It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qi pathways

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Qi meridians and resevoirs

8 peice brocades Chi Kung video clip
www.youtube.com...

6 healing sounds video
www.youtube.com...

5 animal frolic Chi Kung video
www.youtube.com...

Videos of Qigong practice here-
www.energyarts.com...

site about meridians
www.wingchunkwoon.com...

Basic heavenly circuit meridians, Ren and du, or cenception and governing

And actually, there are more ciruits I think than just the small circuit (back and front channels along the vaery center of the body), and large circuit (circulation along the three yin channels and 3 yang channels in the arms and legs, 12 total), but those are the base ones that cirvulate thorughout the body throughout the 24 hour day.

The Large meridian orbit circultaes along the arms and legs, along the yin side to the yang side, inside arms and legs, and outside arms legs. Along the inside of the arms to the finger tips along the back of the arms to the head and around down the outside of the legs and up the inside of the legs.

And there are 8 vessel meridians, which store energy sort of, meridians are like rivers of energy vessels are like lakes. One vessel cirulates in a path around the waist and is called the "belt" meridian vessel.

www.acumedico.com...
www.acumedico.com...

Hui Yin energy gate

Dantian or Tan t'ien (Chinese: Dāntián 丹田; Japanese: Tanden 丹田; Korean: 단전 DanJeon 丹田; Thai Dantian ตันเถียน ; English: One-Point) which literally means "cinnabar or red field" and is loosely translated as "elixir field". It is described as an important focus point for internal meditative techniques, and refers specifically to the physical center of gravity located in the abdomen three finger widths below and two finger widths behind the navel. It is important in qigong, neigong, tao yin and other breathing techniques, as well as for traditional Chinese medicine and is also widely used throughout East Asian meditation and martial arts theory, especially the neijia school of Chinese martial arts.

The Dan Tian is sometimes divided into sections. The lower Dan Tian (at the navel as described above) is associated with physical energy, and sometimes sexuality. The middle Dan Tian (at the Solar plexus) deals with respiration and the health of internal organs. The upper Dan Tian (at the Third eye) relates to your consciousness, or shen, and your brain.

It is often used interchangeably with the Japanese word hara (腹; Chinese: fù), which literally means simply "belly". In Chinese and Japanese tradition, it is considered the physical center of gravity for the human body and by extension the seat of one's internal energy (qi). A master of calligraphy, swordsmanship, tea ceremony, martial arts or the like is said to be "acting from the hara" in Japan. Buddhist teachers often instruct their students to center their mind in dantian, said to aid control of thoughts and emotions. Acting from the dantian is said therefore to be related to the state of samadhi.

The Dantian also correlates to the Indian concept of the Manipura, or third Chakra in Yoga Philosophy, thought to be the seat of prana that radiates outwards to the entire body. Of other note, the [Japanese Yoga] teachings of [Tempu Nakamura] were derived from these Indian concepts, and later influenced Koichi Tohei's ideas about One-Point, and Ki Aikido.

en.wikipedia.org...
Energy centeres

Yongquan

Lao Gong

There can be internal circulations developed that just circulate internally, and there can be external ones developed too. Or from external to internal and back out again. there is a center meridian that that chakras are along, between the top of the head and bottom chakra, that can be important, it can go through the center channel, out the top of the head and back in the bottom chakra,

kind of like these pictures

electromagnetic field of the heart

of the earth

Another circulation goes from top of the head point down to the ear and along the very sides of the arm, the sides in between the fingers, down the side of the body, side of leg , between toes, and to the bottom chakra, back up the other side to the top of the head again. Those can take some exercises. Different schools can have different variations of how they cultivate all the circuits. In fact, since it is like a river, different techniques or different schools can create different energy pathways, like different dams can change rivers in different ways

Actually there are hundreds of circuits eventually and they all intersect and communicate I think

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hollywood, just curious... are you familiar with the western tradition Solfeggio Scales? It's always interesting to me when I get to see how global some of this ancient knowledge really was. It seems like it's more innate. My true curiosity lies within wave forms and harmonic resonance. I believe that is the most basic form of all, and that everything you have mentioned here is manipulation of natural resonance. Just as there are healing resonances and sounds, there are destructive resonances that we can manipulate and project. Unfortunately, I believe most of our 'western' ways of thinking have brought out the destructive resonance and we have lost our innate sense to the benificial resonances.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
No I've never heard of the Solfeggio scales

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I have to say I've never heard of the either, but I will investigate...thank you to both of you for all this information...will be back when I've got through it all! Sound therapies fascinate me, and my own tolerance and dislikes particularly have altered massively as I've become more energy sensitive. Anyone else notice this?

Caitlin

top topics

join