It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: More secret documents found on London train

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Report: More secret documents found on London train

www.cnn.com

LONDON, England (CNN) -- A second set of confidential papers on British terrorism policies were found on a train, The Independent reported on Sunday.

A member of the public found a set of papers on British terrorism policies at the Waterloo station in London.

A member of the public found the documents at the Waterloo station in central London and turned them over to the London-based newspaper, Simon Evans, a journalist at The Independent, told CNN.

The paper gave them to the Treasury Cabinet
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Holy Moly!

The documents outline how trade and banking systems "can be manipulated to finance illicit weapons of mass destruction in Iran," The Independent reported.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I read this earlier and had just assumed it was already posted.

I read the article and thought.... What is the angle? The odds of this "Accidentally" happening twice would have to be REALLLLY low. So, why is someone intentionally leaking this info? Is it to expose these plans before they happen or is it disinfo?

Or is it really just an accident?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Or is it really just an accident?

I highly doubt that it's an accident (well, the authorities probably look at info-leaks as accidents anyway).

Perhaps... the first one was an accident, and this one is deliberate?

Kinda as if someone realised that they could get information to the press, thanks to a one-off coincidence.

Ah, the miracles that coincidences can bring upon the world are as unfathomable as they are well-timed.

Anyway, the measures through which one can manipulate the banks to get a rather large amount of money for nothing is known to me, and i even considered financing my own little private army from it at one point, until i reminded myself that i actually quite like my boring and secure livelihood the way it is.

I find it odd that an intelligence service is only just picking up on this.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

I find it odd that an intelligence service is only just picking up on this.

Which is one of the reasons I am suspecting disinfo.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

That's a very good reason to suspect.

Still, whoever left the document may be attempting to highlight something that we need to use our heads to fully realise.

It's kinda as if he's found a missing peice of the puzzle, and had no other means to get it to us other than through the MSM.

Specifically, this may be highlighting how the secret service is actually working in favour of the "Iran is the enemy" mentality, which ultimately would implicate that service for holding a bias for American Interests.

Don't forget, this is a British story, so it's only natural to assume it's a British Secret Service.

Even if it's disinfo, it's serving a purpose, and whether that purpose is the one it was designed for or one that has arisen out of speculation is a matter that can but be speculated upon.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Another possibility, is that the stories are fake, and are being cooked up by the MSM in the first place in order to pressure Government.

Which would be horrifying in a way, to discover that the MSM is actively manipulating the Government.

*cough* Murdoch *cough*

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

That's the problem with assuming

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

That's the problem with assuming

Or then again, I could have assumed correctly.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I always find these cases highly questionable. Any documents taken from a secure location are likely in a brief case or similar. Why then would the document folder be removed and left behind? Sorry, this all stinks of a deliberate "leak" to get information out to the media for print, hoping that the document contents will overshadow the actual means by which the information was obtained.

Then we have the whole thing in the story about illicit banking funding Iran's WMD programme? Oh purleeeeeeese! Just as the government and the US are calling for more squeezes on Iranian assets and banking. Anybody else think this is getting a wee bit stinky?

top topics

join