It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shower Curtain Alert! Don't Inhale!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hi All,

I have to put in my 7 year experience with PVC (poly vinyl chloride).

From '79-85 I worked for a plastic pipe manufacturer. I was around the fumes for 44 hr/wk. There were times when I had my face close to the die of the extruder. No doubt breathing LOTS of fumes over the years. Other times when the line would break down the molten plastic would jam up and burn releasing clouds of the gases. That's the only time I ever had any kind of problem. PVC is a known carcinogen. Still as of today I have NO problems resulting from all that exposure back then. Think of how the different agencies test these type of things. They expose the test subject (animals/rodents) to EXTREMELY high levels to get their results. Not just PVC but many other products as well.

So, IMHO there is NO danger in the tiny amount of gas from a new shower curtain.

Slightly off topic...
what about the FDA? How is it that they approve certain drugs then have to do a recall? How about all the food that gets by them? Tomatoes/spinach comes to mind.

Thanks for reading,
DenverMan

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This just in, newsflash: Use of artificial materials a health risk.
This just in, newsflash: Working against nature and it works against you.
This just in, newsflash: Your furniture has formaldehyde in it which is carciogenic.
This just in, newsflash: Vaccinations have hazaradous base preservatives (mercury and active ingredients used in antifreeze).
This just in, newsflash: Beauty products are really plastics.
This just in, newsflash: The sky is blue.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join