It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MiG 29 OVT demo vid.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That is a nice vid off the OVT.

It sure helps RAC MiG with designing future migs with TVC much, much better.

Just put this TVC into the MiG-35 then you got something realy good!

I can see the advantages off having 35`s in production off replacing the older MiG-29`s and that a naval version is built with the name: MiG-35K.

It would increase the slaughter power off the Kutznetzov significantly. and that coupled with a SU-35BM naval version to replace/enhanche the SU-33.

It would be daaaaaaaarn sweet

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

The only place I found the RCS of the 22 is the 3rd link search.yahoo.com... that says "F-22 Raptor darkgovernment" in GlobalSecurity and others don't give out the specifics:

Dark Government is not a reputable source.

Global security, if you find the right page, DOES have specifics AND is a reputable source.

Irbis-E CANNOT detect F-22 at 90km, it's RCS is FAR smaller than 0.01.

The new ones because from what I've read in Airforce Monthly/Combat Aircraft Magazines the 22 DOESN'T have "data-link" with other 22's, but relise on "Radio-comunications" correct me if I'm wrong the baseline 27 have data-links, let alone the new Su-35BM's and it will know when the 22 is in the air.

Incorrect.

Included in the Communications/Navigation/Identification (CNI) system is an Inter/Intra-Flight Data Link (IFDL) that allows all F-22s in a flight to share target and system data automatically and without radio calls.

www.globalsecurity.org...

They plan on retrofitting full datalinks that work with all aircraft.

You do know what ECM/ECCM are don't cha, you don't really think the 35BM's going to be built with out them right? If your radar missile radar can't track/lock on to you the 22 won't be able to shoot anything, outside of using it's Guns.

No.

I think the real question is, do YOU know what ECM and ECCM are? Jammers is often like holding a big 'I'M HERE' sign up into the air. AMRAAM can just use HOJ while the AN/APG-77 could burn through any jammers - and it's not like the Su-35 can focus all its radar energy onto the F-22 as the Su-35 simply CANNOT detect it as already proven.

Please do as I see it so far he's on point, so you should be able to find other sources that can easily disproove his claims, I'll be waiting.

Sources to disprove his claims?

Uh, Dr. Kopp is simply an ARMCHAIR expert who recycles the same old garbage over and over again, who hasn't flown a single mission for the RAAF. What he is however, is irresponsible. He wants to to spend 6 - 8 billion dollars retrofitting 6500 hour F-111s as well as buying a large number of F-22s. He lost - and got completely obliterated by REAL defense analysts. Please follow the link I gave you in my previous post(s). As stated, the ONLY thing he does now is ATTACKS the F-18F and F-35 using the same old rhetoric he spouted in court - now in a desperate attempt of persuading the Australian public in his favour.

His Russian LPI claims are WRONG.

His F-111 proposal was WRONG.

His F-35 short legs is WRONG.

His SUPER SU-35 claims are WRONG.

His F-22 claims are WRONG.

If you want me to address a specific part of the Kopp rhetoric, just ask, but as always, he is WRONG.

The R-77T/T-PD will do that well.

How many countries are using R-77T? Why does it matter because the Irbis CANNOT detect the F-22 at any effective range?

One last thing, you do understand Kopp is trying to convince us that the F-22 is NECESSARY to fight against the Su-35, not that the F-22 is insufficiant. It's not in his best interest to contradict himself.

[edit on 26/6/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

agreed.
opinions will be opinions. hard to change them. Even if you're on the same side as the Su's!

Well lets just say that those who fly/command either a/c type are realists so good on em'.

EDIT: Why is F-35 short legs wrong?
At least in the RAAF's case?

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Daedalus3]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

Ok, I'll start a new thread on that, i'll post it when I can be bothered, it could be in a tomorow, it could be a week. Who knows? Anyway, do you, or does anyone have any information regarding the combat radius for the F-18, F-18F, & F-111? Many sites have information, but nothing specific - it would be a nice to know how many drop tanks they're using and also there payload. Range with one refuelling would be nice too for these aircraft, including for F-35.

[edit on 28/6/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Is it true that the nw Su-35BM have a RCS equivelent of an F-16?

I'm not sure about the supercruise capability of the Su-35BM, but the new AL-41F1 fitted engine sure looks impressive.
Maybe in clean modus it can reach SC?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join