It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans block measure s.3044 in attempt to investigate gas gouging

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The information is out there is always whistle blowers that give away bits and pieces of what is going on, but not enough media coverage due to ownership of our media by corporate entities.

Plus most people are fed the regular propaganda of no enough oil refineries, demand, and the middle east fault, and they believe it.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Marg....the GOP is not the ONLY party that major corps control. Yes...the GOP has a history with Big Oil....the DEMs have a history with Big Unions and contracts specific to major construction projects that are of such scope that they make Big Oil profits look like a pimple amoung mountains.

This is why I say....most people have no clue. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The information is out there is always whistle blowers that give away bits and pieces of what is going on, but not enough media coverage due to ownership of our media by corporate entities.

Plus most people are fed the regular propaganda of no enough oil refineries, demand, and the middle east fault, and they believe it.

Marg...I have been part of the system for a long time....as were my parents....but I did so out of a patriotic desire. After awhile...a person sees a reality...not all bad...but some.

Whistle Blowers see what they want them to see....there is no random action....these people scult reality...as have I. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Janky Red

Thanks for that post, it doesn't matter, sometimes you can put all the facts in the table and still people can not see the truth, but then again all you can do is try to educate them and bring them from the propaganda that has taken place in this nation to hide the facts of what is going on with our politics, economy and corruption.

Many can not absorve the big lie about gas prices in the US and how oil prices of oil are manipulated for profits

Oil Prices: Sanders Says Speculators Keeping Crude Artificially High

The American people have a right to know exactly who caused gas prices to skyrocket in 2008 and who is causing them to spike today." Sanders is an Independent who usually supports Democratic Party positions in the Senate.

"This report clearly shows that in the summer of 2008 when gas prices spiked to more than $4 a gallon,Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and other speculators on Wall Street dominated the crude oil futures market causing tremendous damage to the entire economy," Sanders said, in a statement. "The CFTC has kept this information hidden from the American public for nearly three years. That is an outrage."

www.ibtimes.com...

Taking the Cop Off the Oil Speculation Beat

As an oil front group tours the country trying to convince Americans that oil companies aren’t responsible for high gas prices, House Republicans are celebrating the one-year anniversary of Rep. Joe Barton’s (R-TX) apology to BP (coming up this Friday!) by going to bat for the Wall Street speculators and oil traders that are artificially driving up the price of oil (and gas). Here’s a rundown of the action unfolding.

thinkprogress.org...

Marg I took it down cause I am making a new thread -

Thanks for being the voice of sanity here... The thread will be sort of rough, like I am... I just really
think the apologists need to get a dose of their own medicine

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Trust me I have not party affiliations I see both parties for what they are, nothing but corruption in our elite two party system.

Whenever you have the chance give away some site we can research that you may know with some information.

edit on 18-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

thanks is ok, I have more information I will gladly check your new thread. U2 me a link.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Trust me I have not party affiliations I see both parties for what they are, nothing but corruption in our elite two party system.

Whenever you have the chance give away some site we can research that you may know with some information.

the things I do know cannot be found at any site as they are a result of a lifetime of experience. I have been fortunate in that i have not allowed myself to become a puppet. Still....on some occasions...I should have known better. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Then by all means just post a littler bit of what you know and make us happy with the juicy news.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Here is where I found the price control...in the segment of the bill someone posted

s.3044

"No Oil Producing and Exporting Cartels Act of 2008 or NOPEC - Amends the Sherman Act to make it illegal for any foreign state to act with another foreign state to: (1) limit the production or distribution of oil, natural gas, or any other petroleum product; (2) set or maintain prices for such products; or (3) otherwise take any action in restraint of trade for such products. Denies sovereign immunity or act of state doctrine protections for foreign states who engage in such such illegal conduct. Amends the Commodity Exchange Act to require the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) to: (1) determine that foreign boards of trade subject to CFTC jurisdiction regulate and provide information on off-shore oil trading; and (2) set a substantial increase in margin levels for all oil futures trades, contracts, or transactions"

Here's backup to my position, and I just found it now, so it merely confirms my understanding of it

The "No Oil Producing and Exporting Cartels Act" (NOPEC) provisions would waive sovereign immunity and subject OPEC nations to federal antitrust laws, a move that could strain international relations, spur retaliatory efforts and force those nations to stop selling oil to the United States. Finally, price controls on oil and gas companies under the guise of "price gouging" protections could distort market price signals that act to efficiently allocate fuel. This could exacerbate shortages, result in gasoline lines and generally make consumers worse off.

www.uschamber.com...

edit on 19-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ha, nice work GOP

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Rule number one of Political $ervitude - never allow legislation to pass that investigates your lord and masters. They paid good money for your loyalty.

This is what lobbying and SuperPACs buys you - favorable rulings and a government that does your bidding or looks the other way while you plunder the working class.

Good job GOP, way to show whose team you're really on.

Gas Gougers +1
Peasants - 0

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Rule number one of Political $ervitude - never allow legislation to pass that investigates your lord and masters. They paid good money for your loyalty.

This is what lobbying and SuperPACs buys you - favorable rulings and a government that does your bidding or looks the other way while you plunder the working class.

Good job GOP, way to show whose team you're really on.

Gas Gougers +1
Peasants - 0

Ya, if you think about it, those gas prices really brought the entire system down, they caused just
enough stress to assist in snapping the whole pile. GOP are pro business to the point where they
cannot even see corruption, because they think any means of earning a buck is legitimate.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Why are you reviving a misleading 2008 thread on a Bill that Senator Barack Obama decided NOT to vote for?

Do you even look at that the subject of the story or just blindly follow your NON (in this case) leader?

jw

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: just great

This is a really good thread.

I think the American people are even more demented in the 8 years since this thread was written.

I just can't believe that the GOP blocked a simple investigation into this (well I can) we could of saved Billions and Billions
I believe...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join