It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freshly Caught

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Greetings to all. I'm cavedog, a long time online citizen. I go back to BBS days, when we all thought 2400 baud was fast. (Anyone remember Tradewars?).

I found abovetopsecret.com from a local forum. The first time I saw the link I just brushed it off, as the individual who posted it has a reputation of being a window washer for shuttle flights (low earth orbit type). But curiosity got the better of me, and I'm been tooling around her for a few hours, and decided to register.

I'm a life-time skeptic, with fits of optimism. Those fits are usually slayed by ugly facts, or the cold brutal truth, after which I drink scotch and get all maudlin.

My interests constantly evolve and change, much to the chagrin of my wives (on #3), but I never really let go of each item of interest, I just back burner it until the fermentation is done.

The avatar is me, taken about three years ago. I've still got the sunglasses, but I seem to have lost the shirt in a bet concerning a horse.

I'm a fiscal conservative, in that I don't believe in buying on credit, be it me or a government. My other political views will have to be experienced in the forums, as to simply explain them would not do them justice. I'm not a belonger to groups, so I just pick and choose what I like and discard the rest.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Great introduction CaveDog!

Yes I remember the BBS days
Sounds like you will fit right in! ...Let me welcome you and wish you happy posting on your journey! Look forward to your posts...
at 3rd wife, long may you rave

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Welcome cavdog. Glad you decided to join us. We're always in need of fresh blood...er...meat....er...viewpoints. Yeah...Viewpoints. That's it.

Really, we are glad you joined.

Here's some links to how things work, and the answers to some whys:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

See you on the boards.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
hey cave, welcome, nice to see new freshly caught m m member. Meet me, i'm nuts, often seen following lateapexer around...hehe.

Looking forward to following you around too, kidding. (or am I?)...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
yo dog, Welcome

Yeah I remember 2400 baud, In those days you could do a search for "the Beatles" and only get 30 hits.
Some of these kids now don't know they're born.

"Free the Commodore 64!"

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hi cavedog, and a belated welcome to ATS. Stop by BTS sometime if you need to relax or just need to smile.

Rush

top topics

join