It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush tells Brown not to withdraw from Iraq.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Bush tells Brown not to withdraw from Iraq.

thinkprogress.org

President Bush, who arrives in London tomorrow, issued a “stern” warning to Brown urging him not to “announce a timetable for a British pull-out from Iraq”:

But while he said both allies obviously wanted to bring their troops home, this could only be ‘based upon success’. On the reported possibility of a formal timetable for major reductions, Bush was unequivocal: ‘Our answer is: there should be no definitive timetable.’

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Teh quote continued:

He pointedly noted that Brown had retreated last year on the scale of an earlier planned pullout - and that Britain still had 4,200 soldiers in Iraq rather than the projected 3,500. ‘I am confident that he, like me, will listen to our commanders to make sure that the sacrifices that have gone forward won’t be unravelled by draw-downs that may not be warranted at this point in time. I look forward to discussing it with him.’

First off I would just like to say that there is something comical and creepy about Bush giving Brown a "stern warning". Bush is a clown on a good day and brain damaged baboon on an average day, it must be beyond insulting to live in England and hear that Bush offered your Prime Minister anything other than bubble gum. For that, I apologize.

What I hope comes from this is a wake up call to the 'President' that the game is over and that it is time to pack up and come home. I know he, and many of his supporters, are slower than most but the realization is inevitable...isn't it?

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

join