It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malik Obama confirms his half-brother Barack grew up a Muslim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Malik Obama confirms his half-brother Barack grew up a Muslim

web.israelinsider.com

Apparently the Obamas of Kenya have been reading those scurrilous emails to which Barack likes to refer, because they have no doubt -- contrary to the claims of the Obama campaign, that the presidential candidate was raised a Moslem. They take that as a given.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I dont know much about this thing with obama, but i thiught i would share this article with you all..

web.israelinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Already posted here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I see them dressed in Dashikis and kufis but I believe that garb is worn by Christians and Muslims, as well as followers of African traditional religions so lets not stereotype incorrectly based on the picture I know a lot of people in the 70's and 80's that in ordert show their african heritage dressed in these outfits, and they were not islamic, many of them go to African baptist church or other traditional churches.

If they met after that long and being raised up for the most part in two completely different cultural surroundings its hard to pin this whole muslim accusation on Obama.

And for me, I really don't care about your religion, the facts should be what is your platform and how good of a leader of the country you will be, if he says he is now a Christian, his children were baptised and its known fact he attended a Christian Church albeit contraversial for the last 20 or so years, lets stop digging up things to malign Obama, all this hatred for no apparent reason against this man is pitiful.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Did you notice the side panel on this website? It's loaded with anti-Obama slant. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a right wing writer.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

the caption under the photo says that it was taken when " THE FIRST TIME THEY MET IN 1985" HUH???? the first time they met????? in 1985????....so what are you trying to prove by your post????

you can't even read your own source correctly

[edit on 15-6-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Shortly after reading this kind of stuff I usually see a response "are Americans that (naive, stupid, retard, lame, etc) to believe that junk. People, don't believe any thing like this until it has some merit and don't email six friends anything you receive that says "send email this to all your friends". This just makes up all sound like a bunch of bumbling idiots. Our politics have gotten so crass that we destroy ourselves over smear and lies.

"Google is a Tabloid"!

[edit on 6/15/2008 by AlabamaCajun]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
the caption under the photo says that it was taken when " THE FIRST TIME THEY MET IN 1985" HUH???? the first time they met????? in 1985????....so what are you trying to prove by your post????

Obama's half brother (whom he didn't meet until 1985, as pointed out) was obviously his father's son by an African wife. Raised in Africa, Malik might well be Muslim. In 1985 Barack Obama was a member of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.

Obama, unlike Malik, was raised in the U.S. by a mother of no specific religion, though I believe she was nominally Christian. It's true, I think, that his stepfather in Indonesia took him to the mosque a few times. There's no doubt Barack was EXPOSED to the Muslim faith while growing up. There is no evidence that he was ever a practicing Muslim, or that he ever embraced the faith.

The article you posted is from Israelinsider; it's true some Israelis are concerned that if Obama was elected president he would favor the Palestinians in negotiations between the two. However, Obama's recent remarks and speeches show him to be pro-Israel in his stance.

I personally do not care what religion he was raised in or exposed to as a child. His background might actually be an asset in dealing with Muslim countries.

This "Muslim question" is being raised time and again by opponents to play on the fear that Obama will somehow turn on the U.S. as soon as he is elected president, declare "holy jihad" on his own country, and somehow wreak mass destuction on the U.S. with the aid of Muslim extremists. This idea is patently ridiculous.

I am tired of these threads; this is the last one like it that I will respond to.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I see this thread hit a wall already. Truther, if you're going to call yourself that, tell the truth. Presenting an article totally out of context is ridiculous and aims to tell no one the truth.

Don't you think enough lies have been told. This, for me, will also be the last time I respond to a thread like this. Every allegation has fallen to pieces, every charge is fueled by anti-Muslim fervor, every thread alleging something that can't be proven...because you can't prove a lie.

This is tiring, I thought ATS was about intelligent debate, not outright misguiding and lying. Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Who cares?

Muslim, Christian, Atheist, Agnostic...

It's freaking religion. It has nothing to do with government to begin with. Leave it alone.

Can we talk about voting records or something tangible?

Jesus.

top topics

join