It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google To Develop ISP Throttling Detector

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Google To Develop ISP Throttling Detector

www.hothardware.com

Google has been very vocal on its stance for net neutrality. Now, Richard Whitt--Senior Policy Director for Google--announces that Google will take an even more active role in the debate by arming consumers with the tools to determine first-hand if their broadband connections are being monkeyed with by their ISPs:

"We're trying to develop tools, software tools...that allow people to detect what's happening with their broadband connections, so they can let [ISPs] know that they're not happy wit
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is important because we all know that when we download torrents or anything in that nature, ISP's will throttle (make the connection slower) the connection and our speed will be greatly slow. Google is just becoming a monster will all of the software and services they are putting out, I just wonder what there agenda is, nobody can be this good all of the time.

www.hothardware.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i already know my isp provider British telecom is throttling my broadband speed..they keep telling me i have reached my unlimited download limit ?...i kid you not..im on the unlimited package and they say they have a " fair usage " package which to me means limit..my kids play alot of online games and push me past the unlimited limit easily....

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

I hate this. We are paying for unlimited usage, but ultimately it's not unlimited. Then with the ISP's talking about subscription service to the internet, it is time to start a new internet. Actually, this would not be hard at all, if you had the financial backing.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What are they up to? Youd be surprised and it probably somehow goes far beyond surveillance and wiretapping in the conventional since.

(C)orporations (I)n (A)merica

new topics

top topics

join