It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS SETI BOINC Team?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Does Above Top Secret have a SETI BOINC Team?

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by EliteXizer]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
if we dont, we should at least when everything's officially switched to BOINC

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I made an ATS group on BOINC.

...Har. Now I think Simon will be annoyed with that. You can delete groups, right? Because when I made it I assumed you could... I hope so >_>

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
you can with SETI@Home so I would imagine you could with BOINC too

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Okay I renamed it to something else.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
To the best of my knowledge, the BOINC is still in beta. When SETI switches over to BOINC, I believe we will be the ATS BOINC@HOME Team. It will be pretty good for competitve people, because everything starts new. However the whole point of the project is a TEAM thing. As far as I am concerned every WU I crunch, is one less to do. I know some ATSers have the Beta version running now, and I believe Xn? has a Boinc thread started.

Genya?

Trick

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hi TMT/ all!!

Thanx for the questions EliteXizer, although we have quite exhaustive threads on BOINC already, as a glimpse at the Index would show. You'll notice that xn has put in considerable efforts with his Official BOINC Beta Test news thread for example.

As regards BOINC itself - yes, SETI@home will close - have a look at the prime source, the Future directions of SETI@home which is found at the SETI@home web site.

I'm sure those in the team who are committed to the idea of distributed computing (which is about 80 members as of 3rd March 2004) will continue to "donate" their computers to running BOINC, EliteXizer, and an ATS BOINC team will be established to represent us. I'm not currently using BOINC myself, as SETI@home is well established, whilst BOINC is still in a developemnt stage (or so I gather from xn's updates).

When the time comes (as it will) to "move", then I suspect that either:

Simon will establish and manage the team?

or

An ATS BOINC manager(s) will establish and manage the team?

I hope that answers any questions you have EliteXizer but, as always, we will try to answer any unresolved issues!!!

Let's go ATS SETI@home (soon to be BOINC) team!!

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Genya]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
BOINC team established...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join