It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infrared Camcorders for UFO footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sorry if this is in the wrong area ...Please move if required Mods

I am looking to buy a camcorder compatible with MAC Leopard I-Life 08 but it must have Infrared capabilities.

I have seen some footage on youtube where there are two camera's running and one shows a clear sky no craft visible and yet the Infrared camera is able to pick up a UFO or object in the sky under some type of invisible mode.

I have hear they can cost upwards of $9500 dollars?

Could anyone steer me in the direction of a quality camcorder that could capture quality IR footage and be MAC friendly

Cheers

JPVSKYFREAK

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hey dude, well regular camcorders CMOS/CCD generaly will get you in the lower IR range of the IR spectrum from 750nm to prolly 970nm some camcorders have IR blocking lense but they can be mod to gain a few nm and to let through more photons with a simple hack u can find on hackaday.com but i dont think that would do what u want... Now if we go further in the IR spectrum u can get SWIR cams made by goodwrench which cover from 970nm to 2500nm in the IR shorwave spectrum with that u SHOULD be able to see something at a lower cost then a full spectrum IR cam, then u have FLIR that covers the whole IR spectrum but good ones that are bulky and in the 12000$ range...

See if u can get a demo cam for test from goodwrench that covers in the SWIR it'll be much cheaper and if it does what u want then u'r getting what u want at substancialy a much better price

have a good one.

www.sensorsinc.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
nice topic...

Myself, being in the Uk, im looking to get some gen 3 night vision goggles to go along with some IR kit and camera gear.

if anyone can recommend some good gen 3 kit it would be appreciated.

I am aware this gen 3 kit is expensive though price is not an issue.

From what ive read, i would need to purchase this kit in the UK as there are strict guidlines as to where you can take this kit outwith the country due to gen 3 kit not being available in certain countries due to security issues.

I will be using this kit for ufology purposes.

Ps, i am adding to this post as Gen 3 nightvision is supposed to be amazing for ufo spotting and far superior to IR.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by zeetroyman]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpvskyfreak
Sorry if this is in the wrong area ...Please move if required Mods

I am looking to buy a camcorder compatible with MAC Leopard I-Life 08 but it must have Infrared capabilities.

I have seen some footage on youtube where there are two camera's running and one shows a clear sky no craft visible and yet the Infrared camera is able to pick up a UFO or object in the sky under some type of invisible mode.

I have hear they can cost upwards of $9500 dollars?

Could anyone steer me in the direction of a quality camcorder that could capture quality IR footage and be MAC friendly

Cheers

JPVSKYFREAK

I think the footage you watched was the Pedro Avila infrared experiments from
Mexico city. This guy discovered what an infrared lens can do. But Pedro Avila
has two analog 8 mm standard handycams nothing sophisticated. He just bought
a special infrared lens available in some stores and attached the lens to one of
his cameras as you can see in these images I'm showing you.
Click on each image.

Any good old handycam will work with this lens wich is a reasonable priced option.
Since the handycam cameras are analog you will need a analog to DVI converter
like the Canopus for around 200 0r 300 dollars, the Pinnacle for Mac wich is less
expensive for around 90 dollars. Any of these converters work great through the
Mac Firewall or USB ports. I have a Mac Book Pro 17" Leopard and the Canopus
works very good. Of course you can buy a digital camcorder with video in and
out but nightshot don't work for this purpose and besides they are expensive.
The best option could be to use the military night vision camera if you are ready
to pay that amount of money in wich case you will need also a Firewall or USB
interface to hook to the Mac.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Oh if your referencing to the images above yeah thats not a IR cam or anything thats a regular camera with an IR filter on u can buy these for cheap on ebay and put it on a reg camcorder that should do it, if u wanna get fancy and really get the most of out of it get yourself this little lovely gadget here it retail at 80$ often on ebay

www.nitemaxultra.com...

Not only it'll work during the day but being a ultralow lux so it can be used
with awesome performance during the night. Put yourself a IR filter on that and they'll be able to run but not to hide

As for the guy that was asking for Gen3 night vision yeah the US regulates them pretty bad but check on ebay for "image intensifers" thats basicaly the main component thats what amplify the photos so u can see in the dark.. the rest is pretty basic electronic but u can often find the power supply board that comes with it for around 600-800$ but check often good gen2 and sometime gen3 are sold at 1000$

[edit on 15-6-2008 by _R4t_]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I forgot to post the link to the infrared lens.

This is the infrared lens that Pedro Avila is using. From KAYA Optics.

www.kaya-optics.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Did you find the right kit mate? Ive seen these UFOs with just the naked eye with witnesses.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If one is going to film UFOs you would think that it would be only logical to use a camera that records above the spectrum of visible light, not below it.

If an extra terrestrial craft is moving close to the speed of light, or has an out of this world power source, it would require an insane amount of energy. This would mean the energy vibrations would be higher and only visible in UV light or higher. I have never understood why people try to film at the low end of the spectrum.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Would that lens work on my regular Handycam???
I have the Sony DCR-HC26

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I found that canon has made an ir camcorder that can shoot ir in daytime. The camera is the XA20, it has 20x zoom and all the professional toys you'll need. It is awesome for what you are looking for and what you want it to do.It's price at about 2k. You need to add a 10stop nd filter and then a 720nm filter to get the IR range you want. The filter I use are from Hoya, there are different grades. So do the home work before you buy. Filter prices are around 75$ for the good ones. I just ordered the 920nm IRFilter. It's much pricier, around 250$ for it. Don't forget to get a good tripod! Good hunting!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jpvskyfreak

I used to convert some of my older dslr bodies for IR work so I didn't have to mess around with filters. The results can be stunning.

Recent dslr bodies all have HD video recording capability built in. Perhaps you could convert one to dedicated video use, or simply use the appropriate filters?

The added bonus of going this route is of course interchangeable lenses for different shooting situations.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It may be worthwhile looking on alibaba, made-in-china, or aliexpress for these items as they often provide free shipping. Choose ones which have good comments on them though. These may be better prices than ebay sellers or may have better choice ranges.

and from sensorsinc link above I found this - in case you needed to capture our irises in the future. (my emphrasis below)

SWIR close-ups of the human eye, as shown above, demonstrates the level of detail that can be reproduced. The transparency of the cornea extends well into the SWIR band enabling all the fine detail of the iris to be reproduced. This fine structure is a unique identifier of the individual and matching algorithms and databases built on data taken in the visible should be fully applicable to the SWIR images. This opens up new flexibility in capturing iris images. Most importantly, SWIR offers the ability to capture iris images at distance with controlled lighting sources that are eyesafe and essentially undetectable. SWIR offers the truly unique possibility of capturing iris images even when the individual wears regular eye glasses or even sunglasses.

Link to gallery
edit on 16 Oct 2014 by qmantoo because: add sensorsinc para

new topics

top topics

join