available. Wiki

Chimpanzees and gorillas are the same.
In fact meat is an HONOR to some groups of monkeys and the alpha male decides who gets to dig in.

They eat smaller monkeys by the way.
It's the food chain.

So you see, they...like us...can do both.
It is not unnatural, evil or some sort of cruel deviate behavior.

It is possible to hunt animals and respect them and nature.

Unless you believe the Native Americans hated the buffalo they celebrate.
The wasting came with the settlers.

Here's another, there are some people who've raised there dogs and cats on a vegan diet, there pets live just fine, they have plenty of energy and are in good health.

That is one of the most ridiculous things to do.
You deciding to remove meat is fine, but dogs and cats?

Well whatever.

Some people also put them in baby strollers and leave their vast fortunes to their pets.

Register them to vote while your at it.

- Lee

[edit on 16-9-2008 by lee anoma]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Dude, the food pyramid is a POS.
It was invented by the government.
Really, just look at the thing and think about it from a nutritianal view, it's crap.

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

That is one of the most ridiculous things to do.
You deciding to remove meat is fine, but dogs and cats?

Well whatever.

Some people also put them in baby strollers and leave their vast fortunes to their pets.

Register them to vote while your at it.

- Lee

Well that was just an uncalled for showing of hatred.
I guess it's wrong to take your dog off of the unnatural corn puff diet (dogfood) and give them better food? What's wrong with making your dog or cat healthier, unless your one of those sickos that thinks we need to mindlessly beat our animals, feed them raw meat to help encorage agressive behaviour so that we can put them in a dog fight, that's just wrong. My dogs love fruits and veggies, they're just fine.
There is a man (Dr. Carl Baugh) who has actually converted carnivorous fish such as pirahna to eating fruits and veggies, I know it's true, I've been to his center and have seen them with my own eyes.

I think killing animals for food is wrong, have you ever seen where those chicken nuggets or that burger comes from? It's disgusting, but whats even more disgusting than what we do to kill and eat animals is what we inject them with. The chickens we eat are white colored and 4 months old, that is unnatual, we pump them full of steroids and growth hormones and then kill them, sell the meat, and eat them, we do the same to cows and pigs and any other animal we eat, it's unnatual, wrong and we are now very much reaping what we have sown.

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Here's some good vegan/vegitarian videos, to help dispell myths, prejudices and misconceptions about us.

6 Common Myths About Vegans And Vegitarians

The Great American Factory Farm

(must see)

God Instructs us to be Vegan
(I'm a Christian, this is one of the main reasons why I'm going to become vegan agian)

-Jimmy

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join