It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malik Obama Confirms Brother Barack Obama IS MUSLIM

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What all this boils down to, really is this.

The US government and media has spoon fed the general populace so much anti-muslim propaganda that a large section of society over there now appears to be incapable of differentiating between normal everday people and homicidal maniacs.

Muslim has become the new "scare" word - much like communism was in the 50's. Its a new McCarthy era. People have fallen for it hook line and sinker.

And those that oppose Obama as a candidate appear to be so scared that he's going to win, or so desperate to smear the guy in whatever way they can that they are milking that paranoia for all its worth.

You can make a fairly good case to say that the Bush administration lied through its teeth to justify the invasion of Iraq. Because of that 5,000 US service personnel are dead, hundreds of "coalition" troops are dead and the civilian death toll may well be in the hundreds of thousands. And yet people would rather make an issue out of someones supposed religion, and ask if they are fit to run a country because of it.

Thats crass hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Oh im sorry the last time checked it was the individuals choice as to what he/she chooses to be, not a group of conservatives. Barack Obama was not raised as a muslim and CHOSE not to become one. He CHOSE to become a christian and attended church for 20years.

We dont choose as to what family we are born to but we CAN CHOOSE what religion we wish to follow, get it right. I dont think we need people telling what we are and what we have to be, this is a free country.

Obama says his not muslim, thats his choice. If your going to label an individual against his choice simply because of what environment he was brought up in you better start reading up on what the US was founded upon. You dont have a say in what religion Obama follows, only he does and only him. Get your facts straight.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Why does anyone believe this Malik character when their father LEFT Barack Obama when he was TWO YEARS OLD? How could Malik know anything about how Obama was raised?

From the OP source:

Malik holds a photo of Obama and him in Muslim dress, reportedly when the two first met in 1985

They FIRST met when Barack was 24 years old. If their father left Barack when he was TWO, How does Malik know HOW obama was raised during the intervening 22 years??

I did notice that the source for the OP is quite unbiased.

It is not clear whether Barack Obama will now disown his half-brother Malik, or throw him under the campaign bus, for acknowledging that shared family background.

Shared? What's shared?
I'm sorry, if anyone believes this crap, they're just looking for another reason to hate Obama. He didn't lie. This Malik dude is making stuff up.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Originally posted by FlyersFan

None .. IF he had said that he was.
But he claims that he NEVER was.
That's a lie. Not change/hope/unity. But a lie.

Hows it a lie? Simply because he was born to a non-practicing muslim father who left him at the age of two he was labelled one? So in this world in this age we have no choice as to what we want to be and what religion we choose to follow? I dont think so my friend. Obama chooses to be a christian, its his choice, he doesnt have to lie about anything, on the other hand mccain has alot to lie for.

He claims he never studied Islam but that's a lie too.
His indonesian school chums have been very vocal about it.

He didnt, they already had numerous visits to the school and found that to be false. Heres a video:
www.youtube.com...

Ofcourse you people wouldnt believe this video, you have an agenda behind posting smear threads, you couldnt care less whether it was fact or fiction (just get Bush his third term).

The fact that he was a muslim doesn't matter.

LIE, it does matter to this population of ignorant right wing prats. It was this fear mongering that got Bush his war in Iraq and now you people wish to continue on this failed policy ignoring true republican values.

The fact that he LIED about something does.

He didnt lie about anything, its his CHOICE what he wants to be. The only people who LIE here are you people posting these fear mongering threads all over this forum.

That goes against all the rhetoric he has been spewing about change/hope/unity.

Whats wrong with hope? whats wrong with change? you dont want change in the current path the US is following? Ron Paul certainly wants change but it appears some of his supporters tend to flip flop over what they believe in.... Unity? This nation needs unity more than ever ya know. You have a problem with Obamas rhetoric? Tell me what president ever campaigned without these kinds of messages and this kind of hype huh? Its election season buddy, get use to it.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I thought that once you are a Muslim that you cannot convert to another religion. If you did then they have the right to kill you.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Brothers

Wow, even if this is true you should definitely research something like that before you go around spreading such rumors. And I am certain that this practice would not be allowed in the US and many other countries if true.

As for this Malik guy, who is he really? Why should I believe anything he says?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm not buying the CT that Obama is a "Manchurian Candidate" of sorts, nor do I buy into the Muslim arguement, terrorist or otherwise.

C'mon guys...he's a black Christian, running for President, and stands a pretty decent shot of winning it. He won't be getting my vote, but not because I believe any of the rumors being spread about him, it's simply a matter of my idealogical disagreement with the man.

Sure, he has family that are Muslims, but that does NOT automatically insinuate that he has terrorist ties to Muslim extremists.

Besides, you all want "change" from the current administration, right? Well, it's coming in spades people.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This has gone way beyond ridiculous. If your brother says you're a muslim, that automatically makes you a muslim?
I'm pretty sure Barack has a will of his own.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I dunno ... as much as Barack Obama is trying to distance himself from his ties to Islam it seems he can't. He's already been caught in one lie about the whole Rev. Wright mess and now this. Each day I trust Obama less and less and grow more fearful for the future of this country.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnOldFriend
reply to post by Brothers

Wow, even if this is true you should definitely research something like that before you go around spreading such rumors. And I am certain that this practice would not be allowed in the US and many other countries if true.

As for this Malik guy, who is he really? Why should I believe anything he says?

Wow, maybe YOU should take the time to research what you criticize others for and confirm you have any ground to stand on before you go accusing someone else of ignorance and spreading "rumors".

If you're Muslim and you change religion, it IS actually true that you are supposed to be killed under the rules of apostacy, as referenced by the following:

The hadiths of Bukhari and Muslim, however, states that "if they change religion (islam), kill them."

Source: www.answering-islam.org...

Abdul Rahman, 41, was arrested last month after his family alerted authorities that he was a Christian. He converted about 16 years ago, but the allegations were raised now because of a custody dispute, according to reports. The judge hearing his case was quoted as saying Rahman could face the death penalty if he refused to return to Islam.

Source: www.cnsnews.com.../ForeignBureaus/archive/200603/FOR20060321a.html

www.answerbag.com...

And when was it ever a crime for someone to voice their opinion on these boards? I found your remark to the previous poster distasteful and disrespectful.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by sos37]

[edit on 15-6-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
I dunno ... as much as Barack Obama is trying to distance himself from his ties to Islam

What has he done to try to distance himself from these alleged "ties" to Islam? And what ARE these ties to Islam? Exactly.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So his family were muslim when he was 2 and he's not now, and he's a politician who (allegedly) has told a lie. So what. Bigger lies have (allegedly) been told by the Bush's, Clinton's, Blair and probably 100's of other politiciancs round the world. Get over it.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
He's gonna pull us out of the Middle East and put us in Africa, starting with Kenya, to supposedly protect the Christians and Western Investments. But he won't do much about any Muslim faction, one way or the other. He will be stuttering and nebulous, reaching for heights hoped for but unattainable, and crashing down when he doesn't get his way. His presidency will promise much, deliver as little as McCain's, and disillusion both Red and Blue America.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Wow, maybe YOU should take the time to research what you criticize others for and confirm you have any ground to stand on before you go accusing someone else of ignorance and spreading "rumors".

Oh get off it sos. What he said is a rumor and nothing more if he has nothing to back it up. I never said he was wrong I am saying that he should have provided evidence to support what he is saying especially this. I didn't bring it up so why the hell should I be the one to find the evidence?

Anyway thank you for sharing those passages, now we know it not just rumor.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Ok, so the law says he has to be killed by Islam law if he converts to another religion...so? That doesn't mean someone is going to be able to do anything about it. That isn't a law here. He is free of religious persecution here.

I'm not even a Barack supporter and I don't understand why this matters. He was born Muslim and then converted to Christianity...I see no issue with this.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by metatronscube]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Barack Obama’s half brother claims that his brother, Democrat Presidential candidate Barack Obama, was raised as a Muslim. Contrary to the Obama campaign’s assertions otherwise. Malik says he will make a good president despite his Muslim upbringing.

Malik Obama confirms his half-brother Barack grew up a Muslim.

web.israelinsider.com...

[edit on 15-6-2008 by jetxnet]

I don't get the point of these threads. They have absolutely nothing to do with politics. Why can't a Muslim, Buddist, Hindu, Wiccan, Satanist, Athiest, etc. not be as good a president as a Christian? And why does anyone care what religion someone is?

I don't go around picking and choosing my friends and acquaintances base on their religious beliefs, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or any anything else like that. Maybe some of you do, but I don't. I really don't care.

It's more than fair for anyone to like/not like either McCain or Obama based on politics but why try to make an issue of such trivial things?

You guys understand that there are THREE branches of government with checks and balances to help ensure that no branch becomes too powerful, right?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Well pointed out, sir.

Personally, I'd rather see an atheist or agnostic be President. At least then we know they won't be 'speaking' to some Imaginary Friend....

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Would it be such a huge story if he had been a Christian as a youth as opposed to a Muslim? Of course not. Nobody would be on here saying "he LIED.
".

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm not saying that Obama is or is not Muslim, or that he did or did not lie about having been one. I will say this, though:

I was raised as a Catholic. I attended Catholic studies as a child. I'm certain childhood friends from that era of my life would remember me as having been Catholic in faith. Family members might call me Catholic.

As far as I'm concerned, I am not Catholic and never considered myself to be Catholic.

So, am I lying?

[edit on 6/15/2008 by AceWombat04]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

"And when was it ever a crime for someone to voice their opinion on these boards? I found your remark to the previous poster distasteful and disrespectful. "

Lord...given what you have posted here you have no place lecturing anyone on taste or respect. You have shown niether. You have spread lies either through ignorance or malice. Muslim? This man's maternal uncle left Obama when he was 2 years old. What does he know of Obama's upbringing? This is the source? Oh, but who cares about accuracy when it has all the joy's of fear mongering and religious intolerance.

So exhausting. So ugly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join