It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Pulsars being blasted into outerspace from the Yukatan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
A friend of mine who lives in Mexico says that they are blasting massive pulsars into outerspace from the Yukatan area. Anybody know whats going on out there?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Err... If someone is "blasting" pulsars, they'd probably melt entire earth and possibly wipe out the solar system. A pulsar is a rather hot neutron sun with about 1.5-2 times the mass of our own sun.

Sure he said that?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybach Hanson

evidence ?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

We can't blast pulsars into space.. Perhaps your friend meant pulses into space. Which we do all the time, so I wouldn't spend any time worrying about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

We can't blast pulsars into space.. Perhaps your friend meant pulses into space. Which we do all the time, so I wouldn't spend any time worrying about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ask him to take some pics.
And maybe he did mean pulses?
and where did he see this at? can we get some google map cordinates?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Pulses it must be. EMP's, Pulses example for disabling weapons in war etc. Imo, thinking we are trying to get our tech on that sorted as a theory states by using a pulse engine (nuclear) we would be able to travel to Mars in about two months. I suppose it is a better option than a 8 or 9 month ride.

The 2 months theory was quite a few years back and i have read that they could do it faster? But i am not so into the time frame thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It's probably not a pulsar unless you are refering to the Nissan Pulsar and even then I don't think they make a massive sized one. Maybe your buddy meant pulses or pluses. Dunno but sounds neat!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
maybe your friend is talking about the Arecibo Observatory?

Arecibo Observatory

not quite in the Yucatan but pretty close.

top topics

join