It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We'll bring a gun..." -Another Example of Obama's Poor Leadership

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Tell me, paid Obama Troll, what place Knives and Guns have at a debate, even metaphorically speaking? Don't you think it is a bit Harsh, really?

Is this a reply to me?

I am certainly not voting for Obama just FYI.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The truth is, this is no different than Bush's "bring it on" comment. Now the gullible hypocrites that whined about that are now all of a sudden ok with Ubama's comment.
I guess the secret is to make it more graphic for it to be acceptable.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The truth is, this is no different than Bush's "bring it on" comment. Now the gullible hypocrites that whined about that are now all of a sudden ok with Ubama's comment.

This is a billion orders of magnitude different then Bushes stupid ass "bring it on" comment...

FFS..

These threads are the pinnacle of hypocrisy and FAKE outrage...

It is so transparent..

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SavageHenry

A billion?
Can you provide just one example then?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

What is the deal with this "bring it on" thing? You have a video or something I can have a look at?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

No no no no no no no no no no no no no....

You've got to put it in the right context. Bush's bring it on comment was directed towards enemies of the U.S.

Obama's comment about brining a gun was directed towards a Presidential candidate, i.e., somebody who is NOT the enemy of the U.S., and in fact could be the next Commander in Chief.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Obama's comment about brining a gun was directed towards a Presidential candidate, i.e., somebody who is NOT the enemy of the U.S., and in fact could be the next Commander in Chief.

....Yes..

Of course you are totally correct.. I imagine the freepers here are calling the secret service right now...

Barrack Obama will be in custody in mere minutes..

Seriously.. Do you people have any idea how totally absurd every single one of your posts are?

The desperation ... The Drama... it never even slows down.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

If I understand this correctly, Bush was speaking in literal terms, and Obama was speaking metaphorically. How exactly can the two be compared?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnOldFriend
reply to post by jamie83

If I understand this correctly, Bush was speaking in literal terms, and Obama was speaking metaphorically. How exactly can the two be compared?

It can't..

It is a goddamn outrage that they even try to do it...

It is an insult to reason... It is an insult to the thousands of troops killed...

But at the same time it shows how totally devoid of substance their political stance has.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Well I say McCain is in serious trouble now, even GOP is not yet warming him up.But don’t worry it’s still an early race then. You never know a senior citizen might have the momentum to smoke the competition between the two; but then again I find this unlikely. The poll that I saw in PollClash, so far, is accurate. And it seems that the recent WSJ/NBC poll coincides with what pollcalash have, Now that the candidates are set for the US Presidential Election, Barack Obama and John McCain are beginning to set the tone for their campaign. Looking at their most recent speeches, what do you think about what you hear?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsooozavel
Well I say McCain is in serious trouble now, even GOP is not yet warming him up.But don’t worry it’s still an early race then. You never know a senior citizen might have the momentum to smoke the competition between the two; but then again I find this unlikely. The poll that I saw in PollClash, so far, is accurate. And it seems that the recent WSJ/NBC poll coincides with what pollcalash have, Now that the candidates are set for the US Presidential Election, Barack Obama and John McCain are beginning to set the tone for their campaign. Looking at their most recent speeches, what do you think about what you hear?

I applaud your attempt at trying to discuss the issues ....

Seriously...

This is not the thread for it.

I am saddened by that...

Sure I am getting a few laughs .. and I hope I have brought a few smiles to a few faces.

However ... I am still waiting to find an active thread that is not chock full of flaming idiocy, that is actually going to talk about the issues.

Obama is not my first choice... or even my second...

But right now he is the only choice, and I am tired of where the Bush Bots have taken this country ...

Like what we can do to fix the following...

Too bad there is filthy lies for the pigs to wallow and root around in.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavageHenry
this Magnificent Excellency Barrack Hussien Obama may peace be upon him,...

Huh ... and here I thought the obamatrons were trying to make everyone believe that their messiah wasn't connected with Islam in any way.

alot of Dems and Repigs...

repigs?? We dont' talk like that here.

Originally posted by jpm1602
Monster truck attending, trailer living, holy tshirt wearing, bud swilling rednecks grasping at straws at the fear a black man will lead this country.
Hide your white women on inauguration day.

Oh brother .. back to that 'you must be a racist if you dare bring up anything negative about obama' crap. :shk: Tired. Evasive. Seriously .. quit smoking that hope-ium.

I bet he has even ... masterbaited?!!?!

You do this crap everywhere. Grow up and quit spamming the board.

Originally posted by jpm1602
Bringing a knife to a gunfight is one of oldest truisms I've ever heard.
If McCain plays dirty, we'll play dirtier. Politics.

So then, Mr. Change/Hope/Unity isn't really a different kind of politician afterall? You admit that? He's just like the rest. So then, if he isn't change ... what is he left with when that rhetoric is taken away and the smoke from the hope-ium clears? Not much but an inexperienced junior politician with MANY ties to corruption and lies.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
You're attempting to change the subject by making a completely false comparison. This thread is about Obama, not Bush or McCain. And Bush talking about going to war with Iraq has nothing to do with Obama using the metaphor that he's going to "bring a gun" to his fight with McCain.

No I was not changing the subject. I was raising examples of the current political atmosphere in Washington, and nothing more. You were the one asking for sources. Remember?

And I also meant that Obama is up against more than just John McCain in this contest, he is up against the likes of Rush Limbaugh and his persuading his 25 million listeners to do what they can in his "operation chaos". He is very relevant in this discussion. But I know...you have a slight visual problem.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said at a Philadelphia fundraiser Friday night. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl.”

Hmmm....Philly has a huge black population and a LOT of inner city crime. If McCain had said the "folks in Philly like a good brawl" and mentioned knife/gun fights I would suspect the NAACP and Sharpeton would be screaming RACISM!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
We live outside of Philly. We go to the sports events and we like to go into the city for fun. I'm telling you guys ... we are a tough bunch of people. As sports fans .. we are NASTY. We are kinda mean and a rude 'in your face' bunch. That's the spirit of the city.

He was pandering to this.

If he was in L.A. he would have said things differently.

It's pandering... just like every other politician.

No change.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I was in favor of John Edwards or Bill Richardson but since we have Obama (whom I am not exactly thrilled with) I will object when I see mean and hateful attacks directed at him as a distraction from the real issues.

I attack because a lot of the posts here attacking Obama are just plain idiotic that's why. One of the mods has already complied a list of some of the more egregious right wing attacks against Obama.

And, none of them have anything to do with the issues at hand which are what we need to be debating not whether or not he wears a flag pin or what not.

At the same time if Obama had said if they bring a knife to the fight we'll bend over and spread our cheeks and take it like John Kerry... you would be attacking him for that.

It's childish, its idiotic and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

WE NEED TO BE DISCUSSING THE ISSUES... WHAT'S FACING US OVER THE NEXT FEW YEARS IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT!!!

All the rest is a distraction.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
He should've used a different line from The Untouchables, may I suggest:

"You wanna know how to get Capone (McCain)? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his (McCain's) to the morgue. THAT'S the CHICAGO way!"

Being a Senator from Illinois it would have been fitting.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Seriously.. Do you people have any idea how totally absurd every single one of your posts are?

Please stay on topic. The issue we're discussing is whether or not Obama's "we'll bring a gun" statement is a display of good leadership, especially in terms of his pledge to stop the "cycle of violence" in inner cities.

You've expressed how you feel about this. Discussing the poster, and not the topic, is a violation of the T&C and will be reported every time it happens from this point on.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Sounds like he was trying to paraphrase it anyway.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

And I also meant that Obama is up against more than just John McCain in this contest, he is up against the likes of Rush Limbaugh and his persuading his 25 million listeners to do what they can in his "operation chaos". He is very relevant in this discussion. But I know...you have a slight visual problem.

Can you people ever make a valid point without attempting to insult me personally? It doesn't make your arguments any stronger.

Buch, McCain, and Limbaugh are relevant to the discussion about everything leading up to Obama's comment. This still doesn't excuse or rationalize the metaphor he used about bringing a gun.

If Limbaugh would have said about Obama's attacks, "If they want a knife fight, we'll bring a noose" he would have all been excoriated in the msm and the dems would have passed resolutions asking for him to resign. But when Obama says "we'll bring a gun" he gets a free pass.

Why?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join